Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 31, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #6,436 of 16,931
hey joker, it seems FA eterna v1 ad consonance are solt out everywhere here
MEE CC51 and A151 don't seem would please him in bass quantity, and it seems he wants his IEM more above 50$, so E10 is a no.

how's Brainwavz M2's bass compared to eterna and consonance?

and how do you think about sunrise xcape impressive edition?

I your in the EU frogbeats have some eterna rev 1s in stock!

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #6,437 of 16,931

Quote:

Which of those three would be your choice?  The TD4 is only slightly more expensive than the Spark, and it sounds like it's more comfortable, more isolating and sounds better - is it also happy with a shallower seal?  Any other pairs to consider?

Thanks for all the help!

It's not going to be more isolating if you're wearing it with a shallow seal. The only real reservation I have about Xears products is long-term durability. Otherwise the TD4 should be a great option.

Quote:
i broke it , believe me its not strong , the paint faded , inspite of going for another ( i have given it to the service center they will repair the cable with charges ) ue 700 i need some thing different , what about the fischer audio dba-2 , the highs were a bit harsh too ( im just 10 years into music it takes perhaps more to love highs ) . i like dark signature not like the sony , some thing like ue but not eu again ( if triple fi prices come down ) , i may consider the re0 or re-zeros . but i have options here . i need help in headphones more , which should have mids and bass and okay highs , my hd 280 ( 3 years old ) i broke the cable . i got a hd 449 but thats not what i want , i want some thing better and closed .

I've never heard the HD280 so you're probably better off starting a separate thread with that question since I can't make proper comparisons to it. There are Sonys out there with darker signatures - the ZX700 for example. 

Quote:
hey joker, it seems FA eterna v1 ad consonance are solt out everywhere here
MEE CC51 and A151 don't seem would please him in bass quantity, and it seems he wants his IEM more above 50$, so E10 is a no.

how's Brainwavz M2's bass compared to eterna and consonance?

and how do you think about sunrise xcape impressive edition?

The M2 has less bass than consonance/Eterna but a bit more than CC51. It's a good all-rounder.

I wrote a separate Xcape IE review - you can probably find it using forum search. It's a great-sounding set but not bassier than the M2. Build quality is questionable.

Any chance you can get an id America Spark? It sounds a lot like the Consonance. Otherwise you can maybe look at some of the Xears stuff

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #6,439 of 16,931
thats not bad to say , zx got things but its just an add up to my hd 449 , mid range is okay in the hands of hd 449 , i need upper midrange with a bit more of bass . i under stand the hd 280 was not that popular , not at my place at least . .thanks for your time . i will fall back if i need more help .

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #6,440 of 16,931
just one more help as my cx 400 II are dieing on me too , what about the eterna v2 ? are they par with the older one ?

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #6,443 of 16,931

Quote:
Hey joker, I'm wondering if you had had your hands on some GR06 yet. Found a few threads on it and curious on your thoughts of it, since they are less than $70.

+1
interesting to here your opinion on them

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #6,444 of 16,931
Is anyone aware of any decent IEMs in the £50-£60 (roughly $75-$100) with an asymmetric cable length so that it can be looped around the back of the head like the CX300? It's for a friend that really hates the typical orientation, sound quality is obviously important but there's no major preference in terms of signature. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #6,445 of 16,931

Quote:
Is anyone aware of any decent IEMs in the £50-£60 (roughly $75-$100) with an asymmetric cable length so that it can be looped around the back of the head like the CX300? It's for a friend that really hates the typical orientation, sound quality is obviously important but there's no major preference in terms of signature. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Xears. not all of them

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #6,447 of 16,931

Quote:
just one more help as my cx 400 II are dieing on me too , what about the eterna v2 ? are they par with the older one ?

The review in this thread is actually based on the rev2 Eterna but I compared it to the rev1 in the last paragraph.

Quote:
Hey joker, I'm wondering if you had had your hands on some GR06 yet. Found a few threads on it and curious on your thoughts of it, since they are less than $70.

Yes, I have a GR06. Everything I have on hand but haven't posted reviews of yet is listed on the front page of this thread, under the table.

I have been too busy with the GR01 to get to the GR06 but I have previously said that I was quite impressed with it out of the box. It didn't seem to have the bass depth of the GR07 (a little more oriented towards mid-bass than sub-bass) and isn't quite as clean and detailed but for being 1/3 the price it's remarkably capable. I wouldn't be surprised if it's ends up in the SE215-Hisound crystal range.

Quote:

You can just search the front page of this thread for "j-cord". As kanuka said some Xears models are j-corded - I would suggest sending them an email and asking which of the current lineup has asymmetric cabling. There are some Koss and Sony (e.g. EX300, EX500) models that use j-cords as well.

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #6,448 of 16,931

Quote:

I got the xears xe200pro about a month ago it has cloth covered j-cord
the price also makes you happy

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #6,449 of 16,931
 Joker, I finally decided to get a GR07, as it really receives a lot of praise from many high-regarded head-fier's such as you and ClieOS
I just wanted to thank you for your time and help explaining to me about everything 
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #6,450 of 16,931

Quote:
 Joker, I finally decided to get a GR07, as it really receives a lot of praise from many high-regarded head-fier's such as you and ClieOS
I just wanted to thank you for your time and help explaining to me about everything 
wink.gif

Good choice, I'm sure you'll like them 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back