MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 18, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,336 of 5,796
  We probably won't start the upgrades until late September the way things are looking. Lottery winners will be announced some time in early to mid-September so they have enough time to get their headphones shipped before we start. 

@mrspeakers will probably chime in with some more definite dates for you when he gets a chance.

Thank you for your patience while we sort everything out.

Problems with the upgrade process or just starting to get behind on orders?

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,340 of 5,796
  Sorry I must have missed Dan say that. He's been traveling. If that's what he said then that's what it is. I'll amend my post.

Yeah I thought that is what is said as well, although I am assuming this was just notifications that you will be one of the lucky 40... Not an indicator on when MrSpeakers will actually start upgrading the 40. Sounds like that will be late Sep :p

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,341 of 5,796
  Believing in transparency, here's the quick issue we had.  As soon as the form went live, members of this forum jumped in and about 60 slots were filled before we could send the note out globally.  We didn't anticipate this much interest, I pretty much assumed from past experience that it'd take a day or two to get that many in the queue.  

Since many of our customers are not on head-fi, this essentially locked all our other customers around the world out of the sign up for the first round.  To be equitable to everyone we'll cut off the list at 24 hours, and do a random draw.  

Sorry for any confusion around this, and thanks so much for the enthusiasm!!!  We'll get the upgrade order page up late next week and send out the notifications.  

Now, off to London, hope to see some of you at CanJam!

Dunno if that's what he meant though.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #1,349 of 5,796
Tyll' The beard-mega' Hertsens... Says World class entry... Even better with the level of competition and an Tyll style assessment cutting to the bone...
It deserves no less of a critique and a place on the WOF well done.
Looking forward to seeing what it sounds like.

Gratz team Mr speakers..

and Tyll for always a good read..

Roll on September...Upgrades...Yer...

Keep smiling
Dave:smiley:

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #1,350 of 5,796
Hi all...  It's been a little hectic with the Hong Kong show then on to London CanJam, and I am behind in PMs, if I'm not responding nothing personal, I'm just behind.  

For upgrades we're working on the order page, it's complex to setup within our store due to the options and permutations.  Once that's done, we'll notify the first 40 and give the "two weeks to order" window.  After that, we need to allow time for everyone to send in their headphones.  

To run the upgrades effectively we have to have a large number on hand to process in lots or we can't match drivers.  So for timing, expect 2 weeks after notification for everyone to order, another 2 weeks to receive all headphones for the lot, and about a 2 week turnaround for the lot.  So Peter's about right as to when upgrades will actually start, e.g. late September.

For new headphones, our packaging vendor had committed to deliver to us by the 21st, but he's now saying it may be the 24th, however we're building headphones and will have a large number ship when the packaging arrives. If the vendor does deliver the 24th as promised shipments will begin in volume the 25th.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back