Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 13, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #7,531 of 16,931
Quote:

Conquer confusion the typical head-fi way - buy both FX700 and W4
biggrin.gif

PS: Otherwise, Joker's TF10 would be posted before you buy anything
wink.gif

LOL, now just waiting for your impressions on the EPH-100
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #7,533 of 16,931
Quote:
There is already a review made by Joker on the EPH-100

I know I purchased EPH-100 after when joker reviewed it :) On the basis of his review I made this purchase possible :)

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #7,534 of 16,931
Quote:

Conquer confusion the typical head-fi way - buy both FX700 and W4
biggrin.gif

PS: Otherwise, Joker's TF10 would be posted before you buy anything
wink.gif

And thus a new unit of time is defined.

Quote:
There is already a review made by Joker on the EPH-100

He means esanthosh's review/impressions

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #7,536 of 16,931
Hi ljokerl, any chance you were looking to do the TF10 review sometime soon? You seem to refer to it often and plenty of us have them, so having a review up there as a frame of reference would be helpful for those looking to upgrade, sidestep or simply how they fare in comparison to the rest of the range you have looked at.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #7,538 of 16,931
joker.. promise me you'll be posting the TF.10 review as a near-indecipherable cryptogram?  Just to absolutely torment the TF.10 fanboys.

Pretty please?

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #7,540 of 16,931

Which IEM is better; the Beyerdynamic DTX 101 or the Klipsch s4?

I am looking to buy a pair of headphones under $100 and i'v narrowed my decision down to these two. Can someone tell which is better based on your personal experience or reviews you've seen online. I am also looking for more clarity in headphones without compromising the bass. Thanks a lot if you can help me out.

Maybe you can recommend a better IEM for this price range.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #7,541 of 16,931

I am looking to buy a pair of headphones under $100 and i'v narrowed my decision down to these two. Can someone tell which is better based on your personal experience or reviews you've seen online. I am also looking for more clarity in headphones without compromising the bass. Thanks a lot if you can help me out.

That's a price bracket with some great contenders, between the Vsonics, Sunrises, RE0 and REZERO

Edit: Wow, that sounded far meaner than I had intended, sorry!

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #7,542 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi ljokerl, any chance you were looking to do the TF10 review sometime soon? You seem to refer to it often and plenty of us have them, so having a review up there as a frame of reference would be helpful for those looking to upgrade, sidestep or simply how they fare in comparison to the rest of the range you have looked at.

The problem is that I'm always working on something else, not sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Currently the B&W P3, FAD Heaven S and C, and re-vising the RE262. The TF10 thing has become sort of a running joke but really I'd much rather put up reviews of newer gear than something that's got a 500 page impression thread. I did promise I'd work on it shortly after the FitEar review and I plan to stick to that.

Quote:
^ Maybe he finds TF10 so absolutely amazing he's having trouble putting it into words.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah... no 
tongue.gif

Quote:
joker.. promise me you'll be posting the TF.10 review as a near-indecipherable cryptogram?  Just to absolutely torment the TF.10 fanboys.

Tempting...

Quote:
First he needs to make my job of choosing between MH334, FI-BA-SS & K3003 more difficult, then he is free to do whatever it is you want with the TF10 review!

This is true.

Quote:

I found the DTX 101 to be better - it's got a warm, bassy sound but is smooth and not as unnatural as the v-shaped S4. For more recessed mids and harsh, prominent treble the S4 is better.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #7,543 of 16,931
I'm looking for something to compliment my Yamaha EPH-100 set (which I love btw). Something that just has a different sound signature. Not especially bright or analytical, but just a bit brighter. I'm inrigued by the R-50 and perhaps the JVC FXD80. The ATH-CKM500 seem really interesting as well.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #7,545 of 16,931
Quote:

The problem is that I'm always working on something else, not sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Currently the B&W P3, FAD Heaven S and C, and re-vising the RE262. The TF10 thing has become sort of a running joke but really I'd much rather put up reviews of newer gear than something that's got a 500 page impression thread. I did promise I'd work on it shortly after the FitEar review and I plan to stick to that.

What do you plan to revise on the RE262 review?
The newer inter-changeable cable?
Does the SQ change?
Also ,does the old version has a balanced cable or normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back