Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #3,736 of 4,841
  I know how does it look like but I was thinking it for home use and for the places that I don't need isolation. For isolation I have SE5way and Music One (one for main listening sessions and one for the gym). Maybe EarPower can fit the last spot in my inventory then I can call quit
biggrin.gif

Yes, it is quite different than most other CIEM sound signatures, which can be very good.  I am not sure if my particular set has an issue, as there is too much mid-bass at low-moderate volume and above, but I can listen at very quite levels at night and they do sound good.  For a while I was in discussion with them about fixing the issue, but it was never resolved, plus shipping to Italy is a huge pain.  If I had time, I wouldn't mind giving them a 2nd go.

Thanks Joe
wink.gif
excellent review indeed

Thanks, Average_Joe, I enjoyed your Rhines Stage 3 review; as per usual extremely detailed with excellent comparisons (apples to apples).

Thanks for reading!

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #3,737 of 4,841
Great review as usual joe! :wink: What happened to the CIEM filtering page? Did you offend anyone with those scores? 
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,738 of 4,841
  Great review as usual joe! :wink: What happened to the CIEM filtering page? Did you offend anyone with those scores? 
tongue.gif

Thanks!  This page?  It looks OK to me; please send a PM if it doesn't look OK for you.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3,739 of 4,841
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #3,742 of 4,841
Not fixed

Have you planed to upgrade your EM4 in EM6 or in EM32 ? Or just to buy EM32 ?

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #3,743 of 4,841
Not fixed

Have you planed to upgrade your EM4 in EM6 or in EM32 ? Or just to buy EM32 ?

I believe tupac was referring to the link in the first post, which now works for me.  The link in the post I replied to won't reflect the changes unless I manually change that one also.  If the link in the first post still isn't working (or if there is an issue with another link location), please let me know.

Unfortunately I don't have the time for a review of the EM32 as of now, otherwise I would figure out a way to get it.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #3,744 of 4,841
I just got my first pair of CIEMs!
It's from a new CIEM company based here locally in Singapore: http://www.acousticwerkes.com/
As their pricing was cheap (349 SGD / ~280 USD), I decided to have a go at CIEMs.

I'm mainly a headphone person. Not really a IEM person as I usually have some fit issues and don't find them comfortable.
At first, I was a little sceptical on the sound quality of CIEMs. But after receiving and listening to my pair, I'm fully convinced on the sound quality of CIEMs versus Universals and the different presentation when compared with headphones.

Now I've become just a happy user of a CIEM and I don't think my journey will stop here.
Would really like to thank average_joe for all the resources! :)

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #3,745 of 4,841
  I just got my first pair of CIEMs!
It's from a new CIEM company based here locally in Singapore: http://www.acousticwerkes.com/
As their pricing was cheap (349 SGD / ~280 USD), I decided to have a go at CIEMs.

I'm mainly a headphone person. Not really a IEM person as I usually have some fit issues and don't find them comfortable.
At first, I was a little sceptical on the sound quality of CIEMs. But after receiving and listening to my pair, I'm fully convinced on the sound quality of CIEMs versus Universals and the different presentation when compared with headphones.

Now I've become just a happy user of a CIEM and I don't think my journey will stop here.
Would really like to thank average_joe for all the resources! :)

Congratulations!  CIEMs can be great, and it the new Advanced AcosticWerkes CIEMs seem like they could be very good for the price.  I will have the opportunity to try their lineup in the near future.

More info here and a new thread for discussion here if you want to compare or provide any more info.

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #3,746 of 4,841
Hi all CIEM connoisseurs!

I've read a lot about how the Tralucent 1plus2 and ref 1 have huge 3D, out of head sound stage, great detail, instrument placement and clarity.

What other CIEMs and TOTL universals share these characteristics, particularly the sound stage?

Thanks.

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #3,747 of 4,841
Hi all CIEM connoisseurs!

I've read a lot about how the Tralucent 1plus2 and ref 1 have huge 3D, out of head sound stage, great detail, instrument placement and clarity.

What other CIEMs and TOTL universals share these characteristics, particularly the sound stage?

Thanks.

UM Miracle and M-Fidelity SA-43 might be worth a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back