Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 23, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #5,281 of 16,931
Nice review of the Aurvana 3s. That's exactly the score I thought you'd give them after listening to them for a while myself.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #5,282 of 16,931

Quote:
Wow, the Aurvana 3 and T15 certainly appear to be very competent set of in-ears. The latter piqued my interest ever since I encountered the perfect rating over at trustedreviews. I'll definitely pay the T15 a visit at some point. 
smile.gif

So much for the miracles curing your obsession with universals 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #5,283 of 16,931
Performance wise, the Miracle is easily the best I've heard from an in-ear. However, Head-Fi is a very dangerous drug, my friend, and in the words of the great Mitch Hedberg (RIP), "I used to do drugs... and I still do." 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #5,285 of 16,931

Quote:

As distributor of HiFiMan and Sunrise i may say - problem with dfective product in HiFiman not less than in Sunrise :)

Quote:
As noted at the beginning of the thread, I can only recount my own experiences with the products in question. I have had a total of six (!) issues with the three Sunrise products I've owned over the course of six months. I've had a total of zero issues with the five HiFiMan products I've owned over the course of three years. As far as I know HiFiMan has never released a product that is unusable past 1-2 hours because the voice coil overheats.

Even I can only report my experience. 

During the burn-in (after about 80 hours) I had the problem of overheating of the coil solved after few minutes. 

I continued with the burn in fact on a continuing basis. After the problem occurred again, still resulting in a few minutes. 

The fact that they are not sent back does not mean that they have had not problems. 

I have not sent back the IEM because problems have been small and in any case, I didn't know if I would have them solved with the change or if I could get in return an IEM worse 

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #5,286 of 16,931
So you are reccomending the M21/31 over the M11+?
Interesting....

I'm just curious if the M31 isn't too muddy.
Are they still decent for vocals?

Like for this song? This is one of my favorite songs of all time... If the M31 at least sounds good with this....
Perhaps better then the M11+?

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #5,287 of 16,931

Quote:
As long, as it makes a basshead happy like me, should I jump on this deal? Sorry for too much questions, I'm currently going to upgrade from my SoundMAGIC e10's. Massive upgrade for me.

Thanks again for all the help!

The Coppers are definitely an upgrade but the E10 is a lot more v-shaped in sound, which means it may suit you better signature-wise. Also, keep in mind diminishing returns and if the Coppers don't impress out of the box, put the E10 aside for a couple of days and then go back to them to hear the difference.

Quote:
Wow, the Aurvana 3 and T15 certainly appear to be very competent set of in-ears. The latter piqued my interest ever since I encountered the perfect rating over at trustedreviews. I'll definitely pay the T15 a visit at some point. 
smile.gif

I can't remember if you liked the ER4 when you had it. If you did - the T15 will be right up your alley. If you didn't, you may still like the T15 better due to the slightly greater bass tilt.

Quote:
Nice review of the Aurvana 3s. That's exactly the score I thought you'd give them after listening to them for a while myself.

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #5,288 of 16,931

Quote:

The Coppers are definitely an upgrade but the E10 is a lot more v-shaped in sound, which means it may suit you better signature-wise. Also, keep in mind diminishing returns and if the Coppers don't impress out of the box, put the E10 aside for a couple of days and then go back to them to hear the difference.

Thank you very much!

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #5,289 of 16,931
Quote:
I can't remember if you liked the ER4 when you had it. If you did - the T15 will be right up your alley. If you didn't, you may still like the T15 better due to the slightly greater bass tilt.

Nah, I never liked the ER4. I loved it! Hence why I use the HF2 as my exclusive means on the go. 
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #5,290 of 16,931
I was wondering.. since so many of our beloved companies have offers what iem would be a good partner for my gr07. meelec offers the cc51 for $36 and hisound the crystals for 50$. I am buying them with the possibility to use them for commuting and maybe running and sports. I guess the crystals build quality and comfort suits the situation better?

P.S has anyone tried the hisound small mp3players? the rocoo C and the amp3 m?

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #5,292 of 16,931

Quote:
Performance wise, the Miracle is easily the best I've heard from an in-ear. However, Head-Fi is a very dangerous drug, my friend, and in the words of the great Mitch Hedberg (RIP), "I used to do drugs... and I still do." 
evil_smiley.gif

I get this - started a thread a couple of months back asking if Head-Fiers buy IEMs 'like candy', and wasnt surprised that a significant number admitted to exactly that.

- bang-for-buck is usually better than fullsize cans, and the point-of-diminishing-returns seems to be more attractive (in my case, I think its about the $300 mark), although I still have concerns over durability and longevity with some brands.

- they are so much easier to carry/store

- there is a fashion component, regardless of my personal aversion to hot rod flames on an IEM  :wink:

I admit to being sorely tempted by many of the IEMs in Joker's reviews, but each time I find myself thinking 'Thats IT !', something new and shiny comes along. For all the action at the top end of the fullsize pile ($1000+), they dont release new phones at anything resembling the pace with which IEM manufacturers seem to, nor do we have new players (new to me, at any rate) constantly entering the market. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #5,294 of 16,931

Hey Joker did you change the picture of the ER4? I think you changed the score for sound too up to a 9.1.

Well deserved bump. Now if only the PFE will get a 9.0...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back