Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #9,691 of 16,931
I am a noob here, I just joined about a month ago and I want to say thank you for the reviews on all of the headphones. This will help me a lot in making some informed decisions. I never knew this place existed until recently and it is top notch!!! I look forward to talking to you guys and once my probationary period is over I will update my profile to include my gear. Although it is very,very modest compared to what you guys are sporting!!! Take care All and jam on!

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #9,692 of 16,931
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet.  
beyersmile.png

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #9,693 of 16,931
Quote:

It's been a while since I've heard the UM3X. Are you looking for any particular sound improvements/changes in relation to the UM3X? None of the entry-level customs I've tried (though there's only 4 I've heard in that price range) reminded me of the UM3X.

Well, I guess mostly I would like a more open soundstage and probably just a different sound signature.  I don't want something super analytical, something with a good sound that makes music interesting, kind of like the UM3X does, but a different flavor, if that makes sense.  This is for enjoying music, not for picking it apart.  I'll use my studio monitors for that.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #9,694 of 16,931
Quote:
I am a noob here, I just joined about a month ago and I want to say thank you for the reviews on all of the headphones. This will help me a lot in making some informed decisions. I never knew this place existed until recently and it is top notch!!! I look forward to talking to you guys and once my probationary period is over I will update my profile to include my gear. Although it is very,very modest compared to what you guys are sporting!!! Take care All and jam on!

Welcome to Head-Fi! 

Quote:
Well, I guess mostly I would like a more open soundstage and probably just a different sound signature.  I don't want something super analytical, something with a good sound that makes music interesting, kind of like the UM3X does, but a different flavor, if that makes sense.  This is for enjoying music, not for picking it apart.  I'll use my studio monitors for that.

I would go with the 1964-V3, then. It's quite solid for an entry-level custom with a colored but not downright unbalanced sound signature. I think most would qualify it is a fun-sounding set and not at all a reference monitor. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #9,696 of 16,931
After reading your review I'm still deciding between VSonic VC02, VSonic GR06 and Astrotec AM90.
Due to the price of these IEMs and my growing curiosity towards this hobby, I'm thinking about buying two of them to have a chance to try different sound signatures.
I'd like one of the IEM to be a neutral one, so that I can start appreciating a more natural sound, but the other one could be a little more "fun".
What do you think I should go with?

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #9,697 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker
I really want to read your review on another high-end CIEM that can totally surpasses Miracles! 
:)
Hope you will do it in the near future.

This might happen sooner than you think 
wink.gif

Quote:
After reading your review I'm still deciding between VSonic VC02, VSonic GR06 and Astrotec AM90.
Due to the price of these IEMs and my growing curiosity towards this hobby, I'm thinking about buying two of them to have a chance to try different sound signatures.
I'd like one of the IEM to be a neutral one, so that I can start appreciating a more natural sound, but the other one could be a little more "fun".
What do you think I should go with?

Go for the VC02 as the neutral one - I think it is noticeably better than the AM-90 and other SR-based single-armature earphones. For the more fun one I would get something v-shaped, maybe a GR02BE or Audio-Technica CKM500.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #9,698 of 16,931
I will carry the VC02 and GR02 BE on a plane and they are a great compliment.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #9,699 of 16,931
VC02 vs RE0? 
etysmile.gif

My way old RE0 (a replacement for a pair that died) are failing. I have better IEMs in general now, but since ordering the VC02 I haven't bought anything as straight up analytical

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #9,702 of 16,931
Quote:
I haven't been able to find the B2's anywhere. Are they still in production?

JJ

They are still available in mp4nation

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-b2-dual-balanced-armature-earphones/

I don't think they will be out of production anytime soon

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #9,704 of 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Go for the VC02 as the neutral one - I think it is noticeably better than the AM-90 and other SR-based single-armature earphones. For the more fun one I would get something v-shaped, maybe a GR02BE or Audio-Technica CKM500.

Thank you!

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #9,705 of 16,931
Quote:
VC02 vs RE0? 
etysmile.gif

My way old RE0 (a replacement for a pair that died) are failing. I have better IEMs in general now, but since ordering the VC02 I haven't bought anything as straight up analytical

I have the RE-ZERO but not the RE0. I thought the ZERO was slightly more spacious than the VC02, the midrange was a bit more natural-sounding compared to the thinner VC02, and the treble was smoother and more refined. Definitely not a big difference overall, however, and much smaller than it should be considering the price difference.

Quote:
Would you like to give some hints?

There are 3 competitors for the top spot that I've heard so far. No additional info at this time 
tongue.gif

Quote:
I haven't been able to find the B2's anywhere. Are they still in production?

JJ

I think so. I wouldn't panic if they are not on listed on Mp4nation - they have been known to remove products that are out of stock from their site and then add them again later.

Quote:
Any plans on reviewing the EarSonics SM64 V2? :)

Nope, couldn't get hold of Earsonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back