Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #7,486 of 16,931
Try Audio Affair for EPH-100, I think it comes to around $130 shipped "roughly" (depending where you are) Everyones been grabbing them there.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #7,487 of 16,931
Quote:
Try Audio Affair for EPH-100, I think it comes to around $130 shipped "roughly" (depending where you are) Everyones been grabbing them there.

I'd prefer to get it from somewhere in Australia just due to warranty issues and stuff and also delivery times. Most of these sites from UK or US don't have any delivery estimates to Australia which is worrying to me.

EDIT: They come out to about 73 pounds which is $112AUD and that is including the Royal Mail Airmail delivery. That seems like a fantastic price however I am just going to ask them about delivery times. How good are the Yamahas with bass also since most of my music is that?

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #7,488 of 16,931
I'd prefer to get it from somewhere in Australia just due to warranty issues and stuff and also delivery times. Most of these sites from UK or US don't have any delivery estimates to Australia which is worrying to me.

There's only one place I know of in Australia that has them, but they're on backorder ($99)

http://www.myshopping.com.au/GO--1220688254_shopping

Edit: Audio Affair seems the logical solution, everyone's been grabbing them there without any problems. The bass will be plenty enough for your music genres. EPH-100 can get down and dirty with the best of them.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7,489 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker some days before i commented about the gr07 highs and you replied to me. You mentioned that the fxt90 have quite detailed nature and sparke. You think they will satisfy my need for more micro detailed over from the gr07?

I don't remember the conversation where I recommended the FXT90 over the GR07 but I would say the highs will be pretty close between the two, not night and day, with a nod to the FXT90. Something like the Brainwavz B2 will do much better.

Quote:
EPH-100 gets way out of budget for me as it gets to around $170-180 when shipped from America and I'm trying to stay as close to $100 as possible. The Etymotic HF2 and the Xcape IE are only about $130 but I'm not overly sure about it. Most of my music is bass oriented but I also like good mids and highs in my trance/dnb/house music. In Australia I'm mainly looking at stores like addictedtoaudio.com.au headphones.com.au jaben.com.au and lendmeurears.com 

If you want to see the types of music I listen to mainly search up Monstercatmedia on YouTube. Thanks everyone for your help!

The HF2 is not what you're looking for. The Xcape IE is fantastic but I don't recommend it due to construction issues.

Quote:

EDIT: They come out to about 73 pounds which is $112AUD and that is including the Royal Mail Airmail delivery. That seems like a fantastic price however I am just going to ask them about delivery times. How good are the Yamahas with bass also since most of my music is that?

Pretty darn good.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #7,490 of 16,931
Quote:

I don't remember the conversation where I recommended the FXT90 over the GR07 but I would say the highs will be pretty close between the two, not night and day, with a nod to the FXT90. Something like the Brainwavz B2 will do much better.

The HF2 is not what you're looking for. The Xcape IE is fantastic but I don't recommend it due to construction issues.

Pretty darn good.

What would you recommend though in terms of an SE 215 which I can get for $107 AUD including shipping or the Yamahas for $115-120 considering the majority of stuff I listen to is like MonsterCat Media things and electronica styles?

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #7,491 of 16,931
Just wanted to thank Joker and others who have contributed to this thread. Makes research so much easier. The thread helped again as I researched what I should try next. Really happy with PFE112's that I got last year, but it was time to see what the upper tier might sound like from the Cowon J3.

Westone 4r's on order. Looking forward to seeing what they are about.

Thanks again for your time and dedication.

Scott

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #7,492 of 16,931
Quote:
What would you recommend though in terms of an SE 215 which I can get for $107 AUD including shipping or the Yamahas for $115-120 considering the majority of stuff I listen to is like MonsterCat Media things and electronica styles?

The EPH-100 if you can afford them. 

Quote:
Just wanted to thank Joker and others who have contributed to this thread. Makes research so much easier. The thread helped again as I researched what I should try next. Really happy with PFE112's that I got last year, but it was time to see what the upper tier might sound like from the Cowon J3.

Westone 4r's on order. Looking forward to seeing what they are about.

Thanks again for your time and dedication.

Scott

Agreed, big thanks to everyone who helps answer questions and otherwise keep this thread alive and (hopefully) helpful. 

Hope you enjoy the W4s 
beerchug.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #7,493 of 16,931
if you are not looking for a bass monster , then you will be happy with the yamaha eph100 , cuz its superior to the shure se215 in audio quality . as its more precise sounding then the booming shure . and if you use the silicone tips , it gives huge bass .

your getting some good deals out there , so grab them . you will have a really nice top tier sound experience .

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #7,494 of 16,931
I'm looking for some new in ear headphones after my previous set died. I've used an Ultimate Ears 400vi set which I liked, but the cable became loose and started making noise whenever it moved, so I had to return it. After that I got a set of Klipsch Image S4s which I was rather disappointed with after using the UEs, they were very uncomfortable in my ears, there was a piece of plastic that poked into the side of my ear, plus the sound quality wasn't what i was expecting. Anyway, one of the ear pieces just broke on them so I have an excuse to replace them!

Very tempted by the Yamaha EPH100s you recommend so much on here, only issue I have is that they don't have controls on the cord, which both my previous sets did and I found it very useful. For a similar price the Nocs NS400 seem to be what I'm looking for but I'm not sure how the image quality stands up to the Yamahas. Are there any other headphones you would recommend at a similar quality/price to the Yamahas which do have controls? If not, I'll probably just go for those and make do without the controls. Thanks for any replies.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #7,495 of 16,931
Quote:

The EPH-100 if you can afford them. 

Agreed, big thanks to everyone who helps answer questions and otherwise keep this thread alive and (hopefully) helpful. 

Hope you enjoy the W4s 
beerchug.gif

Would it be worth a $30-40 price difference compared to Xcape IE or $60-70 over HiSound Audio PoPos or Crystals? I'm not 100% sure if I want to shell out that much for IEMs just yet. What would your recommendation be for a sub $100 IEM for a bass head that also likes to listen to lighter stuff?

Thanks so much for your help also and to everyone else as well. Really helping me with my situation and I'm learning a heap.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #7,496 of 16,931
i dont know any earphone with sound and dose bass like eu400 and priced under $100 with mic and control , i have one which is like cc51p . over that there is image x10i . unless you have good brand count like spider , phonak .

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #7,497 of 16,931
Quote:

Would it be worth a $30-40 price difference compared to Xcape IE or $60-70 over HiSound Audio PoPos or Crystals? I'm not 100% sure if I want to shell out that much for IEMs just yet. What would your recommendation be for a sub $100 IEM for a bass head that also likes to listen to lighter stuff?

Thanks so much for your help also and to everyone else as well. Really helping me with my situation and I'm learning a heap.

If you can get a FXT90 for under $100, it's a pretty good deal...
Musical without too much coloration, and oh the sweet sweet timbre 
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #7,498 of 16,931
Quote:

If you can get a FXT90 for under $100, it's a pretty good deal...
Musical without too much coloration, and oh the sweet sweet timbre 
wink.gif

x17

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #7,499 of 16,931
Hi joker, between the SOUNDMAGIC PL50 and e30 which one do you think does cymbals with better clarity and sparkle?

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #7,500 of 16,931
man , i own a e30 and and heard pl50 extensively , just go for pl50 if you dont want bass , if you go with e30 you will get bass but lose the treble . pl50 has what you want .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back