Moth - I like them the best when they are dead~!(bandwidth sensitive)
Jul 22, 2001 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Tides

On the lam from Mothra
( due to images count restriction, this will be multi parts post)

Since today is Sunday, We all have a little more extra time
smily_headphones1.gif
Make yourself a cup of coffee and read this up. food intake might not be a good idea... so just Coffee/milk
smily_headphones1.gif

Time:~~ 4:20 am est

So I was chatting with Judeon icq /surfing the web/ enjoying my dcm370+xcanv2+hd600 all happy happy joy joy....

I noticed one [size=small]LARGE MOTH [/size] flew in and was flying around fast while dropping these *moth dusts* all over I hate moth! Any kind ANY size~ Where I live, each house is at least 1 acre big and once a while we get these BIG FAT ones that comes in the house.. ( joelongwood prob can relate this, as he lives pretyt close to me) This CALLS FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION ~

I had this horrible visual of myself trying to kill the moth, MISS and end up falling then drag my xcanv2 while it snap my HD600 cable on the way down. I immediately took off my HD600, set it aside so I dont jerk the cable while I battle this moth. ( at this time I informed Jude about the unwelcome guest, and my hate of *moth dust* which puzzled him until he saw the pics)

After I took off my hd600, I surveyed my surrounding, trying to find something I can use to kill it with MINIMUM air contamination of *moth dust* . Found an extra napkin that I set aside earlier when I was eating macroni&cheese
smily_headphones1.gif
ok, the weapon of choice has been picked. I informed Jude I be away for few mins, I was ready to kill it.

With napkin in hand.... i surveyed my room. NO SIGHT of this BIG moth. "Impossible ! I said to myself. Looked around for couple more mins, still cant find it. Now I am getting PISSED.
mad.gif

" ok no problem, I will trick him to come out"
cool.gif

I informed Jude I be away a little longer, and hold the chats till I get back. I then proceed to shut off my monitor and lamp. now I am in pure darkness.
" ok, I will count 20 secs, then I will turn on this bright lamp to draw this moth out. piece of cake!@ "

20 secs passed.. BAM! I turn on the bright lamp~
I immediately went to this corner of my room.with 110% alertness, waiting for my prey.

10 secs passed, 20 secs passed, ... 1 min passed.. 3 mins passed. the sob didnt take the bright lamp bait..
mad.gif
Now I am getting REALLY frustrated. I decided to give up for now and go back chatting on ICQ. I crushed the napkin out of anger and threw it out.
I am now back at my PC, I stared at the red led of xcanv2+ lcd of dcm370 going as the cd is playing.... I want to listen with my hd600 but I had this feeling it might come out anytime.. so I pretended I was burning in my hd600/xcanv2/dcm370
frown.gif
and resumed my chat with Jude.

about 15 mins after we resumed the chat, the MOTH FLEW OUT from NO where!! My immediate reaction was
" YES! I dont have my headphone on, he is DEAD! <muhaha> Then I realized I had toss away the napkin in frustration with nothing to use. I took a quick survey of my desk, noticed the statement of my creditcard bill ( was doing bills earlier). I immediately took it and waited for the moth to land.. It did, and I killed it
cool.gif

statement.jpg

At this point, I told Jude that I have killed this annoying fat moth, was still puzzled by the *moth dust* term I used, so I said I will take some pics and show him.
moth11.jpg

nobodyleftoverweb.jpg

Jul 22, 2001 at 12:30 PM Post #2 of 23
Took some pics of the dead moth on my FINAL FOUR NCAA banner(wall) did not like the result ( bad lighting). So I figure I will remove the moth body to a better lighting spot then take the close shots.
legfelloff.jpg

1killquarter.jpg

upsidedown.jpg

WHILE I WAS DOING THAT. ANOTHER ONE flew out of no where, BIGGER than the one I just killed. I threw my digital camera on my bed and waited for this second one to land. It did, and once again I scored another Moth Frag.
cool.gif

