Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #16,742 of 16,931
I could be mistaken, but are the Tennmak Pros exact copies of Shure SE215?

That is what some have said. I have not heard the SE215's, though.

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #16,745 of 16,931

Ok. They do look really similar though, except for maybe the cable connectors. 

Would appreciate if someone could chime in regarding how the Tennmark Pro sound...is it similar to SE215?

I have tried a friend's Shure 215s. The Tennmak (although priced around 21-25$, depending on where you get them from), offer a sound stage which is quite different.
He had to burn in the Shure's for quite some time, but the TM Pros sounded great right out of the box.

Also, AFAIK, the Shure's are single micro driver but the Tennmak are dual drivers (hence more and cleaner bass).

For me they are as good (or even better) in SQ and build quality.

You can find some reviews on the Tennmak here on head-fi as well.

Thanks,
CK

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #16,746 of 16,931
  I have tried a friend's Shure 215s. The Tennmak (although priced around 21-25$, depending on where you get them from), offer a sound stage which is quite different.
He had to burn in the Shure's for quite some time, but the TM Pros sounded great right out of the box.

Also, AFAIK, the Shure's are single micro driver but the Tennmak are dual drivers (hence more and cleaner bass).

For me they are as good (or even better) in SQ and build quality.

You can find some reviews on the Tennmak here on head-fi as well.

Thanks,
CK

Thanks for the input @Ckhurana . Interesting, will have to give the Tennmak Pro a try then. Where's the best place to get them..AliExpress?

The SE215's bass is already enough for me, quite 'bloomy' & overwhelming sometimes. So if the dual drivers on the Tennmak Pro is able to give cleaner & more well controlled bass, then that's excellent.

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #16,748 of 16,931
Thanks for the input @Ckhurana
 . Interesting, will have to give the Tennmak Pro a try then. Where's the best place to get them..AliExpress?

The SE215's bass is already enough for me, quite 'bloomy' & overwhelming sometimes. So if the dual drivers on the Tennmak Pro is able to give cleaner & more well controlled bass, then that's excellent.

My guess is that the bass on the Tennmak will be of better quality and the subbass on the SE215 doesn't reach very low (albeit mid bass is too much for me to on them) so the Tennmak will probably have deeper bass as well.

Anyway my Pros should be here in about a week so I'd guess we'll know for sure then :wink:

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #16,749 of 16,931
My guess is that the bass on the Tennmak will be of better quality and the subbass on the SE215 doesn't reach very low (albeit mid bass is too much for me to on them) so the Tennmak will probably have deeper bass as well.

Anyway my Pros should be here in about a week so I'd guess we'll know for sure then
wink.gif

Great! Would appreciate if you could let us know your initial impression of the Tennmak Pro once yours arrive. I'm most interested in the shape & size of the earpiece housing. If they're 100% identical to the SE215 then my ears won't be too happy with them, but if they sound way better than the SE215 then maybe I'll take a risk on 'em.

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #16,750 of 16,931
Great! Would appreciate if you could let us know your initial impression of the Tennmak Pro once yours arrive. I'm most interested in the shape & size of the earpiece housing. If they're 100% identical to the SE215 then my ears won't be too happy with them, but if they sound way better than the SE215 then maybe I'll take a risk on 'em.

I sure will. The SE215 is not my cup of tea either and I've heard plenty of sub $50 Asia IEM's that outperform them for my preferences so I believe that the Tennmak could be able to do so as well.

Not much to complain about on the build quality and ergonomics on the SE215 though.

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #16,751 of 16,931

Thanks for the input @Ckhurana . Interesting, will have to give the Tennmak Pro a try then. Where's the best place to get them..AliExpress?

I kind of like my SE215's with a couple of my sources but what fixed the bass for me was silver plated copper
wink_face.gif
Probably will pick up the Tennmak Pro but waiting to hear Peter's impressions 1st
bigsmile_face.gif
(Not to mention I need another iem like and Eskimo needs a bag of ice)
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #16,752 of 16,931

I kind of like my SE215's with a couple of my sources but what fixed the bass for me was silver plated copper
wink_face.gif
Probably will pick up the Tennmak Pro but waiting to hear Peter's impressions 1st
bigsmile_face.gif
(Not to mention I need another iem like and Eskimo needs a bag of ice)
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

May I know where you got the silver cable upgrade for the SE215?

Likewise on the Tennmak Pro, eagerly waiting Peter's review on it.

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #16,754 of 16,931
Does that mean sonically? Because the tennmak is a dual dynamic

Sorry, I can't help you. I have never heard the SE215's. I do really like the Tennmak Pro sound. Just an overall pleasant sound with enough bass/mid/treble to satisfy me. Very good soundstage, too.

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #16,755 of 16,931
Hi,

I have read a lot of review but can't decide which is the more neutral (not v shaped please) IEM under 400 dollars ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back