Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 9, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #16,757 of 16,931
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #16,759 of 16,931
Hi, ladies and gentleman. I'm extremely new to the IEM game. I'm in need of advice.

I have the SE215 on ordered, and considering getting the stuff below. SE215 will be my first "good" in ear headphone.

Etymotic Research MC5
Logitech UE 900s
SoundMAGIC E10
Etymotic Research HF5
VSONIC GR07 and bass edition
thinksound rain
1MORE Triple Driver

What do you all think will be a good complement to the SE215?

Thanks Guys

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #16,760 of 16,931
Hi, ladies and gentleman. I'm extremely new to the IEM game. I'm in need of advice.

I have the SE215 on ordered, and considering getting the stuff below. SE215 will be my first "good" in ear headphone.

Etymotic Research MC5
Logitech UE 900s
SoundMAGIC E10
Etymotic Research HF5
thinksound rain
1MORE Triple Driver

Thanks Guys

You can scratch the MC5 off the list since the HF5 is much better (IMHO). You might also consider the Ety HF3. It's the same as the HF5 with an in-line microphone for your phone.

Cheers... Brian

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #16,761 of 16,931

Etymotic Research MC5
Logitech UE 900s
SoundMAGIC E10
Etymotic Research HF5
thinksound rain
1MORE Triple Driver

Thanks Guys

Drop nothing from the list. And yes, HF-5/3 will be a nice compliment.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #16,762 of 16,931
So, you recommend them all? In terms of sound quality how would you rank them.

Thanks again

Etymotic Research MC5

Logitech UE 900s

SoundMAGIC E10

Etymotic Research HF5

thinksound rain

1MORE Triple Driver

Thanks Guys

Drop nothing from the list. And yes, HF-5/3 will be a nice compliment.

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #16,763 of 16,931
So, you recommend them all? In terms of sound quality how would you rank them.

Thanks again

Top to low, better one first:-

1. UE900 ( get the Q-jays)
 2. GR07 bass edition ( nope cant be replaced)
 3. ETY HF5/3 ( neither can this be, but hisound HA2 is good)
 4. one more triple ( kind of lost in the mix, doesnt have anything special that one of these earphones cant do)
 5. ETY MC 5
 6. thinksound rain
 7. E10 ( drop this one probably and get the E50, or for pure bass Hisound WooDuo)

There is one you can add though, the mighty RE-400.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #16,764 of 16,931

GR07 regular gets my vote. Good balance, bass layering and awesome detail for its price. Bass edition is more mainstream but regular is the better all-rounder. Sometimes the greatness of a monitor is measured by how much you miss it after it's gone. The GR07 has that effect on me.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #16,766 of 16,931
can anyone compare fiio ex1 and hifiman re400 please?

EX1 and Dunu Titan 1 are same except for the cable and their respective logo embossed on the back....so,may be the following link might give you some insight.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12537

Btw, the re400 cable is not that good in comparison and short-live albeit good babying,imo......And mind you, both are titan-ium coated diaphragm and the EX1's are larger and semi open against vented,very small shells of re400s.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #16,767 of 16,931
Hello, I was hoping to get some recommendations for some new universal IEMs. I'm looking for something with a slight boost in the bass area and a boost in the treble area. I guess this sounds like a typical v-shaped sound signature except, except I would also like a boost in the lower highs so that vocals sound very clear and detailed. I made a graph to better describe the sound:

Does anybody know of any universal IEMs with a sound similar to this? I would prefer something that takes Shure / Westone tips. Thanks in advance.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #16,768 of 16,931
Hello, I was hoping to get some recommendations for some new universal IEMs. I'm looking for something with a slight boost in the bass area and a boost in the treble area. I guess this sounds like a typical v-shaped sound signature except, except I would also like a boost in the lower highs so that vocals sound very clear and detailed. I made a graph to better describe the sound:

Does anybody know of any universal IEMs with a sound similar to this? I would prefer something that takes Shure / Westone tips. Thanks in advance.

IDK if that is "v-shaped" necessarily, particularly if your focus is vocals... Graphs are so variable, differing equipment and compenastion curves etc... for instance I I think I have seen graphs of more " neutral " oriented Q-Jays or ER4XR ( https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4hg6c4/etymotic_er4xr_frequency_response/ ) that look kind of like that, or treble leaning EX1000 ( http://i.imgur.com/58vfR.jpg ) or v-shaped JVC ( http://en.goldenears.net/51365 ) or " u-shaped " like Dunu 2000J ( https://cymbacavum.com/2015/06/13/gojira-or-how-the-dunu-dn-2000j-changed-my-mind-about-hybrid-iems/3/ )

I have the Q-Jays, suspect they may not have enough bass per your preference, but vocals sound clear plus still have some body, and they fit Shure foams (personally find foams necessary w/ them thanks to that 6-7k peak and my shallow fit ears causing some sibilance issues, though I find the included foams a little more effective at this).

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #16,769 of 16,931
From my research, I found the UE900 has really bad build quality. So, It's off the list. Can anyone here confirm that or care to common.

Here is what I like to add to my collection in the future. I've not have the change to listen to any of them. What are you guys opinions on those below.

I like all kinds of music, from classical to rap, metal.

Klipsch Image X10
MEE audio Pinnacle P1
RHA MA750i
VSONIC GR07 Bass Edition
Etymotic Research ER4S

Thanks in advance for all the inputs.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #16,770 of 16,931
From my research, I found the UE900 has really bad build quality. So, It's off the list. Can anyone here confirm that or care to common.

Here is what I like to add to my collection in the future. I've not have the change to listen to any of them. What are you guys opinions on those below.

I like all kinds of music, from classical to rap, metal.

Klipsch Image X10
MEE audio Pinnacle P1
RHA MA750i
VSONIC GR07 Bass Edition
Etymotic Research ER4S

Thanks in advance for all the inputs.

I'm no expert, but I've heard good things about numbers 2 to 4. I noticed that you've asked this exact same question before, either here or in another thread. What's best for YOU may not be the best for someone else. So there comes a time in this hobby that you just have to take a leap of faith and pull the trigger on a product that looks promising. Just try it, if you don't like it then perhaps it can be sold off or returned. Of course, do due diligence and do some prior research. I believe there's a lot of reviews written already for numbers 2-4, and perhaps 1 as well.

I do own a Pinnacle P1, and for me currently it's the best IEM I have, I like it greatly. Some people haven't gotten along well with it, however...so as with almost anything else in this hobby, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back