2ndkill.jpg

Jul 22, 2001 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 23
With the 2 moths DEAD, I was extremely pleased and back to my happy happy joy joy mood.
smily_headphones1.gif
Put my hd600 back on, I hear Bob Marley singing* 3 little birds*
smily_headphones1.gif
Life is good again
smily_headphones1.gif
Since I already invested the time taking these pics, I figure I post this for whoever wants to read. It is Sunday after all
smily_headphones1.gif
Jude prob enjoy reading this detailed description on what went on over here as well. ( he was with me during my * battle* )

Here is the second pic I took of my second moth frag of the night.(flipped over, next to a quarter zoom in shot) I placed a quarter on the side so you can see the size of this nasty fat moth. I will just paste the url here so you can see if if you want. Not sure if some of you are the *sensitive type*. The thing is....... this is just a pic of a Dead Moth.
wink.gif
FAR FAR FAR from what some of you saw last week with that bad url to that horrible picture. ( u know what I am talking about)
wink.gif

here is the link
http://members.spree.com/sci-fi/tide...illquarter.jpg

Tides * who likes moths when they are dead

Jul 22, 2001 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 23
My apology for the extended window size.
frown.gif
I had no choice.. If I resize these pics to 640x480 or less. it does not give the same impact. ( think Grado here
wink.gif
)
So I went the detail way( think Senn) you can see much better
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

PS. I think I will go take a peaceful nap now..

Jul 22, 2001 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 23
ROFL.... PMSL... What more needs to be said
biggrin.gif

Oops... better not laugh too loudly... might have some Animal cruelty people knocking on my door
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

lol... here in the UK... (well outside my house anyway) there are moths NEARLY the size of Senn HD580 driver housings (although, not done a side by side comparison)... imagine the icky squishy mess that'd make... ugh!!

ROFL @ the hidden piccy
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2001 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 23
Duncan~~

Moth at the Size of hd580 drivers ??!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I will make sure I have one of those electronic swapper thinging when I go visit UK ( country side I assume?)

Zap all these bastards.. if you ever place one moth the size of quarter( or bigger) on a pure black sheet of paper, you will be AMAZE at the amout of these * moth dusts* they drop . Noticeble to human eye if the lighting is right...

Tides really going to take a nap now hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2001 at 1:06 PM Post #8 of 23
Yeah... I'm in the countryside...

lol... one other thing that Bedfordshire has...

"Bedfordshire Spiders"... If you know how big Mexican Bird Eating Spiders are... they are pretty huge (double hand span)... well... Bedfordshire spiders have these little bodies (no bigger than the average boiled sweet) but legs that are HUGE... makes there overall size pretty much the same as those Mexican Monsters... and... well, they could run in the olympics... well fast!! scarey stuff

Jul 22, 2001 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 23
Erm... lol...

like... mint humbugs... toffees... anything that has a cellaphane wrapper

(What do you call them in the US then?)

Jul 22, 2001 at 1:25 PM Post #11 of 23
Actually, I'm from Canada. My grandparents were from Liverpool.

But I'd never heard that term before.

We call them mints or toffee.

It sounded like you were boiling the sweetness out of candy or something.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2001 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 23
LOL! I was in tears I was laughing so hard when this was happening. He kept describing to me his frustration at being unable to find the first moth. He told me he couldn't put his HD-600's back on until he fragged the moth because if he was wearing them when it showed up again he would likely react in such a manner that might jeopardize the HD-600's and their cables.

The thought of him turning off all the lights with the exception of one bright one to try to draw it out had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee in my pants.

Interesting thread, Tides! Nice chatting with you last night too.

Jul 22, 2001 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 23
lol... nor one of the hand-built Moth Headphone amps that retail at $1150, which should, at that cost sound pretty awesome
wink.gif

On a slightly serious side note... One thing I like about this General Discussion forum, is that it is literally that... General Discussion... like a crowd of people in a bar... makes it feel very homely
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back