Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #8,251 of 16,931
Quote:

e30 has shallow fit , but goes over ear , if you liked the cx 300 , e30 with less emphasis on highs may feel a bit less interesting , isolation with the biggest tips was okay for me , has good bass and cleaner mids , but the less sparky highs were a heart breaker . i wonder if you have sony ex220lp available there . really cheap here at $22 its a awesome buy . not bass heavy but worth the price tag .

some suggestions are , sennheiser cx175 , denon ahc-360/351 , sony ex220lp , xb41ex . may be a cowon ce1 , but that has bad isolation .
exact sort of fit can be from a cx 400 II , cx 500 , denon ahc-260 , how did i missed it , meelec cw31 would be awesome , but dont have bass like cx300 .

Thanks Suman and Joker!
im thinking of the Soundmagic e30 vs. Meelec cw31
im afraid im going to dislike the half-in-ear design of the meelec
which of them sound better?
i think i like the over the ear design for a better secure and microphonics.
i sometimes try to wear the id america spark over the ear but the cable doesnt stay put
and when i use ear guides it wraps around my neck and its like going to choke me
does the e30 cable stay put around the ear?
i always glimpse at the shure 215...but it seems to go real deep into the ear canals. is it true?
thank you very much

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #8,252 of 16,931
Quote:
The way the title of 2B10 is worded, it may seem to people that they're identical. Just remember your megareview has large influence on purchasing decisions :)

BTW found the original mention, on anythingbutipod review: http://anythingbutipod.com/2012/05/meelectronics-a161p-iem/

Maybe not in this case, but MEE is notorious for using generic shells... Well you know that better than me surely.

I'm not affiliated with either brand, just saying.

They sounded pretty much identical at first listen - the similarities are much more than skin deep in this case. Will do more listening later in the week.

Generic shells are a common phenomenon for dynamic-driver earphones because you can just tune the driver or pop in a different one of the same size (obviously not quite that simple) and voilà - an earphone that potentially performs very differently from what you started with. Armature-based earphones are different because the shells are usually fitted to a specific armature (just look at cross-sections of the UE housings on the web). The drivers themselves are manufactured by one of the major BA manufacturers which means they probably aren't tuned at assembly level. I think it's safe to assume that the SBA-03 and A161P are at most using different variants of the same driver (Knowles ED according to that ABI review, which makes sense as they do sound rather Ety-like in many ways). 

Quote:
Thanks Suman and Joker!
i sometimes try to wear the id america spark over the ear but the cable doesnt stay put
and when i use ear guides it wraps around my neck and its like going to choke me
i always glimpse at the shure 215...but it seems to go real deep into the ear canals. is it true?
thank you very much

I actually think the fit of the CW31 is safer but that's just me. They don't sound that different. CW31 tends to be warmer and focus on lows and mids. E30 is more balanced but still has decent bass (nowhere near as much as the Spark though). 

The Shures go pretty deep, hence the excellent isolation.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #8,253 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks Suman and Joker!
thank you very much

i will say cw31 but it cant be worn over ear at all , but the e30 has no trouble with that and it cant be worn straight . go for any that you like .

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #8,254 of 16,931
Since someone asked about them in this thread, my brief thoughts on the Apple EarPods vs the old iBuds can be found here, complete with a short comparison to the Monoprice 8320.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #8,257 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:
I'm looking for some inexpensive IEMs for my phone with a mic. I'm assuming M9P is the way to go?

why not the philips SHE35* series? there are phone versions too

I tried googling and couldn't find them, I assume the astrisk is replaced by a number. What number?

Found em! Thanks!

What signature do they have?

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #8,259 of 16,931
I tried googling and couldn't find them, I assume the astrisk is replaced by a number. What number?

Found em! Thanks!

The current with-mic version is numbered SHE3595

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #8,260 of 16,931
Quote:
I cannot comment on many of those, but if you're going for a Vsonic, I'd recommend the GR04 Flagship Pro if you can still find them. They're technically a step up from the 06, and can be found for about $50 because they're being discontinued.

It's been three weeks since i asked for help in this topic, two people recommended me the GR04 Pro Flagship, so i did a little research than i bought them.. Arrived last week.

They are so awesome! I can feel a huge defference comparing them to my previous GR99, the overall clarity and detail are just sweet, they are very good with all the kinds of music i listen to, with a little EQing for the most bass-heavy songs.

The selection of tips is impressive, and the build quality is great.. looking at details like the adjustable metal nozzles, and the large cable cinch is really satisfying!

I listen to them straight from my clip+ and i couldn't be happier, i didn't believe they could be such a great product for 40€, Thanks guys!

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #8,261 of 16,931
Joker and Suman, thanks a lot for the advice......
i just have one last question :)
would the meelec cw31 be a noticable downgrade from my
id america spark and klipsch image s4?
i think i'd try harder to get used to 'em if it is.
the sparks have such a fantastic sound, i couldn't ask more.
anyway i'm really thinking seriously about the meelec cw31.
thank you guys so much!

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #8,262 of 16,931
not really , i dont like the image s4 , big v shaped sound with bolted bass and harsh highs , cw31 is quiet balanced and easy on ears . not a significant down grade , not at all . if you dont want to down grade get the gr06 .

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #8,263 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:
I cannot comment on many of those, but if you're going for a Vsonic, I'd recommend the GR04 Flagship Pro if you can still find them. They're technically a step up from the 06, and can be found for about $50 because they're being discontinued.

It's been three weeks since i asked for help in this topic, two people recommended me the GR04 Pro Flagship, so i did a little research than i bought them.. Arrived last week.

They are so awesome! I can feel a huge defference comparing them to my previous GR99, the overall clarity and detail are just sweet, they are very good with all the kinds of music i listen to, with a little EQing for the most bass-heavy songs.

The selection of tips is impressive, and the build quality is great.. looking at details like the adjustable metal nozzles, and the large cable cinch is really satisfying!

I listen to them straight from my clip+ and i couldn't be happier, i didn't believe they could be such a great product for 40€, Thanks guys!

I agree entirely. I was quite surprised. The higher impedance of the Flagships (50z) makes them compatible with more devices, too. Anything with output impedance as high as 7 or 8 z sounds all right in my experience

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #8,264 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:

Found em! Thanks!

The current with-mic version is numbered SHE3595

How does the SHE3575 compare, because I found those for $7 shipped on Amazon...

Also, thoughts on the MEElec M16, they're on sale, too, and they have a signature I would prefer, anyone have those and the SHEs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back