Mouse -Fi
May 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #331 of 616
The MX has a standard polling rate similar to any mouse, it's not meant to be a gamer's mouse. I've had a few, including the Anywhere MX. It was a good mouse for what it's meant to do, but at this point it sits in a box collecting dust.

Don't forget to check polling rate as well as DPI. There's no reason to buy a gaming mouse that doesn't have a high DPI as well as a 1 kHz polling rate. If anything I'd say polling-rate is more important than DPI because high DPI doesn't necessarily equate to more accurate. It simply means how fast you can turn. That can be handy but if you don't have very steady hands then a really high DPI isn't going to help you. A very high polling rate, however, will. The reason being that one has to do with the speed of movement and the other is how fast it reacts.

May 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #332 of 616
Quote:
The MX has a standard polling rate similar to any mouse, it's not meant to be a gamer's mouse. I've had a few, including the Anywhere MX. It was a good mouse for what it's meant to do, but at this point it sits in a box collecting dust.

Don't forget to check polling rate as well as DPI. There's no reason to buy a gaming mouse that doesn't have a high DPI as well as a 1 kHz polling rate. If anything I'd say polling-rate is more important than DPI because high DPI doesn't necessarily equate to more accurate. It simply means how fast you can turn. That can be handy but if you don't have very steady hands then a really high DPI isn't going to help you. A very high polling rate, however, will. The reason being that one has to do with the speed of movement and the other is how fast it reacts.

Hi Doug, I don't think the Performance MX marketed as a gaming mouse from my understanding(based on a brief look on their website and personal experience as well)

To be honest I prefer my G5 over this for gaming, I feel it has more precision and I don't have to worry about losing connectivity/lag since its wired.

May 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #333 of 616
Quote:
So glad we got a mouse and keyboard fi :3, as I'm building my gaming rig today, and a mouse is going to be my first upgrade [in about a week ;3]

So what do you guys think of the

Evo EC1 and the G500?

I've heard the G500 is pretty cheaply made, and I was recommened the EVO Ec1 instead, any one used either one?The G500 is 5600 and the EVO only 2600

Still though, which do you guys think is a better buy? I don't like all the negativeity I'm hearing about the G500 on OCN... sadly though the internet likes the G500 [Big palces like Cnet...]

Also New Egg reviews for G500 have been mixed,

so xD which one you guys think would be better for FPS gaming. I don't really care about having extra buttons on the mouse, just accuarcy really...

Used to own a Logitech mouse. Did not like. Felt heavy and hurt my wrist after long sessions. I humbly suggest the Steelseries Ikari. I play a lot of FPSs (Tribes, BF, etc) and it's a sweet peripheral that feels 100% responsive.

May 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #334 of 616
May 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #335 of 616
Unless you get a gaming-specific wireless mouse they are all capped at around 125 Hz.

The MX series are not gaming mice, they are meant to be functional mice that can track on just about any surface. Gaming mice tend not to be able to do that but have the added benefit of being hyper accurate and very reactive.

If someone ever figured out how to make a mouse that was good at both things there would be no reason to ever buy anything else.

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #337 of 616
the Corsair M60 is my newest love obession, it's like $6 cheaper than the G500 and it's not a G500 so nobody gonna be hating, Bowei posted a user generated gaming mouse BEST list a few weeks ago, G500 was at the top but M60 was in the tier below [G500 was God, M60 was Great] 

So just for the sake of being different and not buying Logitech [and saving $6] I'm going with the M60 just need a cheap $100 Cherry MX brown keyboard now >.>

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #338 of 616
How picky are most people here about their mice?  I can't stand most "normal" mice.  Some combination of the tracking, sensitivity, ergonomics, or mechanical feel fails me on most mice.

I recently got a Death Adder to use at work because I continually get annoyed with any other mouse I could scrounge up around the office.  I'm really picky about the shape and comfort too.  Razer seems to be falling out of favor due to software issues but I couldn't find another brand with a shape that looked comfortable.  On my desktop at home I have an old Microsoft/Razer Habu that I bought because it's shape copied the old Intelimouse Explorer Which I thought was nearly perfectly shaped.  The Death Adder has pretty much the same shape as well.  Fortunately I haven't had any issues with the software on either of them but if it stops working I'm not sure what I'd use instead.

The Steelseries ones looked pretty nice but none of them looked as comfortable to me.  The Sensei's feature set looked very nice but the shape kills it for me.  I can never get used to the "soap bar" form factor.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #339 of 616
Using the Logitech g9x here. I would recommend this mouse 1000 times to anyone as it is the best performing/comfortable mouse I have owned. It is also very durable.

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #342 of 616
I would say my Sensei is better than my Deathadder in too many ways. The freedom on DPI and the ZERO lift distance is just too awesome to ignore. I also have plenty of program activated profiles to fit what ever I am doing, with the lights, you can see whatever you are on with the lights alone. Having it off on desktop and on different colour is somewhat useful.

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #343 of 616
Quote:
I've been using my Logitech Anywhere MX mouse for more than over a year. SO far working well
bigsmile_face.gif

Agreed.  Its versatility can't be beat.  You can truly use it on a glass table.  It's my ultimate travel mouse and the battery lasts forever.  Only minor gripe I have is it's a bit small for my hands.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #344 of 616
Quote:
I would say my Sensei is better than my Deathadder in too many ways. The freedom on DPI and the ZERO lift distance is just too awesome to ignore. I also have plenty of program activated profiles to fit what ever I am doing, with the lights, you can see whatever you are on with the lights alone. Having it off on desktop and on different colour is somewhat useful.

The one feature Razer appears to have that no one else does (and the only reason I won't check out a different mouse) is that I can push on the scroll wheel and scroll up and down to increase or decrease the sensitivity. To me, that's a killer feature as I often need to increase or decrease the sensitivity just slightly for how I'm playing any given night. Sometimes I can crank it up to full and hit every shot, other times I need to dial it back a bit to keep my accuracy up.

It doesn't sound like a handy feature but it's so much better than profile switching.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #345 of 616
Quote:

Except for the shape...

I was really drooling over the feature list though.  Too bad.  Guess I'm stuck with Razer for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back