MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #2,868 of 9,071
I kind of see it as my only experience with a bass comparison that I really can make similar to this:
When I got my HE-500 I definitely noticed less "bass" than my cousin's DT990s; however, the fact that the bass on my HE-500 seemed to extend deeper and is faster, seemed to give my HE-500 more satisfying bass with more IMPACT as well (due to both the faster attack and the extension). Sure, the DT990 has more bass and bloom, but the fact that the HE-500 has a much faster attack and much deeper extension, it has a more satisfying result. I hope this makes sense, it's kind of hard to explain what I'm saying, but it's pretty much what I've been thinking throughout this whole conversation and it seems to match what Dan said.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2,870 of 9,071
Will there be a 15 day return policy on the upgrades? I understand if not, but that would be reassuring to those of us who are hesitant...

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #2,871 of 9,071
Sorry, that's not possible.  If you're worried about it for upgrades, wait for a meet or more impressions...  I think for most people this will be a real non-issue, but there's no such thing as a 100% agreement on anything, right?  So if you're worried be patient.  We're not going anywhere...
beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2,872 of 9,071
  Sorry, that's not possible.  If you're worried about it for upgrades, wait for a meet or more impressions...  I think for most people this will be a real non-issue, but there's no such thing as a 100% agreement on anything, right?  So if you're worried be patient.  We're not going anywhere...
beerchug.gif

Fair enough...
popcorn.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #2,874 of 9,071
Man this is killing me, I can't wait til mine arrive!

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2,875 of 9,071
Oct 13, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,876 of 9,071
I was fortunate enough to attend the RMAF and try most of the headphones in CanJam.  I should start off by saying that Dan was by FAR the most mannered and professional vendor within the CanJam.  Not to say that other vendors were rude, but Dan just came off as one of the vendors that really wanted to be there, actively tried to engage in conversations, by asking his customers how the enjoyed the Alpha dogs.  Honestly, if it wasn't for the great experience I had, I probably wouldn't even be posting here.  Some of the vendors were complete ******** and came off to me as if they didn't give two craps about their headphones, and that meant a lot to me.

As for the Alpha dogs themselves, I have to say that they really do live up to being one of the best closed headphone I have tried.  There was a Closed-headphone at the Finals Audios station that was priced at around the same price (600 dollars), and I forget the name of it, but if I was ever in the need of a closed headphone, it would definitely go to the Alpha Dogs or the Final Audios, mainly because I feel that they had the best Price / Performance ratio.

The sound was incredibly open and detailed, and the Mad Dogs wasnt even in the same tier.  You could obviously still tell that it was a closed headphone (because it is), but the imaging was just incredibly well done.  

My girlfriend and I did ultimately prefer the Fostex TH900s, which cost many times more, but I would say that the were on the equal or being better than the TH600s.  I did not care too much for the LCD-XC's (meaning I personally preferred Alpha Dogs & Fostex TH600&900s to these).  I should note that the sources were all slightly different for the headphones and that could have made an impact.

I just wanted to thank Dan for being awesome (I should have asked for a picture), and for selling awesome products, that is all.  If you do remember, I was one of the much younger looking military Asian guy with the asian girlfriend on Friday.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,878 of 9,071
Can't wait till there's a meet in Seattle...

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #2,879 of 9,071
I was fortunate enough to attend the RMAF and try most of the headphones in CanJam.  I should start off by saying that Dan was by FAR the most mannered and professional vendor within the CanJam.  Not to say that other vendors were rude, but Dan just came off as one of the vendors that really wanted to be there, actively tried to engage in conversations, by asking his customers how the enjoyed the Alpha dogs.

And that's why they seated him near the door, he was the perfect welcome party :D

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #2,880 of 9,071
cant wait to hear the alpha dogs in the NY meet in a few weeks. should be getting my mad dogs today or tomorrow, so i can see the difference first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back