Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #11,041 of 16,931
Quote:
Right now I'm using TF10 but the comfort and my new wire's  microphonics are kind of ruining it, I'm thinking about some Vsonic GR07 MKII (or BE depending on if I want more bass or mids) to change up the pace.
Alternatively, I could reshell my TF10 and get new cables. Decisions decisions..

I used to own (and love) the TF10 - I sold it because of the fit and the microphonics.  I bought the GR07 and when I first got them, being accustomed to the TF10's signature, I hated them...but that hate only lasted for a couple of days.  The GR07 is now one of all time favorite headphones. 

Try to find a GR07 in the sales forum.  If you don't like it just sell it and get your money back.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #11,042 of 16,931

I used to own (and love) the TF10 - I sold it because of the fit and the microphonics.  I bought the GR07 and when I first got them, being accustomed to the TF10's signature, I hated them...but that hate only lasted for a couple of days.  The GR07 is now one of all time favorite headphones. 

Try to find a GR07 in the sales forum.  If you don't like it just sell it and get your money back.

I'm having a tough decision of whether re-shell or GR07 (and MKII or BE).

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #11,046 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey Joker, what are a couple of IEMs you would say have the best value in that; starting from around this tier of iems do the quality/price ration begin to fall out or become highly subjective? And which ones would be under that but with almost to no microphonics. To me, if I can notice the microphonics when I'm walking with my IEMs, it just ruins the SQ.

Right now I'm using TF10 but the comfort and my new wire's  microphonics are kind of ruining it, I'm thinking about some Vsonic GR07 MKII (or BE depending on if I want more bass or mids) to change up the pace.
Alternatively, I could reshell my TF10 and get new cables. Decisions decisions..

A proper custom re-fit with custom (Westone ES-type) cables shouldn't really have any microphonics. If you like the sound of the TF10 I don't see anything wrong with re-shelling it. If you want a change then moving to VSonic would be a better option but to me customs have a bit less microphonics. 

In regards to your more general first question, at this point there are a bunch of sub-$50 earphones that will hit you hard with diminishing returns when you try to upgrade from them. I am talking about the Sony MH1C, LG Quatbeat, a few of the VSonics, Philips SHE3580s, etc. 

Then above the $150-200 range or so, a lot of it starts coming down to preference. This is why I have trouble suggesting upgrades to sets such as the VSonic GR07, Ety HF5, and HiFiMan RE-400 (among others) when asked. 

Quote:
I'm not ljokerl but I just want to say that a really good seal on a phone with minimal or no venting might create the thumping effect when you walk. I think it's those factors. I get it with Re0 but not with GR07. Both using the same size MH1C hybrids. It gets less annoying if I wear running shoes or other soft shoes and watch how I walk. And yes, I wear both with cables over my ear and with no microphonics from clothes touching the cable. Just my own footsteps.

That's called the occlusion effect, it's distinct from microphonics. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #11,047 of 16,931
Wow Joker with the review of the Sm64... I feels like a new competitor for the V3 has come up to change my decision! :p But I believe the V3 still sounds a tad better?

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #11,048 of 16,931
Quote:
Wow Joker with the review of the Sm64... I feels like a new competitor for the V3 has come up to change my decision! :p But I believe the V3 still sounds a tad better?

Pretty different sound, the V3 is more aggressive and engaging and has brighter treble and more of a mid-bass hump. If you want something more mid-centric the SM64 might actually be a better option.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #11,049 of 16,931
Quote:
Pretty different sound, the V3 is more aggressive and engaging and has brighter treble and more of a mid-bass hump. If you want something more mid-centric the SM64 might actually be a better option.

Really? Haha thanks! It's always interesting how all IEM are different

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #11,051 of 16,931
Quote:
I would love to see the Fxz100/200 included in this review. But anyways: Great thread, helped me a lot with choosing IEM's!

I would too. Someday...

Glad the thread has been helpful 
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #11,053 of 16,931
Hi Sir Joker, what can you say about these?

via TranslateGoogle

[New] [four-color detail exposure map] VSD1 series new details: Sao red fluorescent green √ √ √ sky blue black √. With VSD3 series and D5 is different, VSD1 new version of the shell with a smooth surface, while VSD3 series and D5 is used polished diamond irregular plane (outline style is more distinctive, polished design can improve the wearing comfort). VSD1 new price not yet set, time to market 2014.06.01.

[SOURCE]

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #11,054 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi Sir Joker, what can you say about these?

via TranslateGoogle

[New] [four-color detail exposure map] VSD1 series new details: Sao red fluorescent green √ √ √ sky blue black √. With VSD3 series and D5 is different, VSD1 new version of the shell with a smooth surface, while VSD3 series and D5 is used polished diamond irregular plane (outline style is more distinctive, polished design can improve the wearing comfort). VSD1 new price not yet set, time to market 2014.06.01.

Someone who knows more than I do about these explained their purpose on page 736 of this thread. That was the first I'd heard of them except for the VSD7, which supposed to replace the GR07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back