most cost effective headphone under 130 eur/dollars
Jan 30, 2016 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

daid1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm planning to buy a new headphone, now I have the Jvc HaS400 and it is fun, but I think sometimes, due to the limited sounstage (for me), bass became prominent and annoying. I want something better with better soundstage and separation whith no prominent bass. I'll use it in bus and university. The priority on te quality that the headphone must have are:
first, sound
second, sound
third, sound
then in order, isolation/confort (not portability)
build quality
I'm planning also to buy a topping nx1 or a fiio Ek11, therefore the sensitivity is not a poblem

Can you help me please?

(I just see Sennheiser HD598 at 130 eur on amazon, but I don't know if this have a good isolation, and Fostex t50rp also is listed for 130 eur but seems that once they cost half, and 130 eur plus the cost of modd I think is over my budjet, or JVC HARX900, or AKG K 240, or Audio Technica ATH-M40x, or SHURE SRH840, or BRAINWAVZ HM5, or other suggetions)

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 48
Hi, i am too in search of a pair of cans with basically the same parameters,
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796483/eargasm-for-100-130-150

Bear in mind the 598 are totally open back, meaning they will leak a lot of sound, and will let noise come in, but as for the sound quality, per my research is basically on of the best at this price range, also its not 130€ on amazon, its 130£ the cream color version, which is 170€, and you can find in amazon.de the SE(black color scheme) for the same price(thanks Beyakusenn for the find).

Let me know how it goes :)

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 48
  Hi, i am too in search of a pair of cans with basically the same parameters,
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796483/eargasm-for-100-130-150

Bear in mind the 598 are totally open back, meaning they will leak a lot of sound, and will let noise come in, but as for the sound quality, per my research is basically on of the best at this price range, also its not 130€ on amazon, its 130£ the cream color version, which is 170€, and you can find in amazon.de the SE(black color scheme) for the same price(thanks Beyakusenn for the find).

Let me know how it goes :)

on amazon italia is listed for 130 eur the black special edition :wink:, but for the same price there is also beyerynamic DT 150, dt 250 and the fostex t50rp....so....I don't know which one
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #5 of 48

on amazon italia is listed for 130 eur the black special edition :wink:, but for the same price there is also beyerynamic DT 150, dt 250 and the fostex t50rp....so....I don't know which one
confused_face(1).gif

That is amazing, truly.

By what i have been reading, the fostex t50rp is a no for me here's why
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fostex-t50rp-closed-ear-stereo-headphones

Basically, it doesn't have much comfort, needs amp(more stuff to carry), harsh treble, and it needs to be modded to be good

About the beyer pros, am still looking into them :p

The 598 SE, they have really good comfort, by the reviews, but i am reaching a point where i think its better to buy a really good pair of open back headphones and another pair of IEM for street use, this way you get much more isolation, you protect the cans and you don't have to carry such a big item also the aesthetics
And i just noticed the 598SE is cheaper than it's little brother. that is a steal, i think am going to jump the gun
Ah, one "flaw", depends on your taste really, it may lack a in the bass department which can be easily "fixed" with an EQ

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #6 of 48
  Hi, I'm planning to buy a new headphone, now I have the Jvc HaS400 and it is fun, but I think sometimes, due to the limited sounstage (for me), bass became prominent and annoying. I want something better with better soundstage and separation whith no prominent bass. I'll use it in bus and university. The priority on te quality that the headphone must have are:
first, sound
second, sound
third, sound
then in order, isolation/confort (not portability)
build quality
I'm planning also to buy a topping nx1 or a fiio Ek11, therefore the sensitivity is not a poblem

Can you help me please?

(I just see Sennheiser HD598 at 130 eur on amazon, but I don't know if this have a good isolation, and Fostex t50rp also is listed for 130 eur but seems that once they cost half, and 130 eur plus the cost of modd I think is over my budjet, or JVC HARX900, or AKG K 240, or Audio Technica ATH-M40x, or SHURE SRH840, or BRAINWAVZ HM5, or other suggetions)

I don't know much about the other headphones you listed, but you won't want to be wearing the HD598 on the bus or possibly at university.  They match everything you mentioned you wanted out of a headphone, but they are designed to let sound both IN and OUT which means you'll hear nothing but bus engine and annoy your fellow passengers.  Google "Wheaton's law". 
tongue_smile.gif

Having said that, the HD598 can usually be had for around €80 if you wait until November.  November seems to be the best month to buy headphones, don't know why.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #7 of 48
I don't know much about the other headphones you listed, but you won't want to be wearing the HD598 on the bus or possibly at university.  They match everything you mentioned you wanted out of a headphone, but they are designed to let sound both IN and OUT which means you'll hear nothing but bus engine and annoy your fellow passengers.  Google "Wheaton's law".  :tongue_smile:

Having said that, the HD598 can usually be had for around €80 if you wait until November.  November seems to be the best month to buy headphones, don't know why.

80 euro for hd598? Really? Last november? I missed it :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #9 of 48
I can't wait until november, and if hd598 are not recommended for that use I think I'll go whith dt150. Anyone Can compare this two headphone in term of sound quality?

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #11 of 48
Max budget 130 eur and I listen all kind of music, it dipends to the moment

I would definitely recommend the HD598 if it were for home use, but not outdoors/noisy enviroments. 

Just reading a few quick reviews it would seem the DT 150 would suit your criteria.  Can also get a warehouse deal on Amazon.de for €103.19. 
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #13 of 48
I would definitely recommend the HD598 if it were for home use, but not outdoors/noisy enviroments. 

Just reading a few quick reviews it would seem the DT 150 would suit your criteria.  Can also get a warehouse deal on Amazon.de for €103.19.  :wink:

Are for 103€ used, 145new, on amazon.co.uk for 96£ plus 4 for shipping

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #14 of 48
Are for 103€ used, 145new, on amazon.co.uk for 96£ plus 4 for shipping

Yeah, there's a small risk with the warehouse deals.  Sometimes it's a customer return, sometimes just a damaged box from the warehouse with a perfect item inside.  30 day Amazon money back guarantee though, could be tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back