Mouse -Fi
Mar 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #271 of 616
Too bad it looks like a Michael Bay movie gone horribly wrong.

I swear, if you ever want to see an area of the tech industry where it's blatantly clear no one involved has had even a little training in design just look at the gaming industry...

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #272 of 616
I was actually planning to get one, until some review pointed out that it's incredibly low profile mouse. Not very tall at all, and this cannot be adjusted. Some people might be ok with this, but with my hands, I'd probably get cramps after a few minutes.

Quote:
I have to say R.A.T 7 is pretty cool...

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #273 of 616
Logitech MX518 here. Funny because I stopped playing PC games. No way ever I'd buy another expensive  mouse. Something decent from Logitech is good enough for me. I've always hated wireless mice due to lag.

I wonder if anyone will actually use a full sized PC with monitor in 20 years? So sad how everything has gotten so dumbed down. By then everyone will be using the Ipad Version 20 as a "computer".

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #279 of 616
Why did I follow that guy calling that mouse Deathadder instead of Diamondback... *facepalm*

Anyway, to fellow MX518 owners, have you guys tried the Logitech G400? I tried it yesterday and it is great! The same size and shape like MX518 with nearly the same price like MX518 was but with all black finish and higher dpi. Awesome!

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #280 of 616
ivantoar, how is the scroll wheel button? Is it hard to press or fairly light? Please give me details and/or a scale!

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #281 of 616
Damn, nvm. Tons of reviews on how awful it is. I don't understand these companies anymore. Sticking with my OG mouse.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #282 of 616
You know, given how much you liked the DeathAdder you could always just buy one and pop it open and fiddle with the resistance mechanism on the mouse wheel? I've debated doing that numerous times for how it scrolls. Just haven't gotten bothered enough to do it yet.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #284 of 616
Quote:
ivantoar, how is the scroll wheel button? Is it hard to press or fairly light? Please give me details and/or a scale!

It feels exactly just like MX518 and not as hard as Diamondback 3G. Clicking the scroll wheel button won't take so much effort while it's not overly soft that you misclicked so much. In my opinion, the scroll wheel is quite comfortable for browsing (well you know, clicking it to open links new tab).

If you like the MX518, you'll like the G400. Can't say much about the awful reviews, might be due to different preference. IMO it fits me better than Deathadder. Tried it at my friend's place and I think it's too big and the scroll button is somewhat bad.

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #285 of 616

Quote:
I was actually planning to get one, until some review pointed out that it's incredibly low profile mouse. Not very tall at all, and this cannot be adjusted. Some people might be ok with this, but with my hands, I'd probably get cramps after a few minutes.

I felt the exact same way but decided to give it a try....

It's the best damn mouse I have ever used! Despite the low profile, it's extremely comfortable and I have found that my K/D ratio has become much, much better since I got mine. I always go even or better now.

I also love the custom profiles and I have created some for my mastering programs and other common programs I use. It's a great mouse and it looks really cool IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back