Mouse -Fi
Apr 10, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #602 of 616
My Thanko Silent Mouse EX finally gave up the ghost after over half a dozen years of duty, so I went looking for current silent mouse offerings, and am currently trying the Buffallo Premium Fit; while apparently better built, it's not quite as silent, but will do until I find a better option.

Logitech's silent mouse offering would interest me, if only they'd included a wired version...
I'm open to suggestions if anyone is like me after reducing the noise of computers & computer peripherals.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #603 of 616
I didn't notice this thread till it popped up. I have really weird and complicated requirements for computer mice; a south (petite) paw that prefers to palm grip and it must be wireless and accurate. I'm a photographer by trade and absolutely don't care for video games.

Earlier this year, I took the plunge and bought the Logitech G900, which was the most I've spent on a mouse but I found that it was worth every penny as it ticks off all of the check-boxes. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the same mouse-ing requirements that I have. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #604 of 616
I used to have Logitech MX500/518, and G5, but now I've gone to the G700s at both home and work. Being able to go wireless if needed is really nice, and it's in general a very, very nice mouse. Would recommend, especially if you have the need for a mouse you can use wired and wireless (i.e. if you have a laptop hooked up to a docking station, the mouse can be used both over USB to the dock, and via the wireless receiver directly plugging into laptop).

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #605 of 616
I have a Logitech G900 (PC) and G502 (MBP) at home, a G602 at my office desk and another G502 at the second work computer. I think it's pretty safe to say I love Logitech's gaming series mice.

I was very surprised when I got the G900. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I typically prefer a more contoured layout like the G502 since I have a palm grip, but the moderately sloped universal layout of the G900 just seems to work well for me. It's lighter than my G502 and that lead to better gaming performance. On top of that it's the first wireless mouse I've used that's able to keep up with me while gaming, meaning that the G900 was not going back. Wireless freedom, finally!

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #606 of 616
For the past 2 years I've used the Corsair RGB Sabre at home and at work.

Before that it was the Thermatke BMW mouse.

May 27, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #609 of 616
I recently got g403 and G pro Logitech mice. Sensors are great on both and weight is very light = good. G403 shape I prefer I find less fatiguing on the hand. Shape is close to perfect on G403. Cable on either is good stock but I prefer to debraid.

May 28, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #611 of 616
I have/had G502 as well (used to practice soldering). For me I didn't like the shape (too narrow for my hand) and found it front-heavy due to the metal scroll wheel, also generally a bit on the heavy side for its size. Good sensor though - same as G403, G302 and G Pro. G302 had weirdest shape and kind of unstable in the hand and due to narrow base.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #612 of 616
I gave up on my G502, took it to work (fantastic for flying through spreadsheets / long documents), I love the free wheeling scroll wheel), and swapped it for a Corsair M65 RGB (to match up with the Strafe RGB Silent keyboard...

Annoying as it is, I prefer the Logitech - Does anyone else make a mouse with a scroll wheel as free running as the G502?

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #614 of 616
I gave up on my G502, took it to work (fantastic for flying through spreadsheets / long documents), I love the free wheeling scroll wheel), and swapped it for a Corsair M65 RGB (to match up with the Strafe RGB Silent keyboard...

Annoying as it is, I prefer the Logitech - Does anyone else make a mouse with a scroll wheel as free running as the G502?

I don't know of any other company that has similar scroll wheel. At this point I think its just the G502 from Logitech.

I think I used to like the scroll on the G9X also but nowadays I'm more worried about reptitive strain as I need to do a lot of precise mousing for my work. I can see how it would be great for zipping up and down spreadsheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back