Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Apr 8, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #3,662 of 4,841
  Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will be publishing reviews of the X3, DX50, DX100, and Nova 3 in the near future.

Fantastic!  Which one do you think is the most detailed and clear sounding one?

It depends on the pairing, but generally the DX100 came out on top the most often and had the most detail.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #3,665 of 4,841
  At long last, the Custom Art Music One full review has been posted here.

As I also sent my impressions for Music One, it is a very interesting article for me.

Thank you for the review Joe. We almost never hear from you anymore, good to see that you are alive and kicking
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #3,666 of 4,841

As I also sent my impressions for Music One, it is a very interesting article for me.

Thank you for the review Joe. We almost never hear from you anymore, good to see that you are alive and kicking
biggrin.gif

Thanks much, and good to see your post!  I just don't have the time at the moment to spend much time here, and am working through my reviews.  I am hoping after a few months I have more time (have I said that before?).

May 1, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #3,671 of 4,841
  That is the dream.  But, it has been said that once your hobby turns into a job, you find a new hobby.  Maybe, maybe not. 
wink_face.gif

I guess I have no chance turning my hobby into my job if you think I am about to finish my master in molecular biology
biggrin.gif

Still I can a part of my salary to this hobby, it would already make me happy A LOT
happy_face1.gif

May 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #3,672 of 4,841
  That is the dream.  But, it has been said that once your hobby turns into a job, you find a new hobby.  Maybe, maybe not. 
wink_face.gif

I think the 'problem' is, Joe, that you 'painted yourself into a corner', in the sense that because your reviews are so detailed, it becomes daunting to keep doing them. Also, an even bigger 'problem' is that your reviews include lots of comparisons with other gear you've previously reviewed. That's great for anyone reading them, to get a useful grasp on how stuff sounds, but it makes the situation an exponential one for you, where the more reviews you do, the more potential comparisons you might feel obliged to provide within each subsequent review. Eventually, the amount of cross-referencing / comparisons becomes overwhelming.

Therefore, much as I enjoy your wonderfully-detailed reviews, I would nonetheless completely understand if your future reviews were less-detailed, with fewer comparisons. I'd rather take that compromise than have you so overwhelmed that you feel unable or disinclined to do any reviews at all.

May 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,673 of 4,841

I guess I have no chance turning my hobby into my job if you think I am about to finish my master in molecular biology
biggrin.gif

Still I can a part of my salary to this hobby, it would already make me happy A LOT
happy_face1.gif

Yea, it would take a true desire to pursue a career in the hi-fi audio world after that, and enjoyment of a new toy from time to time goes a long way to happiness!

I think the 'problem' is, Joe, that you 'painted yourself into a corner', in the sense that because your reviews are so detailed, it becomes daunting to keep doing them. Also, an even bigger 'problem' is that your reviews include lots of comparisons with other gear you've previously reviewed. That's great for anyone reading them, to get a useful grasp on how stuff sounds, but it makes the situation an exponential one for you, where the more reviews you do, the more potential comparisons you might feel obliged to provide within each subsequent review. Eventually, the amount of cross-referencing / comparisons becomes overwhelming.

Therefore, much as I enjoy your wonderfully-detailed reviews, I would nonetheless completely understand if your future reviews were less-detailed, with fewer comparisons. I'd rather take that compromise than have you so overwhelmed that you feel unable or disinclined to do any reviews at all.

I do see what you are saying; however I believe any review should have specific comparisons, and that is how I truly evaluate and determine the nuances: contrast is a great thing.  Sure, it take more time, but my true issue is more about the time in general, trying to balance work and family with reviews and another extracurricular activitiy.  My family/kids are my after-work focus and they are at an age where they still want to hang out with dad, but at some point in the future, they may not (as is the case with so many kids).  Hasn't happened yet, so I am enjoying every minute I get, but the review time suffers. I do really enjoy reviewing though.

When I get in a "reviewing rhythm" it goes quite quickly and is easy for me.  The pictures are more of a thorn in my side as my wife ruined the better of our cameras, so now I have the 2nd rate camera which requires more pictures to get a few good ones.  I have a mini-review/comparison of 4 AcuPass 1723 CIEMs almost ready to go except the pictures, which I need to take and edit, hopefully tonight. Plus, other things like editing my thread on here is very cumbersome and time consuming, which is why the first post doesn't get updated.

May 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #3,674 of 4,841
I´d been reading your Custom In-ear Monitor Buyer’s Guide because I´m looking for a CIEM with good quantity and quality bass extension. Here, your recommendation is Audio Earz aud-5X, and I´d like to know about this CIEM vs 1964 V3/Qi. What do you think is better option? 

Also there many others like Lears LE-3B. What do you think has more detail with strong bass response?

Thanks again for this amazing thread.

May 3, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #3,675 of 4,841
  I´d been reading your Custom In-ear Monitor Buyer’s Guide because I´m looking for a CIEM with good quantity and quality bass extension. Here, your recommendation is Audio Earz aud-5X, and I´d like to know about this CIEM vs 1964 V3/Qi. What do you think is better option? 

Also there many others like Lears LE-3B. What do you think has more detail with strong bass response?

Thanks again for this amazing thread.

Thanks for reading.  I haven't heard the V3, so all I can do is speculate, but I can't imagine that it would keep up with the bass of the aud-5X.  I also haven't heard the Lear products other than the LCM-5, so I really can't say which is better from a strong bass + detail perspective.  I am impressed with the 5X for the price point, but it isn't perfect.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back