Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #5,821 of 16,931

Quote:
I've been using a pair of Meelec M6 on the gym for 1year and a half and although they are very durable (still functioning perfectly) i absolutely HATE the wiring. It's very uncomfortable and the only way i can seem to use them is to clip them to my shirt or shorts and even then i have to adjust them frequently. The whole wire is very stiff and doesnt seem to "flow" naturally retaining the curved shape from the carrying case.
The M6 have been through some revisions since then so they might be better now, I can't really tell.

I've taken a picture to show this problem. In the picture you can see the CX400-II and RE0 with the wire perfectly straight. The M6 has been stretched and I tried to make it straight but it just curls up how it shows in the picture. As you can imagine this is a pain to wear

I just ordered a pair of PL-30s to try and replace the M6 (didnt go for the E30 because sound quality is not really needed, i mostly listen to podcasts), i'll see how it goes.

Did you look at Sport Fi S6 ?

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #5,822 of 16,931
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #5,824 of 16,931

Quote:
yea, but the 23$ PL-30 shipped seemed more enticing than the 57$ S6 shipped

They have different sound signatures. The bass on the m6 is much more pronounced then on the pl-30s. Don't get me wrong, I like my PL-30s but if your a person who likes bass, they might not be what you want. They have a more balanced clear sound with a fairly nice soundstage.

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #5,825 of 16,931
Quote:
They have different sound signatures. The bass on the m6 is much more pronounced then on the pl-30s. Don't get me wrong, I like my PL-30s but if your a person who likes bass, they might not be what you want. They have a more balanced clear sound with a fairly nice soundstage.

Quote:
I just ordered a pair of PL-30s to try and replace the M6 (didnt go for the E30 because sound quality is not really needed, i mostly listen to podcasts), i'll see how it goes.

For listening to talking bass is not really a priority :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #5,826 of 16,931

Quote:
I've been looking into the Ortofon IEM's. The e-Q5 sounds interesting but I've been more drawn to the e-Q7. Have you listened to the e-Q7 and if so in your opinion is the e-Q7 worth the upgrade? Considering the price difference is small between the two models I'm stuck on which model would be the smarter investment for me.

Tyr not to let the numbers fool you. I'm a YUUUGE (NY Style But Go Pats) fan of the EQ-5 I haven;t heard as much as the great Joker, but they are by far the best IEM I have ever heard. Many consider them better than the mid heavy EQ-7. The Highs are more "sparkly" on the EQ-5, a little more mid bass on the EQ-7. EQ-5's are very very similar to the Grado 10, but personal preference wise, I still prefer the Ortofon EQ-5, the 5's have a littler more bass than the Grado's while the Grado's have just a little more highs. But the "Air" to me was identical

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #5,827 of 16,931
Thanks joker:) your review and recommendation has made me found the right choice of IEM and headphones for me:) will continue reading your reviews:D

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #5,829 of 16,931

Quote:
Tyr not to let the numbers fool you. I'm a YUUUGE (NY Style But Go Pats) fan of the EQ-5 I haven;t heard as much as the great Joker, but they are by far the best IEM I have ever heard. Many consider them better than the mid heavy EQ-7. The Highs are more "sparkly" on the EQ-5, a little more mid bass on the EQ-7. EQ-5's are very very similar to the Grado 10, but personal preference wise, I still prefer the Ortofon EQ-5, the 5's have a littler more bass than the Grado's while the Grado's have just a little more highs. But the "Air" to me was identical

Great - at a time when a cost-effective alternative to the GR10 seems to be popping up on several people's radar (ok, yourself and rawrstr - that's two !), I have to concentrate on real-world stuff. Stop the planet - I need to get off 
blink.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #5,830 of 16,931
Umm i needed some advice buying some iem. I bought the Meelec a151 thinking they were gonna be the headphones im gonna use everytime i want to listen to music but i find myself yearning for more bass in my music. I am no way a bass head, i just want some thump when needed. I was looking at the Meelec m6 ,cw31, or m21. My budget is kinda low so i was wondering if someone can choose the best one that would suit my needs. I listen to K-pop, J-pop,J-Rock, and instrumentals. Thanks any help or advice is appreciated.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #5,831 of 16,931

Quote:
Umm i needed some advice buying some iem. I bought the Meelec a151 thinking they were gonna be the headphones im gonna use everytime i want to listen to music but i find myself yearning for more bass in my music. I am no way a bass head, i just want some thump when needed. I was looking at the Meelec m6 ,cw31, or m21. My budget is kinda low so i was wondering if someone can choose the best one that would suit my needs. I listen to K-pop, J-pop,J-Rock, and instrumentals. Thanks any help or advice is appreciated.

