Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,901 of 12,007
Thanks. So you are recommending the tfz over the moondrop paired with a bt20s?

Just in terms of power matching and drivability, yes. I rarely go past 50% on the volume with the No.3 when connected to the BT20, and the bass response is ideal. That said, the 2pin saddle on the No.3 is the opposite of recessed, so a successful connection is not as secure as it is with the Kanas.

The small upside is there’s more slack with the BT20’s cable portion, so to me, a bit more comfortable. I don’t know how much it solves the problem, but I wrapped electrical tape around the connection area to help keep the BT20 2pin plug more stable.

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #3,902 of 12,007
It appears the BGVD DM6 is only about $10 more than the KXXS. Worth
Just in terms of power matching and drivability, yes. I rarely go past 50% on the volume with the No.3 when connected to the BT20, and the bass response is ideal. That said, the 2pin saddle on the No.3 is the opposite of recessed, so a successful connection is not as secure as it is with the Kanas.

The small upside is there’s more slack with the BT20’s cable portion, so to me, a bit more comfortable. I don’t know how much it solves the problem, but I wrapped electrical tape around the connection area to help keep the BT20 2pin plug more stable.

Appreciate the thoughts. It does appear the BT20S has increased power over the BT20. Maybe I'll give the moondrop a shot with them and see how it goes and exchange if need be.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #3,903 of 12,007
It appears the BGVD DM6 is only about $10 more than the KXXS. Worth

Appreciate the thoughts. It does appear the BT20S has increased power over the BT20. Maybe I'll give the moondrop a shot with them and see how it goes and exchange if need be.

No problem! Ah yeah, if you don't mind stepping away from single DD designs, there are plenty of easy to drive hybrids and BA out there. I'm not a BA fan generally, but I'm kinda curious about how the BGVP DMS sounds, for example.

Tbh, I think the Moondrop will probably sound pretty solid through the BT20S. I don't want to prejudge whether or not you'll like the pairing. But I do think Moondrop's DD IEMs like some power. How much power hasn't been formalized or anything...

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #3,904 of 12,007
I recently got the BGVP DMS. After 40 hours of usage, I can say that the KPE is better.
Bass has more mid and sub bass quantity on the DMS, but it is not as tight as the KPE's bass. The speed and texture are not much different on both the sets either.
Mids on both have the w shaped signature. Recessed lower mids with a boost in the upper mids. Although, the mids on the DMS feel slightly more recessed due to the stronger bass presence, but are fuller and warmer.
The lower treble on the dms is dry. KPE's both lower treble and upper mids are more refined and Both have a somewhat safe upper treble, but the DMS's treble does not extend as further as the KPE. In fact, the upper treble is lacking on the DMS which makes cymbals sound dry and lacking definition. KPE's treble extension is much better with good definition.
Soundstage and imaging is superior on the DMS. . Soundstage is huge. It is wider, taller and deeper. Imaging is also better.
Overall, KPE is a more refined IEM offering better resolution, but is not as big sounding as the DMS. If you want a big warm sound, DMS is a no brainer. But if you want something more refined, resolving and balanced sounding, KPE is the better pick.
KPE is surprisingly a transparent iem I realized. It is quite revealing not in a boosted treble fake way. Smooth and transparent.

Tonally the most balanced dynamic I've heard. It is the first dynamic driver that doesn't have V-shaped weirdness makes me start to appreciate dynamic driver can be balanced.

Try out jazz tracks. It's quite rich and teansparent instrementals. Trumpet articulation is very lifelike. The attack and decay of instrumental are right amount. Therefore, timbre is realistic. Same for vocals that's right amount of textures, and yet smooth. No peakiness. Nicely enhanced mids.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #3,905 of 12,007
This album really shows off KPE's speed.

Mike Gao, Human Recursion

a2690343526_10.jpg

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,906 of 12,007
KPE is surprisingly a transparent iem I realized. It is quite revealing not in a boosted treble fake way. Smooth and transparent.

Tonally the most balanced dynamic I've heard. It is the first dynamic driver that doesn't have V-shaped weirdness makes me start to appreciate dynamic driver can be balanced.

Try out jazz tracks. It's quite rich and teansparent instrementals. Trumpet articulation is very lifelike. The attack and decay of instrumental are right amount. Therefore, timbre is realistic. Same for vocals that's right amount of textures, and yet smooth. No peakiness. Nicely enhanced mids.
The KPE is an absolutely beautifuly tuned IEM. I have bought a bunch of stuff after them but they are still one of my absolute favorites and won't get sold no matter what.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #3,908 of 12,007

True. It is a very refined and transparent IEM. No artificial clarity here. The tuning is extremely good too. no odd sharp peaks.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #3,909 of 12,007

Agree.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #3,910 of 12,007

I've been keep talking about KP's real clarity and if you got one then you will know yourself, its not fake clarity like budget iem with the help of boosted 4khz and 6khz to perceive "clarity"

True. It is a very refined and transparent IEM. No artificial clarity here. The tuning is extremely good too. no odd sharp peaks.

definitely agree!

+1

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #3,911 of 12,007
Just got my KXXS and wow these look like jewelry in my ears, dont have to use my selfie if I want to look at myself just look at the iems lol.

Jokes aside it is really balanced and neutral, but if I wanted to increase the bass I can do that with EQ and with EQ it actually has a stronger bass than the TFZ No,3 Which is amazing. I will burn them in for like 100 hours like they recommend and many other reviewers but my first impressions are very good.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #3,912 of 12,007
Just got my KXXS and wow these look like jewelry in my ears, dont have to use my selfie if I want to look at myself just look at the iems lol.

Jokes aside it is really balanced and neutral, but if I wanted to increase the bass I can do that with EQ and with EQ it actually has a stronger bass than the TFZ No,3 Which is amazing. I will burn them in for like 100 hours like they recommend and many other reviewers but my first impressions are very good.
Good to hear! Also could you please compare the soundstage and vocals to your t800?

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #3,914 of 12,007
Wow. Looks nice....and I've only had my A8 for a few months...maybe I should have waited...
You loose if you wait in chi fi... this game don't end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back