MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience?
Apr 24, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #136 of 254
Sidegrade or downgrade propably. N550=B6. And supposedly B8 is better than B6. N550 is very similar to n650 so that is propably not a upgrade either. If you still want to buy Msur then maybe get n350 because it is More portable than b8.

ah i see, thanks, unfortunate, those n650 is really catching my attention, welp i guess I have to skip buying some msurs then.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #137 of 254
If you want to upgrade from b8 and stick to Chinese wooden headphones, you could try sivga sv007. I have not heard those myself but I guess those could be a upgrade over b8 because sivgas version of b8 is called sv006. So "b8" is ranked lower in sivgas line up.

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #138 of 254
hey guys, new to this thread, need some help,planning to buy some msur, but I dont know which unit of msur is better than the other. which is better in your opinion?

also,I already have bosshifi b8, will the msur be on par or an upgrade?

Im about to receive N350 soon, i can tell my impressions to the Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread.

Ive heard that they sound quite different than 550 and 650. They probably lean a bit more towards "fun"-sound than other models. Cant really say anything for sure without trying them all, this is just based on the reviews and comments ive read.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #139 of 254
Im about to receive N350 soon, i can tell my impressions to the Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread.

Ive heard that they sound quite different than 550 and 650. They probably lean a bit more towards "fun"-sound than other models. Cant really say anything for sure without trying them all, this is just based on the reviews and comments ive read.

alright thanks, I'll wait for your impressions

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #140 of 254
The dealer, I bought my MSUR N550 / B6 clone from, told me that it's the same driver as in the N650.

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #141 of 254
I found Bearbizz-headphones from Aliexpress, they are not available anymore but still. Without a doubt Msur-rebrands. I cant find Bosshifi B5 anywhere.

B660 (N350): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bea...chable-Earphone-Stereo-Music/32721867983.html

N550-copy :https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bea...chable-Earphone-Stereo-Music/32721867983.html

Last update for my N350s Aliexpress-tracking is from three days ago and its probably on its way to Finland. If im lucky i might receive them next week. Sellers page "promised" 7-15 delivery time with Aliexpress "premium shipping" but that sounds a bit too optimistic to me.

May 5, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #142 of 254
I already posted these to Chi-fi-topic but i leave this here just in case that someone is looking for information about these:

Good news, my Msur N350 arrived today. :)

10108549.jpg

Im not going into details about the sound yet, i havent test them enough.

They are much lighter and smaller in size than i thought, about the same size as my Takstar Pro 82. Mainly made of wood and metal except headband which seems to be plastic. Pretty solid build quality in overall. BUT... i noticed that one side of the headbands seems to be broken from the bottom. I cant rotate the earcup holder at all and its almost stuck in place and it does look like its starting to break away. Its not swinging or loose or anything but it still looks and feels suspicious. I already contacted the seller about it, lets see what happens.

Comfort is surprisingly good for an on-ear headphone. Earcup is oval shaped rather than round which probably helps and it covers my ears quite well. Clamping force is light. Someone said in the Msur-topic that they dont isolate but i have to disagree, when i start playing music on moderate or even slightly higher volume and press the earcups together sound leakage is very minimal. Those little holes dont seem to leak any sound, i dont know whats the purpose of them. Its very hard to hear whats happening around me while listening.

Ill come back later to give some thoughts about the sound.

I think i have listened enough to write something. My right ear is a bit clogged from a flu but i were still able to hear enough. To this day Pro 82 has been my favourite chi-fi-headphones but i think they have competitor now...

Im pretty impressed by their sound. If i have to describe it with two words i would say something like "lively" and "intense". Intense in a way that i have to take breaks after listening for a while (not a bad thing). Pretty flat sounding to me, perhaps slightly warmer/colored than completely neutral. Very clear but not overly bright. The amount of details they reveal is amazing, i were able to find some new tiny details and nuances from songs that i have listened thousand times. I listened to several genres including my favourites like rock/metal, folk, and electronics and also other genres like classical, jazz and hip hop (although im not a biggest fan of them).

They are not as heavy in bass as i expected them to be. There is plenty of it but its not on a basshead-level imo. I listened to some EDM and hip hop and bass sounded pleasantly punchy and tight and can go also pretty low, there is decent sub bass-feeling. At the same time if youre switching to something less bass-oriented stuff it will calm down too. Its not boomy or muddy at all, very natural sounding and controlled.

