MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #2,581 of 2,843
Do you guys just glue Audeze pads? I'm not really sure whether I want to take on this experiment without having assurance that it will work.

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #2,582 of 2,843
Do you guys just glue Audeze pads? I'm not really sure whether I want to take on this experiment without having assurance that it will work.

No glue needed. Just gently take stock one off and put other on. Just be aware it might take some patience if you never did it before but it works

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,586 of 2,843
I hated the sound of the Audeze leather pads FYI. Makes the Ether sound much thinner

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #2,587 of 2,843
According to others that have tried, and Dan, the angled ETHER C pads open the soundstage a bit with ETHER open, everything else stays mostly the same. Haven't tried yet myself but hope to soon. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #2,589 of 2,843
I have the Microsuede vegans just love them. It's hard to describe the changes the last month in fidelity and quality my rig has jumped this last month.
I applied the felt mods with the Microsuede Angled pads fantastic sound.
I stripped my OPPO HA1 and deoxited everything and put in the IFI IPURIFIER 2.

Now its just Muhahahatastic.

Now I am getting my monies worth from the Ethers, I may call my psychiatric Dr as I am hearing things now...

Mix up the Ether Options but Dan's are ether specific..

Just have fun.

Dave

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2,591 of 2,843
Curious if anyone is using a Draug 2 with this headphone? 

Actually I am. I picked it up because I didn't like the DUM cable. It could be placebo but I feel like the Norne cable puts a little more meat on the ETHER signature. A touch more impact on bass. I haven't done any critical A/B mind you, once I put on the Draug 2 it stayed put.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #2,593 of 2,843
On the same subject, has anybody tried a silver cable such as the Norne Solv with Ether?  I recently upgraded all my RCA cables running from Yggdrasil to my amps to silver and found the change positive across the board.  But, I imagine there might be such a thing as "too much of a good thing" with silver cables so I don't want to get carried away.

I've heard the Zoetic get recommended for this headphone too.  I'll have to wait and see how Ether sounds after it's broken in.  I don't even know what the DUM cable sounds like yet actually, I was sent an incorrect 1/8" cable by mistake (no idea if it uses the DUM wiring scheme or not) so I'm waiting for the correct 1/4" DUM to arrive at the moment.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #2,594 of 2,843
I can't recommend a contact cleaner more than using deoxit or any good brand. My entire system is a different beast now. Try that first before cable rolling. Not that a good cable doesn't work but get it and the attached Dac Amp plugs IPA then Deoxit or other manufacturers products. Caig Deoxit is cheap for a small tube. Cheaper in USA. . £7 uk amazon get red and gold...

Good luck
Dave

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #2,595 of 2,843
I've used deoxit to clean the plugs on my headphone cables before.  I can't say it resulted in any kind of change in SQ.  I wasn't expecting one and didn't hear one, my intention was to clean and improve the longevity of the contact points inside the headphone jacks on my amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back