Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #12,440 of 16,931
  Joker,

I noticed you recommended the RHA MA-750 in InnerFidelity's Holiday Gift Guide. It sounds like it would fit into the "Warm & Smooth" sound signature area described on The Headphone List. That said, I was wondering how it compares to the Yamaha EPH-100. Any input?

Also, Merry Christmas! 
bigsmile_face.gif

It does! I think the MA-750 is great for that type of sound. So far I'd say it's at least on-par with the EPH-100 in overall sound quality with slightly diminished bass quantity (not a bad thing, the EPH-100 has tons) and maybe a little less upper midrange presence. 

thanks for always being so helpful Joker

beerchug.gif

Hi |Joker|,

Among the DN-1000, SD-2 and SD-3:

1) Which one has the micro details/details which is very close to DBA02-MKII?

2) Which one has the best 3D imaging and the widest sounds stage?

3) Which one has the best separation for vocal and instrument?

4) Which one has the best "QUALITY" (not "QUANTITY" ) bass that punchy, fast, deep and extended?

Thanks again.

I feel like you should be more concerned with the fact that the DN-1000, StageDivers, and DBA-02 mkII have completely different sound signatures. Imaging and separation are just details - these IEMs sound nothing alike on the most basic level and choosing between them based on which has the best detail level is just strange.

Anyway, the SD-2 and SD-3 are way too different from the DBA-02 MKII. I think the DN-1000 is closer to what you want (a DBA-02 with a lot more bass but no drop in clarity/detail/separation except where the bass is too big to keep up with the DBA-02).

El S4 es Bastante en forma de V -. Tumbas y agudos sí ha Mejorado  Si USTED no cree Que USTED PODRIA HACER estafa Menos bajo, Una buena alternativa seria la VSonic GR02 Bass Edición o identificacion Spark Latina, o Tal Vez el Audio-Technica CKM500 .  El CKM500 SUENA DIFERENTE Poco ONU, Pero Tiene Muy buena calidad de audio en general.

Si Puedes Vivir con algoritmos Menos De La CANTIDAD De tumbas, Florerias Obtener Mejor Calidad de sonido estafa algoritmo de como el VSonic VSD1 - Precisión alcalde una, tono Un Mas neutral, etc 

Thanks a lot Joker,what do you think about JVC FX80 is similar to Klipsch S4 signature?,and for  have  a cheap replace what you think about Dunu Trident and rha 350? .If there arent similars to  my sound cand you recomend me a cheap ones betwen 30-60?.Thanks  and sorry for my English I am spanish,you are great!

The FXD80 has a different type of sound than the Klipsch - not so much bass impact and more emphasis on upper mids and the top half of the frequency spectrum in general. The Trident and MA-350 don't have the v-shaped signature of the S4.

Quote:

Thanks a lot for your answer ljokerl. Certainly is very difficult to find an IEM like LCD-2, but these ones you say can be good. SD-2 seem an excellent option.

And Merry Christmas!!!
beerchug.gif

Happy holidays!

I found a nice deal on the Logitech UE900. Currently owning the Shure SE535. Is the Logitechs better than the SE535 sound quality wise? I am after as much neutral sound as possible. Thanks!

If you find the SE535 to be lacking a bit of treble presence and extension, then the UE900 would be better. It's also less mid-focused overall. Otherwise it doesn't really have any strong advantages over the Shures.

Glad the SD2 and SD3 have more exposure now. The SD3 I can`t fault, just keeps improving, stunning and never sibilant as per your findings. Good stuff Joker.

They are very nice earphones
etysmile.gif

joker
how do you compare bass quality and especially quality beetween gr07be and monoprice 8320 (i know it's silly to compare them, but it's only my iem i have)?
which has bigger impact and more powerfull?

The GR07BE has quite a lot more bass and is more impactful and  powerful. The Monoprice is more mid-centric with less emphasis on bass and treble.

