Moth Lovers of Europe- This is a Moth si2a3/45h / Eddie Current Black Rose (220V).
Mar 8, 2007 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't normally do this but I think this is uncommon and already being in Europe is extra points.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ube&1178553135

1173368638.jpg

Caveat Emptor and good luck. I know nothing of the seller or the amp. Looks like a head-Fi member by the name of Kurt? Hey Head-Fi gets first dibs on stuff like this.

Mitch

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 25
Yes, it's (my friend) Kurt from Head-Fi -- an absolutely reliable person, BTW.

The subject can also be found on the for sale forum here.

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 25
Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Head-Fi gets first dibs on stuff like this.

I posted the Head-Fi ad a day before the Audiogon one. Don't want to bring the Head-Fi gods down on me.
eek.gif

Cheers
Kurt

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 25
if i didn't already have the zana deux...

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #6 of 25
That's a beautiful amp Kurt. I was resisting posting that in your FS thread for fear of rule-breaking. I bet if you were in the U.S. the Black Rose would be sold already. Where is Head-Fi Europe?! Why are they slow on the uptake here!?

Best of luck with the sale.

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 25
"Where is Head-Fi Europe?"

That's what I was wondering. The biggest issue / concern I constantly hear is the risk of shipping the huge tube amps over seas. Here's one in your back yard. Does this mean VAT has been paid already? Does it have to be paid again?

Mitch

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #8 of 25
Boy oh boy have I ever coveted a Moth and this one would be perfect. What a pity the war chest is on standby for something else. To those that are scared of the shipping, don't be. I have shipped in and out many a large amp and never had any problems.

Mar 9, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 25
That is a fine amp. I heard one similar, only difference was the silver output transformers on Kurt's, I heard the normal copper electraprint outputs (kentamcolin). Dead silent, very full and warm, tons of body, great detail, not a single sonic qualm to complain about.

And yes the EML45's is amazing with cans

Mar 9, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 25
"only difference was the silver output transformers on Kurt's"

That amp has Silver Output transformers? Get out! Really?

I wasn't aware of any headphone amps utilizing silver wound transformers. Can you think of any others off hand?

Mitch

Mar 9, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

I wasn't aware of any headphone amps utilizing silver wound transformers. Can you think of any others off hand?

Mitch

Wavelength makes a number of amps with a silver transformer option. One set of monoblocks is up for sale on A-gon right now. Sorry for the OT, but it was your thread after all!
icon10.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Mitch

According to Kurt, that is correct. Which makes that amp even more of a steal to whoever is getting it. As far as I know, I am not even sure how many headphone amps use high end transformers like electraprint, tango, tamura, etc. I know the blackie custom 300b amp uses the james trannies, thats about it. Silver wound is a whole other league though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back