Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 31, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #5,358 of 16,931
Me too!!!!
Quote:
I'm also looking forward to the FXT90 review, I really like these earphones and would be interested to see how they rank alongside some of the other IEMs that Joker has reviewed.

Cheers

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #5,359 of 16,931
I was wondering if there are any double flange earbud replacements out there for the brainwavz M4? The tips that comes with it don't have any so that's one downfall that's holding me back from buying it and instead go for the meelec m11+ for about 40 bucks. 

Has anyone tried a earbud replacement maybe from different brands that would work with the M4? Like the housing for these IEM I'm sure are all different or somewhat similar so I'm kinda afraid that a different ear bud tip won't sound the same as the stock ones in a bad way (lose quality of certain ranges in sound, soundstage, etc)

Dec 31, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #5,363 of 16,931

Quote:

The A151 is very different in tuning from the Er6i - better bass punch and depth, but underemphasized treble with less energy. For the gym the A151 works great because of noise-free cable and over-the-ear fit and you certainly won't do much better for $50 if you like BA sound. However, if you wanted something similar to the sound of your ER6i, you may be better off splurging on an Ety HF5. Also, EX600 fit may not be secure enough for gym use.

Thanks for the reply Joker. 

I could certainly get some HF5's, they are pretty affordable, however I do feel my Er6i lacked bass.  Are these a bit better in this dept?

Would the JVC fxt90's be a better choice then the SONY in regards to staying in place? And would they be on par with the HF5's in SQ, with additional bass?

My head is spinning trying to pull the trigger on something..lol

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #5,365 of 16,931
I'l say he gives the FXT90 a score of 9 for SQ and value.  I know its all very subjective but there are many people who like them over the DDM1 and GR07 which joker gave 8.9 and 9.1 in SQ.  I can't wait tell mine get here sometime between the 6th and the 9th.

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #5,367 of 16,931
Hmmm, I actually have used the EX600s at the gym. I don't have any problem with them staying in place. I can face my ear towards the ground and shake my head as if I'm trying to get water out of my ear and they stay in place. YMMV

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #5,368 of 16,931
Contemplating the GR10, but I need to be convinced that they are on a similar level to the RS1i in terms of sound - common sense tells me they wont be identical. I dont know what they sell for in the US, but these are expensive (universal)  IEMs here in Oz:

http://www.audiophile.com.au/products_grado.html

And 400AUD is the 'special' price - I dont know what they are normally. So much for fiscal restraint in 2012 
rolleyes.gif

Any feedback welcome.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #5,369 of 16,931

Quote:
I will loan the X10 soon so expect a review of those as well.

Good to know 
wink.gif

Quote:
I was wondering if there are any double flange earbud replacements out there for the brainwavz M4? The tips that comes with it don't have any so that's one downfall that's holding me back from buying it and instead go for the meelec m11+ for about 40 bucks. 
Has anyone tried a earbud replacement maybe from different brands that would work with the M4? Like the housing for these IEM I'm sure are all different or somewhat similar so I'm kinda afraid that a different ear bud tip won't sound the same as the stock ones in a bad way (lose quality of certain ranges in sound, soundstage, etc)

If I had to guess, I'd say the M11+ tip set ($10) will fit. I'm guessing the nozzle of the M4 is notched and you can just ask someone who owns one to measure the diameter with a ruler. Something between 4.5 and 6mm should fit MEElec tips. Tips do usually affect sound quality but the differences are often minor and stock tips may not necessarily be the best for your ears anyway.

Quote:
Thanks ljokerl for all the wondeful reviews.
Creative Aurvana 3 sounds interesting.

No problem, glad they were useful!

Quote:
joker, thank you for all that you do and I wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy new year.

Thank you, I appreciate that. 

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Joker. 

I could certainly get some HF5's, they are pretty affordable, however I do feel my Er6i lacked bass.  Are these a bit better in this dept?

Would the JVC fxt90's be a better choice then the SONY in regards to staying in place? And would they be on par with the HF5's in SQ, with additional bass?

My head is spinning trying to pull the trigger on something..lol

The HF5 has better bass extension than the ER6i but overall bass quantity isn't much greater. I would feel more secure at the gym with the FXT90s than any of Sony's EX -series earphones. FXT90 easily sounds as good as the HF5 and has a lot more bass.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back