Midrange is my favourite part of the sound (im a midrange-fan). Mids are quite forward but not overly aggressive or shouty (at least to me). Vocal clarity- and timbre is stunning on these, easily one of the best sounding vocals ive heard on any closed headphone, they sound just so realistic and lively. There is some sibilance in the vocals but it shows up only from time to time. Guitar-oriented stuff like metal, rock and acoustics really shines with these, riffs and leads sound very clear without any muddiness or distortion.

Treble extends very well on these but the downside is that it can sometimes reach the borderline of fatiguing. Its not sharp or piercing but sometimes it just starts to feel heavy and tiring on the ears (sometimes upper mids have the same problem). Fortunately there is not much sibilance.

Soundstage is not obviously super wide but just enough that music is not playing completely inside my head. Sound seperation is also pretty good. In certain songs i heard voices that sounded almost like someone is right behind me.

So far so good. Im waiting my ear to pop completely open and then i listen some more. First impressions are so good that im probably going to keep these, good alternative to Pro 82 when they sound too "clinical" to match my mood.

Im planning to write a full review. I can recommend these to midrange-lovers who are not afraid of a bit heavier bass.

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #143 of 254
I received (alleged) frequency response graph for N350 from destiny-audio.com. It looks quite accurate to me, almost like a Grado with added bass and lower mids, heh. Review incoming soon.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #145 of 254
Just to inform anyone who is planning to order Msur-headphones from Aliexpress, DO NOT buy from Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1140113?spm=2114.12010615/itm2home- Multiple customers have received broken pairs from them (including my N350) and based on shipping delays it seems that they dont even have headphones on stock, i have no idea where they get them.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #146 of 254
Hello, I just received my N350 from Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store. They took 14 days to arrive to Spain and the box that they came in (didn't order with the original box) was very damaged.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ggpEcVhqWVv4yJvLCbTc-F5by_hNoOhC
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gwbz2uhyNZL6xfe3bdc_CBPo5vdi904F
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xpzYL_7LWZ_aQoFPfidzjcIXOz20O_Z1
The headphones are aparently OK, at least they don't sound broken to me but i have to check out a little more on that. They need a lot of volume in order to hear them clearly even with 32 Ohm and 105 db of sensivity.
One of the times that I plugged in the longest cable, two things happened:
One one hand, the conector attached to one of the headphones got partialy inserted on the headphone, as you can see in this photo
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xXS7e-b7bRuDKDY7V_Hpeyhl_btwnujK
On the other, the 2.5mm jack connector suffered something similar, I don't know how to explain it very well in english, but here is the photo (I fixed it but i guess that it's not supposed to happen)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IOOQJ1zkHnggb0uaOYk3nmKyW0PENZzr
Did any of this things happened before?

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #147 of 254
Would also avoid Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store on aliexpress, sent me the 650s but none of the cables fit in correctly and they refuse to send new ones and are basically demanding I ship them back, even though it'll cost me £40 to get my £66 refund.
The build quality is also terrible, I've not even been using them due to the cables constantly falling out but one of the screws has fell out that keeps the cup in place.
Hopefully able to get a refund on these since they're basically useless but aliexpress are being difficult about it.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #148 of 254
Manufacturer has indeed some quality control issues. The screws that hold the left cup in place on my N650 started to loose up after just few listening sessions, other side seems to be fine. Cup is not about to drop any time soon but only time will tell is it going to last. But once you put them on your head and start listening you know where the money went.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #149 of 254
Manufacturer has indeed some quality control issues. The screws that hold the left cup in place on my N650 started to loose up after just few listening sessions, other side seems to be fine. Cup is not about to drop any time soon but only time will tell is it going to last. But once you put them on your head and start listening you know where the money went.

Had the same issues with the screws, lost all of them now, just bought replacements that will be getting superglued in i guess.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #150 of 254
I tried angled Denon DX000 pads (chinese, not original) on my N650 just out of curiosity:

UTB8nKGlEarFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXaH.jpg

Sound changed to slightly brighter signature and bass reduced quite a bit. Soundstage were very similar to D2000, little narrower but deeper. Putting the foam disks from my DT 770 inside the earcups bringed bass back but midbass became slightly too prominent for my liking and they still sounded brighter and treble had metallic flavour on it which i didnt like. I guess im going to keep the stock pads even if they arent as comfortable and i dont really have anything negative say about the stock SQ. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back