MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #241 of 9,071
Quote:
Greed, vs your TH900?
smily_headphones1.gif

Totally different sound signature. More differences, than similarities. The AD almost reminds me of what a closed HD800 would sound like. Maybe not as technically proficient, but similar tonally balance. By most accounts, the TH-900 isn't "reference" sound. It is a "fun" sound signature that happens to have some reference qualities (i.e good imaging, soundstage, etc.). I think these two headphones will be quite complementary. I can't comment on which one I like "better" because I didn't have enough time with the AD to compare. I could very well look past the price - and prefer the AD... we shall see. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #242 of 9,071
I'll break the current trend and say the more i look at them the more i actually like the colour.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #243 of 9,071
Quote:
Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself. 
smile.gif

Now let's go back to "everything's perfect" feedback. 
smile.gif

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but what color would you like kemosabe?

I don't want to deprive you the pleasure to voice your opinions.
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #244 of 9,071
Oh go ahead with the voicing. I love reading post after post about people complaining about color. I'm sure God loves it too.

Well, I did not intend to complain and from how I read it, neither were others.

Ironically, after pages and pages of this thread yous is the first complaint. I'm sure God appreciated the irony.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #245 of 9,071
I like the color maybe I am one of the lone few with that opinion. Black, burgundy, green, white, red, blue does it really matter in the long run? Its what's on the inside that counts. A lot of you are acting like your are going to put a paper bag over your head when listening to them.

Keep voicing your opinion who know maybe you will get what you want. I would never stand in the way of public opinion. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #246 of 9,071
Quote:
Well, I did not intend to complain and from how I read it, neither were others.

Ironically, after pages and pages of this thread yous is the first complaint. I'm sure God appreciated the irony.

Yes you see it as constructive feedback about color while others see it as complaining/whining. Not surprsing. This is how the human mind works: what you say is important for others to hear and definitely right and contrary opinions are inappropriate or wrong. I'm just "voicing" my approval of the current color and what I see as unnecessary complaining. God Forbid.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #247 of 9,071
Quote:
Wait a tick... Uzi, you're in the Bay Area?  Why are you not here with us at the headphone meet (and Headmasters)?  
confused.gif
  The info is in my sig if you want to stop by.  
smile.gif

Gah!  I know!  I want to be there and try out the Alpha Dogs, but unfortunately I'm busy today.  Any other weekend and I'd have been there.

Quote:
yes, when I close my eyes with the AD on I can easily get a sense of openness and space of a decent open back hp. They are at least on par with the hd650 IMO for sound stage and instrument separation which in itself is an incredible feat. 

Wow.  The two things I miss from the HD650 when I use the Mad Dogs is the incredible mids that are so clear and natural sounding and the wider soundstage.  (I know, comparing most headphones' mids to the HD650 is unfair.)  Of course, the Mad Dogs generally do better in the highs and lows.  From what I'm reading here, these things are improved with the Alpha Dogs.

So... I like warm sounding headphones... I like the HD650 and the Mad Dogs and not so much the DT880/600, which I consider too bright.  What about the Alpha Dogs?  I've read folks saying they're a little less bright than the Mad Dogs... but overall, are they still on the somewhat warm side?

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #248 of 9,071
Quote:
Totally different sound signature. More differences, than similarities. The AD almost reminds me of what a closed HD800 would sound like. Maybe not as technically proficient, but similar tonally balance. By most accounts, the TH-900 isn't "reference" sound. It is a "fun" sound signature that happens to have some reference qualities (i.e good imaging, soundstage, etc.). I think these two headphones will be quite complementary. I can't comment on which one I like "better" because I didn't have enough time with the AD to compare. I could very well look past the price - and prefer the AD... we shall see. 

Interesting post thanks. I prefer the TH900 signature to the HD800. Still MrSpeakers' pricing is competitive versus the establishment and that is part of the hook...

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #249 of 9,071
Yes you see it as constructive feedback about color while others see it as complaining/whining. Not surprsing. This is how the human mind works: what you say is important for others to hear and definitely right and contrary opinions are inappropriate or wrong. I'm just "voicing" my approval of the current color and what I see as unnecessary complaining. God Forbid.

What you wrote above also applies to your posts, rather than being about colours yours were about what should or should not be posted.

You can approve the current colour to your heart's content, I just don't find it agreeable that you should tell others not to say what they think.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #250 of 9,071
Quote:

Interesting post thanks. I prefer the TH900 signature to the HD800. Still MrSpeakers' pricing is competitive versus the establishment and that is part of the hook...

I think if you prefer the TH-900 over the HD800, the AD might not be ideal. Like I said, the sound signature could come off as "boring" to some. Obviously, this is up for debate - as people's tastes change and can like more than one sound, but the AD will come off as polite in comparison. The AD is the spawn if the HD800 and the MD had a baby. YMMV.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #252 of 9,071
Quote:
What you wrote above also applies to your posts, rather than being about colours yours were about what should or should not be posted.

You can approve the current colour to your heart's content, I just don't find it agreeable that you should tell others not to say what they think.

I wasn't trying to. Sorry if it came off that way. It was more of an "observation": people always wanting matte black on Head-Fi. Just thought it was weird because there are so many other colors in the world and didn't see how shiny was wrong. But yeah recently I've across a lot of "can I have it matte black" whether it's amps, dacs, headphones and the first thing that comes to my mind is insecurity, like people who only love to dress in black.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #253 of 9,071
Quote:
I think if you prefer the TH-900 over the HD800, the AD might not be ideal. Like I said, the sound signature could come off as "boring" to some. Obviously, this is up for debate - as people's tastes change and can like more than one sound, but the AD will come off as polite in comparison. The AD is the spawn if the HD800 and the MD had a baby. YMMV.

I have lots of different tastes as illustrated by my signature! My questions are to build a frame of reference. So in that respect thanks again for saying where you think the tonality lies.

Was going to blind buy the MD at some point 'anyway' (
rolleyes.gif
) to see what the fuss was. But AD announcement and also at a competitive price throws in a curveball. Really the AD should be more expensive
biggrin.gif
Buying MD would still leave a nagging voice inside saying the creator thought he hit a limit to the possibilities of modding, enter the AD
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #254 of 9,071

Greed, since you heard the AD and you have the TH900 what can you say about the bass response? Is it flat and neutral/reference as they are saying or is there some thump to it? The Mad Dog to me did not have enough bass for my liking so I'm curious what someone who knows what bass can feel like says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back