Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #4,366 of 16,931
Apropos of nothing, I'm perplexed by the fact that the FA 'Omega V2' I bought in Malaysia, and was *convinced* must be fakes due to the woeful documentation, are proving to be more durable than certain 'genuine' IEMs I have owned in the past. Sure, the bass is boomy, but I dont think this model was ever high enough on the FA ladder for anyone to be bothered faking. For the money I paid, they are currently the single best headphone purchase (in VFM terms) I have made after the KSC-75 : truly frightening when I think of the 500 AUD I paid for the SR325is. Even if they fell apart tomorrow, they will have outlasted my RE0s. 
eek.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #4,369 of 16,931

Quote:

I wouldn't go with Ety if you want warm or thumping, or even the PFE or GR07. The Turbines (you should be able to get a Gold or Copper in that price range) are good all-rounders with stronger bass. Not sure how much isolation you need but the ATH-CKM99 is very much worth looking at as well. The new Atrio MG7 is also a good all-rounder despite the huge bass.  

Checking out the Monster Turbine Pro Gold and Copper on Amazon, its about $279 for the Gold and $318 for the Copper. At that price range I might as well get the IE8, no? Or do the Monster Turbine Pro compare favorably to the IE8?

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4,370 of 16,931

Quote:
Something special for review #200?
etysmile.gif

Probably not. In terms of reviews written, I'm way past 200 so I just have to pick one to post. 

Quote:

Checking out the Monster Turbine Pro Gold and Copper on Amazon, its about $279 for the Gold and $318 for the Copper. At that price range I might as well get the IE8, no? Or do the Monster Turbine Pro compare favorably to the IE8?

If you don't mind the mic unit, you can get a Gold for <$200. The pricier Turbines compare reasonably well to IE8s. At the same price and if isolation doesn't matter I'd rather have an IE8 but that's not the case.

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #4,371 of 16,931

Quote:

I'd take the MTPG over the IE8, but the Westone 2 are a little better than those for a little less money.  

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #4,373 of 16,931

Quote:

I somehow managed to get the Coppers for $189(brand new) awhile back, but they seem to be perennially out of stock ever since.

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #4,375 of 16,931
Joker, what packaging did you receive with the Crystal? It's been changed pretty drastically for actual commercial sales. They also include a decent amount of tips. Here is an image of the Golden Crystals with their tip selection (it is identical to the Crystals)

3 pairs of "hybrids", 3 sets of triple flange eartips and 3 sets of different shaped single flanges (circular and stubby?). They come with all the Crystals, and the casing is different as well. However I don't have a photo of that. 

The second triple flanges to the right are absolutely gigantic. The second flange on them doesn't even fit in my ear they are so big. I guess someone will use, though!

Amazing reviews. Haven't given enough time to listen to the Tandem's, but now I really want to as I thoroughly enjoy long listening sessions and some IEMs can get fatiguing. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #4,376 of 16,931

Quote:

ahh, then I guess for me its between the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, the Sennheiser IE8 and the Westone 2...at below $200 the Westone 2 is significantly cheaper than the others though.

You wanted warm and thumping... the Westone 2 isn't much of either of those things.

Quote:
Joker, what packaging did you receive with the Crystal? It's been changed pretty drastically for actual commercial sales. They also include a decent amount of tips. Here is an image of the Golden Crystals with their tip selection (it is identical to the Crystals)

I got three sets of single-flange tips. For obvious reasons I can only comment on/review what I have on-hand or is listed on the manufacturer's page (which the Crystal doesn't have). I sent a link to my review to HiSound and asked them to verify the facts since info is scarce and they did not say anything about the eartips.

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #4,377 of 16,931
On my way to repairing my HJE-900s, which I like...just ordered the VSonic GR07 a couple days ago...now I see the Brainwavz B2 price drop to $130. From what I hear, the B2 is, functionally, just about identical to the Fischer Audio DBA-02, which I was also extremely curious about [yet was unable to find in stock...anywhere]. Wondering if the B2s are worth it at USD 130. Opinions?

Man, I really need to take a hiatus from this website again. Every time I come back, I wind up spending money.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #4,378 of 16,931
ljokerl,

I am a novice here in the Head-fi, and reading your multi-iem review, i perceived that TF10 is it cited some times. Is there any special reason to you haven't published a review about the TF10 in your multi-iem review?

Thank you very much!

P.S.: Forgive me by the my bad english: still i am novice in beautiful and expressive shakespeare's language.

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #4,380 of 16,931

Quote:
On my way to repairing my HJE-900s, which I like...just ordered the VSonic GR07 a couple days ago...now I see the Brainwavz B2 price drop to $130. From what I hear, the B2 is, functionally, just about identical to the Fischer Audio DBA-02, which I was also extremely curious about [yet was unable to find in stock...anywhere]. Wondering if the B2s are worth it at USD 130. Opinions?

Worth it? Sure. Necessary if you have the GR07 already? Maybe not. I'd try the GR07 and see if you're left wanting something even more analytical.

Quote:
ljokerl,

I am a novice here in the Head-fi, and reading your multi-iem review, i perceived that TF10 is it cited some times. Is there any special reason to you haven't published a review about the TF10 in your multi-iem review?Thank you very much!P.S.: Forgive me by the my bad english: still i am novice in beautiful and expressive shakespeare's language.

The TF10 is on my to-do list - see the bottom of post #8 in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back