Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #4,021 of 16,931
hello everyone
thanks god i found this forum its kick ass! btw

so, can anyone plshelp me decide which is best between these two iem

im liking the MEE m6 for all the reviews in the net so but i want to know how it will compare with the new beta brainwavz version2

that's all.,.thanks guys!

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #4,022 of 16,931
hey guys ... i currently own a sound magic pl30 and they sound really great ( atleast for me ).. the only problem i have with the pl30s are that their bass is very low :frowning2: .... pl11 is known for good bass... so can anyone tell me how are the pl11 ( am planning 2 get one in a day or two )
high,mids,trebel,bass ? and build quality :)
thank you :)

The PL line has been updated in the new E line. Sounds like the E10 is what you should consider. Joker gives them a very favorable rating in this thread.

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #4,023 of 16,931

Quote:
hey guys ... i currently own a sound magic pl30 and they sound really great ( atleast for me ).. the only problem i have with the pl30s are that their bass is very low :frowning2: .... pl11 is known for good bass... so can anyone tell me how are the pl11 ( am planning 2 get one in a day or two )
high,mids,trebel,bass ? and build quality :)
thank you :)

I haven't heard the PL11 but I agree that if you can afford it, I'd go for the newer E10 or E30. The E30 really is a fantastic upgrade to the PL30 with the soundstage, airy feel, and good ergonomics that the PL30 was popular for plus noticeably more bass and an overall more refined sound. The E10 is pretty similar but uses a more conventional form factor and has a more bass-heavy sound signature. 

Quote:
hello everyone
thanks god i found this forum its kick ass! btw

so, can anyone plshelp me decide which is best between these two iem

im liking the MEE m6 for all the reviews in the net so but i want to know how it will compare with the new beta brainwavz version2

that's all.,.thanks guys!

Not sure anyone has heard the new Brainwavz yet. The form factors are totally different - brainwavz seems to be a half-in-ear design with a large driver which is a contrast to the sports-oriented M6. If you want it to stay put I'd go for the M6. Otherwise I'd check out the M21 or other options or wait for the Brainwavz reviews to roll in (assuming they sent some samples out).

Quote:
The PL line has been updated in the new E line. Sounds like the E10 is what you should consider. Joker gives them a very favorable rating in this thread.

I honestly can't recommend the E10 enough. It's so much more fun and enjoyable than the technical performance (and subsequent score) indicates - solid bass + large and airy soundstage is just a superb combination in a budget in-ear.

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #4,024 of 16,931
Joker, Thank you for being such a great resource!  

I just bought a pair of UM3X, and I am thinking about returning them.  For me the bass seems to be over boosted, they are great with Jazz and Classical, but with rock, they become unlistenable. For me there is too much bass and it seems to get in the way of the music.  I have tried all of the ear tips, some are better than others, but still too much bass for me.

Interested in suggestions, return them?  What other IEM should I try in the $300 range?

Thanks!

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #4,025 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker, Thank you for being such a great resource!  

I just bought a pair of UM3X, and I am thinking about returning them.  For me the bass seems to be over boosted, they are great with Jazz and Classical, but with rock, they become unlistenable. For me there is too much bass and it seems to get in the way of the music.  I have tried all of the ear tips, some are better than others, but still too much bass for me.

Interested in suggestions, return them?  What other IEM should I try in the $300 range?

Thanks!

How about giving them a week first to make sure you really know what the phone is capable of.  I see you are using a D4.  That probably has >10ohms output z like most iBassos which could be making your bass boomy and do other wierd things.  Or it could just be too boomy for you.  Just listen more to make sure.  People give up on IEMs too fast quite often before they get a chance.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #4,026 of 16,931
Quote:
How about giving them a week first to make sure you really know what the phone is capable of.  I see you are using a D4.  That probably has >10ohms output z like most iBassos which could be making your bass boomy and do other wierd things.  Or it could just be too boomy for you.  Just listen more to make sure.  People give up on IEMs too fast quite often before they get a chance.

Thanks Anaxilus,
  I had a pair of RE262, which I loved, liked their sound signature more than the UM3X (but one earbud went dead).  The UM3X has a larger sound stage and larger dynamic range than the RE262, it's just the boom, boom.  Tried direct out of my Powerbook and it seems worse for me.  Will give it a little more time.  

Any other suggestions for an IEM, large soundstage, great midrange, less than $300?  I tend to like the Sennieser sound signature.

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #4,027 of 16,931

Quote:
Any other suggestions for an IEM, large soundstage, great midrange, less than $300?  I tend to like the Sennieser sound signature.

