MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #2,446 of 9,071
Kaskade - Room for Happyness
Killswitch Engage - My Curse
Belanova - Chica Robot

You win a few internets, friend. I love Belanova, though it's been ages. Rosa Pastel! And that Kaskade song in particular (both versions) because Skylar Grey is my fave singer (though her almbum didn't do it for me in comparison to almost all her prior singles).

The Fire version of Room For Happiness is a bit hot on the recording (not a joke).

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #2,447 of 9,071
I would LOVE to see (maybe hear... but yeah, see...) Ms Dennisse Guerrero live!! :wink:
Go Belanova!

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,449 of 9,071
  Hey gelocks, I'm curious if you've received your AD yet or gotten a shipping notice? I'm pining for mine right now lol

Check the last few pages for initial impressions :wink:
(got mine yesterday)

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #2,451 of 9,071
HAHAHAHAHA!!

I think I peed a little... LOL! Awesome video!
But nope, I don't think it's a wreck at all. Some people just don't like to give initial impressions because they might change with time and this is a valid point. In fact, even when testing out new headphones I AT LEAST spend two weeks using them just to get used to their sound, fit, comfort, features, etc. 

So, Patience my friend!

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #2,452 of 9,071
Albums that I think are pretty swell (in no particular order):

1. The Cowboy Junkies - Whites Off Earth Now! MFSL
2. Frank Zappa - Live At The Roxy And Elsewhere
3. Steely Dan - Gaucho MFSL (to be honest, I don't think they ever put out a bad recording)
4. Jerry Garcia and David Grisman - Self-Titled
5. John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman - Self-Titled
6. The Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime
7. Rush - Hemispheres
8. The Cure - Staring At The Sea
9. Beck - Sea Change MFSL
10. Hans Zimmer - Inception OST
11. Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - Chesky
12. Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
13. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - HDTracks
14. Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries

Good recordings make all the difference in the world when it comes to enjoying a nice set of headphones - they aren't magic and will often reveal how poorly the mastering was done. On the flip side, a well-mastered album will sound very good through my cheap Koss DJ100s.

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,453 of 9,071
  The reserved and fleeting character of new impressions is starting to read as "deafening silence", or more dramatically:

Lmao, this is hilarious especially considering my grandpa used to own a few G scale model trains...

Blegh, I'm coming down with a cold now and my sinuses are starting to get plugged up, causing channel imbalance on all my headphones. Hope this stupid cold goes away before I get the tour pair... 

Edit: Since everyone is posting albums/songs they'll be using to test the ADs for some reason, check the link in my sig called "test music" to see a few of the hundreds of songs I'll be listening to on these bad boys...

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #2,454 of 9,071
  The reserved and fleeting character of new impressions is starting to read as "deafening silence", or more dramatically:

LoL. 
  HAHAHAHAHA!!

I think I peed a little... LOL! Awesome video!
But nope, I don't think it's a wreck at all. Some people just don't like to give initial impressions because they might change with time and this is a valid point. In fact, even when testing out new headphones I AT LEAST spend two weeks using them just to get used to their sound, fit, comfort, features, etc. 

So, Patience my friend!

I agree that many of the first owners are probably followers and fans of Mr.Speakers products. This being the newest of the new, I think those reviewers want to take their time and allow brain burn-in to takes its effect so that they can offer fair and accurate reviews. 

No one wants to jump the gun and be the very first to post a review without giving it proper time, only to have the following 10 reviews filled with results that conflict heavily because the proper time wasn't given. 

No doubt we'll have some great reviews in a week or two. For me personally, those will end up being a lot more important to me overall than 'meet style' impressions based on limited time. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,457 of 9,071

Check the last few pages for initial impressions :wink:
(got mine yesterday)

thanks gelocks, looks like I'll have to be a little more patient and wait for mine to arrive. Nice early impressions by the way

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #2,458 of 9,071
I went to sleep all day today, and I swear my dream was almost entirely about listening to the AD. Like literally picturing in my head how I expect it to realistically sound. I hope it can live to my dreampression. I was realistic in expectation, and in my head, it sounded pretty damn good.

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #2,460 of 9,071
Lol. I know, right?

Alpha Dogs: Sound Straight Out Of Your Dreams

You know you're doing somethin right when you have people DREAMING about your headphones. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back