CW31 is the best sounding of the bunch you listed.  Small form factor and all around one of the better Meelecs. I've heard.  It has good bass and clear sounding.  

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #5,832 of 16,931

Quote:
@Joker

I am using Brainwavz M2 at the moment and now need balanced sounding iem which should has bass quantity like the M2 or more with same/more bass quality. Mids not as much as the Brainwavz M2 has. Little bit more extended smooth treble than the M2. I need better soundstage, Imaging and instrument separation than the M2. I have chosen 3 earphones from your reviews are as follows in no particular order:

Fischer Audio Consonance
ThinkSound TS02
ECCI PR401

AFAIK that EECI PR401 is less in bass, but I am waiting for your reply now as you know the best.

Budget is around $60-$100.

The Consonance is definitely bassier than the M2 but might be too v-shaped if you're after balance and smooth treble. From Fischer I'd go for the Eterna instead. I wouldn't say the treble of the TS02 is as smooth as M2, either, and the PR401 does have less bass. The ECCIs are definitely more balanced than the Consonance but still slightly mid-recessed. I can't think of anything in the price range that fits all of your requirements to a T but if you're willing to give up a bit of bass quantity (down the same level as PR401) the HiSound Crystal might work for you. If you're not willing to give up the bass, maybe one of the Xears (TD-III v.2 or N3i) would be a better choice. They have slightly have less treble emphasis than the Consonance/TS02/PR401 but still extend better than the M2.

Quote:
IjokerI, does MG7 have recessed mids? Thank you

It's got lifted subbass and some lower treble emphasis so yes, it's a bit v-shaped IMO.

Quote:
Thanks joker:) your review and recommendation has made me found the right choice of IEM and headphones for me:) will continue reading your reviews:D

Great, glad the reviews have helped!

Quote:

I think all of the other MEElec IEMs have more bass than the A151. Why not the CC51? It's got plenty of bass punch but the clarity and detail are also very good. The CW31 would be my second choice but there are plenty of other dynamic-driver IEMs in the price range if you are not limiting yourself to MEElec.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #5,833 of 16,931

Quote:

The Consonance is definitely bassier than the M2 but might be too v-shaped if you're after balance and smooth treble. From Fischer I'd go for the Eterna instead. I wouldn't say the treble of the TS02 is as smooth as M2, either, and the PR401 does have less bass. The ECCIs are definitely more balanced than the Consonance but still slightly mid-recessed. I can't think of anything in the price range that fits all of your requirements to a T but if you're willing to give up a bit of bass quantity (down the same level as PR401) the HiSound Crystal might work for you. If you're not willing to give up the bass, maybe one of the Xears (TD-III v.2 or N3i) would be a better choice. They have slightly have less treble emphasis than the Consonance/TS02/PR401 but still extend better than the M2.

It's got lifted subbass and some lower treble emphasis so yes, it's a bit v-shaped IMO.

Great, glad the reviews have helped!

I think all of the other MEElec IEMs have more bass than the A151. Why not the CC51? It's got plenty of bass punch but the clarity and detail are also very good. The CW31 would be my second choice but there are plenty of other dynamic-driver IEMs in the price range if you are not limiting yourself to MEElec.

The cc51 seems like the perfect fit but alas im a poor college kid. my budget is only around $30. Thanks for the response joker, ill be sure to read the rest of your thread to further educate my decision in finding the perfect iem for my price range.  Your thread is so wonderful and well done!
gs1000.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #5,834 of 16,931

Quote:
The cc51 seems like the perfect fit but alas im a poor college kid. my budget is only around $30. Thanks for the response joker, ill be sure to read the rest of your thread to further educate my decision in finding the perfect iem for my price range.  Your thread is so wonderful and well done!
gs1000.gif

You can get the CC51s for like $40 on Amazon if you have an extra ten bucks...

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #5,835 of 16,931

Quote:
In my opinion, the e-Q5 has a slightly (but noticeably) wider & and much deeper soundstage than the GR07.  That being said, the e-Q5 isn't on some IE8-type soundstage level.  I'd say the GR07 is slightly above average in width, and the e-Q5 is a little wider than it.

Imaging is on par with the GR07.

I found E-Q5 to be much smoother in presentation. Bass response is very nice and it wields the texture gracefully, revealing the subtle nuances.

I guess I don't have to try GR07 now.

I really like the housings, looks top class. But there is no chin slider or clip.

Quote:
gs1000.gif

One thing to notice is that CC51's vocals are recessed. But so far it's one of my favorite IEM under $100. Detail is amazing for the price. Ordered 2 more sets but seems like got lost or stolen in transit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back