Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,721 of 4,841
I have a question friends.

You probably know the good old legendary Senn PX100-II. I happened to get one recently, I am using it when I am outside with my dog, you know in parks and forests and all. I needed something lightweight, portable and open back so I can hear my surrounding which is important when I let my lovely puppy run off leash.

The question is, what would be the high ciem equivalent of these cans? It has a little bass emphasis though it is more focused on the mid bass not sub bass. Treble is soft, not really ear raping style. For more info, you can check Joker's review, he covered pretty much everything about them.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/sennheiser-px100-ii/

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #3,722 of 4,841
Hi Joe !

I was reading your article concerning CIEM that have the AcuPass 1723 transducer because I'm looking for a very simple CIEM that is not expensive but coherent sounding and musical. The IE-P250 from In Earz seems to be excellent and I'm very impatient to read your review :wink:

My question is that I'm owning the Music One and the EM32 (I had EM4 and EM6 and plenty of other IEM, some of high end) and I observe that sometimes I want something more analytical and little bright (but not as bright as the ER4p that I owned), are the IE-P250 a good challenger to complete my collection ? From what I read it could be what I'm looking for, but you don't rate them (I know, subjective rating) and you don't hear the Music Two that is also equiped with the 1723.

Thank you for your answer :)

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #3,723 of 4,841
  I have a question friends.

You probably know the good old legendary Senn PX100-II. I happened to get one recently, I am using it when I am outside with my dog, you know in parks and forests and all. I needed something lightweight, portable and open back so I can hear my surrounding which is important when I let my lovely puppy run off leash.

The question is, what would be the high ciem equivalent of these cans? It has a little bass emphasis though it is more focused on the mid bass not sub bass. Treble is soft, not really ear raping style. For more info, you can check Joker's review, he covered pretty much everything about them.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/sennheiser-px100-ii/

Since no one else has answered, I would almost say the Aurisonics AS-1b, but I am not sure the AS-1b has the clarity since I haven't A/Bed them.  The Proguard P2+1 or Fit Ear PS-5 could fit the bill, and the Perfect Seal Sportbud Silver has some similar characteristics.  I suppose the EarPower EP-10 Plus also has some similar characteristics.  None are exactly the same, though, as headphones and CIEMs just present differently and the open headphone has some frequency response limitations a CIEM doesn't.  

Hi Joe !

I was reading your article concerning CIEM that have the AcuPass 1723 transducer because I'm looking for a very simple CIEM that is not expensive but coherent sounding and musical. The IE-P250 from In Earz seems to be excellent and I'm very impatient to read your review :wink:

My question is that I'm owning the Music One and the EM32 (I had EM4 and EM6 and plenty of other IEM, some of high end) and I observe that sometimes I want something more analytical and little bright (but not as bright as the ER4p that I owned), are the IE-P250 a good challenger to complete my collection ? From what I read it could be what I'm looking for, but you don't rate them (I know, subjective rating) and you don't hear the Music Two that is also equiped with the 1723.

Thank you for your answer :)

I hear a big discrepancy between top-tier (EM4, EM6, etc) and the Accupass products as well as the Music One.  Do you hear the difference?  Also, how would you compare the treble of the EM4, EM6, and Music One with the ER4P?  If I get a better understanding of your perceptions, I should be able to answer more accurately.

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #3,724 of 4,841
Sure there is a huge discrepancy, but not too much in terms of sound philosophy of Custom Art and EarSonics that are near in terms of naturalness (but not in terms of sound signature, mids and high mids are more prominent on the Music One than on the EM32, perhaps nearer from the EM6 than the other EMx).

The treble of the ER4p are sharp but not too harsh (comparatively to some trebles of the Heir 4ai or Westone 4), those of the EM4 are precise but seem to be rolled off sometimes, those of  the EM6 have more power but extend less and those of the Music One lack of extension but are sufficient natural to appear liquid. In direct comparison the ER4p's treble sound metallic but more detailed and accurate.

No doubt that I've to do concessions and it may be more interesting to me to save more money because of the habits of top-tier CIEM...

