Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #2,582 of 16,931
many reviews, but no comparisons done, no way to know which one i should choose >.<

Quote:
Though I haven't heard it myself, the phonak pfe perfect bass may be another option. Ask clieos about it, as he has tried the pl50, a151, and the pfe perfect bass.

I think joker will get them out eventually, but there's no rush. There has been alot written about both the TF10 and IE7 on headfi. Several years worth of posts, impressions and reviews. I think joker will get to them after he gets done with his backlog - though oddly enough it seems to be growing rather than getting smaller
ph34r.gif
. But personally, I'd much rather get info of lesser known or available earphones than ones that have been so exhaustively covered.

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #2,583 of 16,931

Quote:
really thanks
double checked those ones. how is their bass as for a armature?
and they look even bigger  than the a151 , i'm i right?

The W1 is actually pretty compact. Probably about the same as A151 in terms of volume but a little skinnier and definitely easier to sleep/lie down in. The bass is good - maybe a tad less impactful than A151 but still punchier than PL50. IMO they shine with female vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think joker will get to them after he gets done with his backlog - though oddly enough it seems to be growing rather than getting smaller
ph34r.gif
. But personally, I'd much rather get info of lesser known or available earphones than ones that have been so exhaustively covered.

Yes, the backlog does seem to be growing faster than I'm getting through it. I've already cut down on the number of sets purchased myself and haven't requested a manufacturer sample in a month or so. Perhaps it will start shrinking soon though I don't have as much spare time as before.

UE and Senn IEMs are among the most requested but unfortunately they are my own and have to take a back seat to manufacturer review samples and loaner sets. If I can get through the VSonic GR07, e-Q5, Kozee X1, and the entire Beyer line without getting more urgent gear in, I'll step on the UEs and then the Senns.

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #2,584 of 16,931

Quote:

The W1 is actually pretty compact. Probably about the same as A151 in terms of volume but a little skinnier and definitely easier to sleep/lie down in. The bass is good - maybe a tad less impactful than A151 but still punchier than PL50. IMO they shine with female vocals.

which ones? the W1 or a151? a listen to j-pop so good female vocals are needed

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #2,587 of 16,931
^This question is answered in their review on the 1st page

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #2,590 of 16,931
Apr 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #2,591 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

I have another review request from xears.  They are the xears nature N3.  I have the playaz nature n3 and rank them highly and am wondering if they are based on the same.  Any chance you can get Thomas to send you a sample pair to review?

http://xears.com/en/Nature_N3i_Highend_Iphone_Headset_Mp3_use_69.html

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #2,592 of 16,931

[size=medium]
Hi. I've been reading your post and its been very helpful but i needed a little more help.

I've read your 1st post;rather I've read the part of it that i can gain access to (strictly sub $50) and its helped me narrow it down to this bunch

-Brainwavz M1
-ViSang RO2(Brainwavz proAlpha)
-Sennheiser CX 300II....read elsewhere that these are good

I haven' tested any of these and i won't be able to either in my city so I was hoping you'd bear with me and give me a decisive opinion on which ones i should buy.
I like all sorts of music but i value detail and clarity for rock more than heavy thumping bass (that's why I put the M1 on top) but I also need the pair i buy to do reasonably well with trance, pop etc. Also I noticed that you rated the ViSang higher for build quality (and now even accessories; brainwavz don't come with all those ear-tips anymore).

Thats whats playing in my head. Could you straighten it out?
[/size]

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #2,593 of 16,931

Quote:
Hi Joker,

I have another review request from xears.  They are the xears nature N3.  I have the playaz nature n3 and rank them highly and am wondering if they are based on the same.  Any chance you can get Thomas to send you a sample pair to review?

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out.

Quote:

[size=medium]
Hi. I've been reading your post and its been very helpful but i needed a little more help.

I've read your 1st post;rather I've read the part of it that i can gain access to (strictly sub $50) and its helped me narrow it down to this bunch

-Brainwavz M1
-ViSang RO2(Brainwavz proAlpha)
-Sennheiser CX 300II....read elsewhere that these are good

I haven' tested any of these and i won't be able to either in my city so I was hoping you'd bear with me and give me a decisive opinion on which ones i should buy.
I like all sorts of music but i value detail and clarity for rock more than heavy thumping bass (that's why I put the M1 on top) but I also need the pair i buy to do reasonably well with trance, pop etc. Also I noticed that you rated the ViSang higher for build quality (and now even accessories; brainwavz don't come with all those ear-tips anymore).

Thats whats playing in my head. Could you straighten it out?
[/size]

That seems like a good list except for the Sennheisers, which I've not heard. However, unless the CX300-II is radically better than the CX300, I wouldn't expect much from them. As for the other two, I think you've pretty much got the gist of it. The R02 is a little bassier with slightly more muffled treble while the M1 is more even across the spectrum without losing that midrange emphasis all of the Brainwavz/ViSang earphones have. I like the M1 better myself. The R02 has a better build quality score because it has articulated strain reliefs. Depending on how rough you are with your cable, that may or may not make a difference in the long run. As for accessories, double check with the listing should you choose to purchase them - I really wouldn't know if ViSang decided to switch up the accessories since I don't keep in contact with them. 

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #2,594 of 16,931
Joker, reading the reviews of Tier 2B, your review of Denon CK10 attract my attention. They share a similiar signature to ECCI PR401, right?

Like i said, i have $150 to spend but... your rating of ECCI PR401 (7.9) is better than of Denon C710 (7.6). Do you think that ECCI PR401 is better? Because Denon C710 is $150 and ECCI PR401 is $75.

I found the HJE900 on Seyo Shop for $188, but i guess that they don't worth in this price.

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #2,595 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker, reading the reviews of Tier 2B, your review of Denon CK10 attract my attention. They share a similiar signature to ECCI PR401, right?

Like i said, i have $150 to spend but... your rating of ECCI PR401 (7.9) is better than of Denon C710 (7.6). Do you think that ECCI PR401 is better? Because Denon C710 is $150 and ECCI PR401 is $75.

While there generally is a correlation between price and performance, the PR401 is just one of many examples of in-ears that perform on-par with pricier sets. Yes, the HJE900, C710, and PR401 are all somewhat v-shaped in response, but at the current prices the ECCIs are just better value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back