Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 20, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #6,647 of 16,931

Quote:
Added VSonic GR06 and GR01

VSonic certainly is on a run lately... 
Very good SQ for the asking price, coupled with comfortable and sturdy design... really really impressed....

I see you've recieved an EPH-100... how are your first impressions with them?

Quote:
Very nice review on the GR06!
I guess I wasn't crazy for expecting you to rate them above 8/10 when it comes to sound.. Also, if they were still priced at around $50, I guess the value would have been 11/10. 

Yes, too bad I didn't get them before the price went up...

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #6,652 of 16,931

Quote:
GR06 still 30 quid in UK, wish I had a use to justify buying! Nice reviews anyway!

Where did you find them at that price? The only place I know where they're being sold in the UK is at Frogbeats, but they're out of stock... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #6,656 of 16,931
That's been the case even before #100. From that old post

Quote:
p.s. Joker, count your list again.  Tell me what number you get to.

Lol. You can add up the numbers in the individual categories much quicker. It should come out to 99 but I counted the ViSang R03 and Brainwavz M2 as different earphones when I added them since they were released and added to the thread at different times.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6,660 of 16,931

Quote:
Great gr06 review Joker! Really spot on. I'm now the proud owner of a gr07 as well
smily_headphones1.gif
the gr06 are quite mid-centric in comparison which gives them a more intimate presentation and the gr07 extends better at both ends. The best way I can describe the difference is if you took a piece of string and shaped it like the gr06 FR graph with a hump in the middle....if you then pulled the string at both ends that's pretty much the gr07.
Also, despite the higher impedance, the gr07 aren't harder to drive.

Thanks! The string analogy sounds about right.

Quote:
Very nice review on the GR06!
I guess I wasn't crazy for expecting you to rate them above 8/10 when it comes to sound.. Also, if they were still priced at around $50, I guess the value would have been 11/10. 

Thanks

Quote:

VSonic certainly is on a run lately... 
Very good SQ for the asking price, coupled with comfortable and sturdy design... really really impressed....

I see you've recieved an EPH-100... how are your first impressions with them?

Punchy bass, upfront mids, pretty smooth treble. Very similar in performance to the Monster MD Tributes but balanced differently.

Quote:
The gr06 seems really interesting, are they even more transparent than the westone 1?

No, not really - that happens to be one of the strengths of the W1.

Quote:
The gr06 review has me interested I picking up a pair. How are the dynamics compared to the gr07?

Not as good.

Quote:
Just a heads up:

21 + 32 + 67 + 51 + 15 + 26 + 15 + 6 + 2 = 235 IEMs :wink:

ViSang R03/Brainwavz M2. I counted them as separate IEMs at first for several reasons but over time the ViSang version has been slowly changed to match the Brainwavz one.

Quote:
That's been the case even before #100. From that old post

It's amazing that you a. remember and b. were able to find that link. I was just dreading having to go looking for that post 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back