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #3,725 of 4,841

Since no one else has answered, I would almost say the Aurisonics AS-1b, but I am not sure the AS-1b has the clarity since I haven't A/Bed them.  The Proguard P2+1 or Fit Ear PS-5 could fit the bill, and the Perfect Seal Sportbud Silver has some similar characteristics.  I suppose the EarPower EP-10 Plus also has some similar characteristics.  None are exactly the same, though, as headphones and CIEMs just present differently and the open headphone has some frequency response limitations a CIEM doesn't.  

Thank you for the answer Joe. I think the sound is a little enhanced on the bass region, mostly mid bass. Then laid back mids and treble. Treble is kinda darkish.

I know we can't get exactly the same sound type but if they are in the same ball park it is fine for me too.

Any idea whether that Italian EarPower is still alive and kicking? Last I checked, their website was still available only in their language.

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #3,727 of 4,841
The techno is good :wink: I just know the Music Two with that kind of dual transducer. The Music One is a mono transducer.

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,728 of 4,841
First, the Rhines Custom Monitors Stage 3 review has been posted.

Quote:
  Sure there is a huge discrepancy, but not too much in terms of sound philosophy of Custom Art and EarSonics that are near in terms of naturalness (but not in terms of sound signature, mids and high mids are more prominent on the Music One than on the EM32, perhaps nearer from the EM6 than the other EMx).

The treble of the ER4p are sharp but not too harsh (comparatively to some trebles of the Heir 4ai or Westone 4), those of the EM4 are precise but seem to be rolled off sometimes, those of  the EM6 have more power but extend less and those of the Music One lack of extension but are sufficient natural to appear liquid. In direct comparison the ER4p's treble sound metallic but more detailed and accurate.

No doubt that I've to do concessions and it may be more interesting to me to save more money because of the habits of top-tier CIEM...

Thanks for the additional information.  While I haven't heard the Music Two, that may be what you are looking for.  The P250 is a bit more analytical while the Sportbud Silver is warmer, but still different than EarSonics and Custom Art.  Rooth is more musical and has a liquid characteristic while retaining high levels of detail and articulation, and the LS6 is quite neutral, but it is probably too bright.  On the cheap, the Acupass stuff offers great bang for the buck, and knowing the quality of Custom Art, I would probably go that route.

Thank you for the answer Joe. I think the sound is a little enhanced on the bass region, mostly mid bass. Then laid back mids and treble. Treble is kinda darkish.

I know we can't get exactly the same sound type but if they are in the same ball park it is fine for me too.

Any idea whether that Italian EarPower is still alive and kicking? Last I checked, their website was still available only in their language.

EarPower is still alive and kicking as far as I know, but beware, the thing looks like alien space ships in your ears, and there is no isolation.  I do use them for movie watching as they are very spacious and can have thunderous, movie theater like bass, but I wouldn't be caught dead in them in public.  The i9pro also kinda fits the bill and can be very enjoyable, if it is still available.

Rollk, AJ, what discrepancy are talking about? Do you find accupass technology lacking sth?

Discrepancy between something that cost $250-$500 and something that cost over $1000.  There are significant cost differences in the drivers.  AcuPass has raised the bar, but a properly tuned high-end CIEM has something AcuPass doesn't.  But then, AcuPass wasn't designed to be a competitor for a $1K CIEM.

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3,729 of 4,841
  EarPower is still alive and kicking as far as I know, but beware, the thing looks like alien space ships in your ears, and there is no isolation.  I do use them for movie watching as they are very spacious and can have thunderous, movie theater like bass, but I wouldn't be caught dead in them in public.  The i9pro also kinda fits the bill and can be very enjoyable, if it is still available.

I know how does it look like but I was thinking it for home use and for the places that I don't need isolation. For isolation I have SE5way and Music One (one for main listening sessions and one for the gym). Maybe EarPower can fit the last spot in my inventory then I can call quit
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,730 of 4,841
Thanks Joe :wink: excellent review indeed

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #3,735 of 4,841
that's not what I meant :p I've heard people saying the are going to quit and then buy some more stuff, because you know new player, amp dac, then headphones/earphones again. It's never ending story
smily_headphones1.gif

If I bankrupt, that would be the end of the story. Actually taking a look at the new prices in high end portable audio, they are becoming the level of desktop products so I guess bankrupt is not so far away
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back