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #12,441 of 16,931
Got an email this morning for the Etymotic MC2 at $19.99 + shipping from amazon. Very good deal for an MC5 variant, cheaper even than the Ety-Kids.

http://theheadphonelist.com/deal-alert-etymotic-research-mc2-19-99shipping-amazon/ 

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #12,443 of 16,931
Hello guys, I have been trying to search this forum for a while, but I still could not decide what IEM to buy. Please help me out.

I need microphone, and volume up/down buttons.
I will use it with my nexus 5 and computer.
My budget is up to $20.
I live in Canada ON.
I can buy it from any trusted and famous website that accepts paypal, although I prefer ebay.ca.

Let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #12,444 of 16,931

I feel like you should be more concerned with the fact that the DN-1000, StageDivers, and DBA-02 mkII have completely different sound signatures. Imaging and separation are just details - these IEMs sound nothing alike on the most basic level and choosing between them based on which has the best detail level is just strange.

Anyway, the SD-2 and SD-3 are way too different from the DBA-02 MKII. I think the DN-1000 is closer to what you want (a DBA-02 with a lot more bass but no drop in clarity/detail/separation except where the bass is too big to keep up with the DBA-02).

Thanks a lot |Joker| because your opinion will help me to decide which IEM to go for. :)

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #12,445 of 16,931
Great review on the Stage Divers @|joker|; thank you!

I'm currently looking for a good reference signature universal with great natural sound/timbre. Should I consider the noble 4 and the SD-2 in my priority list? Which of the two is closest to natural sound?

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #12,446 of 16,931
Great review on the Stage Divers @|joker|; thank you!

I'm currently looking for a good reference signature universal with great natural sound/timbre. Should I consider the noble 4 and the SD-2 in my priority list? Which of the two is closest to natural sound?

Cheers!

If I may, I'd recommend the Etymotic HF5. I think it's probably the best deal in audiophilia. IMO it's top tier sound at a true steal of a price. I say this because it produces notes with the refinement and effortlessness of summit-fi earphones (look at my profile to see what I've heard). It's also very much reference a reference signature.

The downsides are this:
-the proper insertion is deep enough to make you dizzy for the first few times. I imagine it's like losing one's anal virginity. You'll get used to it over time, and the sound you get is truly worth the initial discomfort. Plus, the isolation is ridiculous. I took it on a flight, and I only remembered I was on a plane because of the vibration of the seats. I couldn't hear the engine.
-secondly, the bass drops off rapidly after 50Hz. Above that, it's huge and impactful when needed. It almost rivals my ASG-2 in impact and attack (but obviously not quantity). It's truly impressive bass. You can choose to boost the sub-bass if you please.

IMO, it's one of those iems I think everyone should give a shot, along with the GR07.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #12,447 of 16,931

If I may, I'd recommend the Etymotic HF5. I think it's probably the best deal in audiophilia. IMO it's top tier sound at a true steal of a price. I say this because it produces notes with the refinement and effortlessness of summit-fi earphones (look at my profile to see what I've heard). It's also very much reference a reference signature.

The downsides are this:
-the proper insertion is deep enough to make you dizzy for the first few times. I imagine it's like losing one's anal virginity. You'll get used to it over time, and the sound you get is truly worth the initial discomfort. Plus, the isolation is ridiculous. I took it on a flight, and I only remembered I was on a plane because of the vibration of the seats. I couldn't hear the engine.
-secondly, the bass drops off rapidly after 50Hz. Above that, it's huge and impactful when needed. It almost rivals my ASG-2 in impact and attack (but obviously not quantity). It's truly impressive bass. You can choose to boost the sub-bass if you please.

IMO, it's one of those iems I think everyone should give a shot, along with the GR07.

That is quite interesting. I'll read about them... thanks!

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #12,449 of 16,931
Hi joker,

I don't like trebly sybilance. My iems now are the wooduo and qjays. Love them.
But saw the w3 amazon deal. 160$. Including shipping turns out only 160€. Great deal.

But after reading your post have my doubts. Not sure if w3 is for me .scared of its highs. What do you think.?

For example the dt 770 is a bit to much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back