Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #11,581 of 16,931

UE600 or maybe the SteelSeries Flux Pro. Both have slightly laid-back treble compared to gray-filtered Phonaks and Etys. 

ue 600 , my fav single ba phone , any day .

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #11,585 of 16,931
  anything in tier 3a beyond the Xears TDIII is currently off site

Yes, that post has hit some sort of limit. It's now doing all sorts of weird things. Every time I edit it a little more seems to disappear. I'm working on transferring the reviews here from my backup copy.

Wow, that's some awful reviews. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #11,586 of 16,931

Yes, that post has hit some sort of limit. It's now doing all sorts of weird things. Every time I edit it a little more seems to disappear. I'm working on transferring the reviews here from my backup copy.

Wow, that's some awful reviews. 

Should I be worried about possibly being fakes? I don't know what kind of fakes are in the market right now.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #11,588 of 16,931
Would love to see some impressions from Joker on Somic earphones. The headphones that I have from them are top notch, along with being very inexpensive for the sound. The $20 MH401 earphones I just got from them punch well above their price point.

These seem to be the newest and best so far:
MH401 - "moving iron" dynamic -$20
MH407 - balanced armature -$60

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #11,589 of 16,931
  Should I be worried about possibly being fakes? I don't know what kind of fakes are in the market right now.

Not sure if there are any fakes of this model. I haven't heard of any.

Well, there aren't that many reviews to begin with. The US amazon has way more reviews and thus actually more bad reviews than the German. 

Yeah, it's not the number of reviews but the ratio of bad to good that surprised me. I know UE products don't do that bad on amazon US.

Would love to see some impressions from Joker on Somic earphones. The headphones that I have from them are top notch, along with being very inexpensive for the sound. The $20 MH401 earphones I just got from them punch well above their price point.

These seem to be the newest and best so far:
MH401 - "moving iron" dynamic -$20
MH407 - balanced armature -$60

"moving iron" as in conventional dynamic driver? 

Anyway, I've heard of them before but never got a chance to try their stuff. Will keep them in mind. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #11,592 of 16,931
In Chinese, people informally refer to 'moving iron' (動鐵, 动铁) as balanced armature (平衡電樞, 平衡电枢), and 'moving coil' (or rather 'moving loop', 動圈, 动圈) as dynamic. Something got lost in translation there.

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #11,594 of 16,931
Amazon reviews can be pretty random, and usually in this kind of items they only check if the sound is decent and thats enough for the everyday John. They usually rate the visuals not the actual sound of the iem, it is a very superficial rating about looks, build materials...

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #11,595 of 16,931

dont worry man , ue600 is my personal favorite single ba phone , if you can get a good seal , you can enjoy the blissful music . and its really cheap .
  i dont think there are knock offs of this phone , but they can be refurbished , but i doubt it too .
  the first one with 11/11 helpful is just not fair , he says hes coming from etys , complaining about bass , etys dont even have the bass as ue600 , i have a er-4pt , i know how they sound .
  these reviews are just rogue .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back