Personally, I'd look at the RE272, Sony EX600 (if you can deal with form factor), and maybe one of the moving armature ones - Ortofon e-Q5 or one of the FAD sets (which I haven't tried/reviewed). The GR07 may belong on that list as well but it really doesn't shine in the mids. These are all on the neutral-to-bright side but have accurate bass, detailed mids, and good soundstage size. For a warmer earphone with those qualities that's more laid-back at the top the RE262 is still the top choice out of what I've heard. Side note: unfortunately the Sennheiser IE7 really won't do it for you if you're used to the tone and overall refinement of the RE262 and the IE8 will have too much bass. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #4,029 of 16,931
Quote:

Personally, I'd look at the RE272, Sony EX600 (if you can deal with form factor), and maybe one of the moving armature ones - Ortofon e-Q5 or one of the FAD sets (which I haven't tried/reviewed). The GR07 may belong on that list as well but it really doesn't shine in the mids. These are all on the neutral-to-bright side but have accurate bass, detailed mids, and good soundstage size. For a warmer earphone with those qualities that's more laid-back at the top the RE262 is still the top choice out of what I've heard. Side note: unfortunately the Sennheiser IE7 really won't do it for you if you're used to the tone and overall refinement of the RE262 and the IE8 will have too much bass. 

As fortunate as I am to owned all the above shown in bold, they too would be my exact recommendations, and as out friend Anaxilus mentioned, I too second the EX1000, especially if the EX600 is to be considered. I'd also personally recommend the RE252, which while on the neutral side, isn't devoid of a great midrange IMHO.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #4,030 of 16,931
I've recently bought Sunrise SW-Xcape IE from gd-audiobase.com but received only empty packaging and accessories of the headphones. Since postal cardboard box was undamaged and it took me effort to open it, I've contacted gd-audiobase for the clarification. They indeed responded to me and sent me the headphones again (it took a second email from and one business week for them to respond).

I must give them the credit for sending me the headphones but if you intend to buy from gd-audiobase it may be a good idea to check package contents before accepting.

BTW in spring I got FA DBA-02 from them no problem.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #4,032 of 16,931
Quote:

Joker, Thank you!

Can you tell me about the difference in SQ between the RE272 and RE262 ?  I enjoyed the RE262, but the multiple cables were a bit janky for me.  Does the RE272, have the same "laid back" spacious qualities as the RE262?  or is the RE262 the top dog?  Thank you!  

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #4,033 of 16,931

Quote:
I must give them the credit for sending me the headphones but if you intend to buy from gd-audiobase it may be a good idea to check package contents before accepting.

Not always possible unless you get all international packages hand-delivered. Good tip otherwise.

Quote:
got the m11+
is it just me or they need much higher volume than the pl50. just like the RE0 ?

btw. in the cable (chin) slider, says m11-bk . no m11+ ?

MEElec earphones generally don't have very high sensitivity. Shouldn't be a problem unless you plan on damaging your hearing. I don't think they changed the M11 one bit cosmetically when the M11+ rolled out so it makes sense that the slider still reads 'M11'.

Quote:
Quote:

Joker, Thank you!

Can you tell me about the difference in SQ between the RE272 and RE262 ?  I enjoyed the RE262, but the multiple cables were a bit janky for me.  Does the RE272, have the same "laid back" spacious qualities as the RE262?  or is the RE262 the top dog?  Thank you!  

I haven't had the 272 very long but it definitely preserves the space of the RE262. It is brighter, however, which prevents it from sounding as laid-back as the 262 from a signature standpoint. It still has that refined, softened note presentation of the RE272 that avoids the analytical edge. Cable is modular but not really an issue for me. The RE262 I had was fixed-cord with a TRS plug but the channel swap cable on the 272 makes the entire system worth it for me.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #4,034 of 16,931
Quote:
I haven't had the 272 very long but it definitely preserves the space of the RE262. It is brighter, however, which prevents it from sounding as laid-back as the 262 from a signature standpoint. It still has that refined, softened note presentation of the RE272 that avoids the analytical edge. Cable is modular but not really an issue for me. The RE262 I had was fixed-cord with a TRS plug but the channel swap cable on the 272 makes the entire system worth it for me.

Joker,
  Thank you!  I think I will stick with the RE262, I love how laid-back they sound.  I couldn't decide between getting the RE262 and the EX600, so I ordered both!  

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #4,035 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker,
  Thank you!  I think I will stick with the RE262, I love how laid-back they sound.  I couldn't decide between getting the RE262 and the EX600, so I ordered both!  

beerchug.gif
 when in doubt...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back