Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3,046 of 4,841
Guys thank you but I was actually looking for pictures themselves to directly send to the manufacturer not not already done things. Anyway for inspiration they help too of course. Thanks a lot 
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #3,049 of 4,841
Average_Joe and Project 86 - thanks for the advice re: new impressions. Had them done today.

It was noticeably more painful than last time... I even had a little bleeding from one ear. My ears are also still hurting 10 hours after (?).

Anyhow, the moulds looked good - plenty past the second bend - so it should be worth it.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3,050 of 4,841
Bleeding from ear impressions? Ouch... I hope you're okay!

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #3,051 of 4,841
Bleeding from ear impressions? Ouch... I hope you're okay!

I think it was caused by the little pre-impression sponge scraping the wall of the canal, rather than the impressions themselves. Nothing serious, just painful. Am curious to know if anybody else has experienced this.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3,052 of 4,841
Quote:
Average_Joe and Project 86 - thanks for the advice re: new impressions. Had them done today.

It was noticeably more painful than last time... I even had a little bleeding from one ear. My ears are also still hurting 10 hours after (?).

Anyhow, the moulds looked good - plenty past the second bend - so it should be worth it.

Wow. take care man..hope you ear recover soon.
I don't think it's right if you feel pain during doing ear impressions..

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #3,054 of 4,841
Quote:
It's possible if either audiologist wasn't careful enough or you have really soft tissue inside.

Someone else mentioned bleeding during the impression process on another thread - could have been years ago - lol. But the bleeder mentioned that he was a devout Q-Tip user and his audiologist told him to STOP cleaning so much - it can irritate the canal. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #3,055 of 4,841
Quote:
Wow thanks joe~ do you mind share that bass test tone? I only have it till 20 Hz for test (so I do it with songs too). And like you said, how the ciems reproduce the note is important for me~ and like I said about the treble, I also hear the combination of extension control, sustain and presence too compared to the rest of spectrum. Some bass rumbles a lot but they don't do it for me in terms of attack, decay, air and control. And my 2 two nt6 even have difference bass presence which is surprised to me too that CIEM varies this much.

Jh16 FP really surprised me~

Test tones can be downloaded here.

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #3,056 of 4,841
Hi

Out of morbid curiosity I was just wondering how many refits most average people seem to need?   I reckon I'm near the top (lost count!) but was just curious about other people.

Cheers

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #3,057 of 4,841
It depends I guess. With my first custom there were many refits before I sold them but my last 2 customs they were good on the first try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back