Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #2,971 of 12,009
I don't see why not if it works as a usb DAC. I recommend you try the ES100 connected via usb with Tidal on your computer. Go to Tidal setting, and set the DAC for bit-perfect mode.
bit perfect on es100 is only up to 48khz. Kinda a bummer but i cant complain enough with $99 price mark!

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #2,972 of 12,009
I got myself an A8, and it is the Yin to the Andromeda’s Yang. The A8 firmly loses out when it comes to soundstage, imaging, and treble extension, and the Andromeda’s warmer, fuller tonality makes it better for male vocals. The A8 is not replacing your open-back any time soon unless you have an HD650 or something.

On the other hand, the A8 has more mid-bass impact with less muddy upper bass, more vocal clarity, more engaging upper mids, less fatiguing mid-treble, more neutral tonal balance, and more realistic timbre. The A8 has a more textured midrange, while the Andromeda does high treble detail better. The low treble doesn’t sound mushy on the A8 when playing less well-mastered music, either. The A8 is much less picky with sources, too, only hissing very quietly out of an iPhone dongle and not specifically needing a source with an output impedance between 1-2 ohms to sound good.

As financially irresponsible as it may be, I think I will keep both of these. They both do what they set out to do well and provide interesting contrasting experiences.

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #2,973 of 12,009
For those interested, here is my quick impression of the Moondrop Kanas Pro vs TFZ No.3 Ti. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Moondrop Kanas Pro vs TFZ No.3 Ti
The No.3 Ti boasts a fuller and punchier bass expression. The vocals on the No.3 Ti are clearer with extra forwardness, higher transparency level and more engagement. For the treble, the No.3 Ti presents an airier feeling and the expression is more energetic. Lastly, for the soundstage, the TFZ No.3 Ti excels in both the width and depth, providing a holographic feeling that is unrivalled in comparison to the Kanas Pro.

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #2,974 of 12,009
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-11 um 15.14.28.png
ive read a simple review in one of the shopping sites. Maybe Aliexpress if im not mistaken. The signature is the same. They said that the new KXXS has a better packaging. Refined bass and a tad better mids. I guess if you already own kanas pro, it does not worth the upgrade. But for a new buyer, that's definitely a better buy.

Thanks for your reply! :)

Did you maybe see it on the Shenzhen Audio page (see picture)? That question to them was actually asked by myself....lol.
Also some pages before in this thread somebody posted some first impressions of the KXXS. It`d be just nice to have a long and proper review with more details. I am not necessarily looking for an upgrade - I am just curious because I am a big fand of the Kanas Pro and would like to know in detail how the signature has changed...

Anyway, thanks again...

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,976 of 12,009
Oh se es100 support usb dac? Damn!!!!! I'll try now. Im doing a critical comparison between es100 and xdsd with USB Audio Player Pro now.

For now. Bluetooth SQ, hands down es100 outperform ifi bluetooth. But with usb, ifi is having crazy soundstage.

In what way do you prefer the sound of the es100 to the ifi (bluetooth)?

I must say for me, personally, it is the other way round. The ifi sounds slightly softer but the same time also deeper (with more layering) to me. I prefer that approach to the "edgier" sounding ES100. I even believe to hear more micro details with the iFi, but of course this could be subjective.
Still love the ES100 though because it is so much handier in portability. I use both depending on the situation...

Does anyone here interested on having comparison ifi xdsd vs es100? bluetooth and usb dac.

I have everything covered. Let me know if i should write a short review here.

Yeah, it`d be great to read about your impressions!

As we all know audio can be so relative depending on person and situation - and I always find it interesting to read about other peoples opinions on gear that I own by myself. :)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #2,977 of 12,009
For those interested, here is my quick impression of the Moondrop Kanas Pro vs TFZ No.3 Ti. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Moondrop Kanas Pro vs TFZ No.3 Ti
The No.3 Ti boasts a fuller and punchier bass expression. The vocals on the No.3 Ti are clearer with extra forwardness, higher transparency level and more engagement. For the treble, the No.3 Ti presents an airier feeling and the expression is more energetic. Lastly, for the soundstage, the TFZ No.3 Ti excels in both the width and depth, providing a holographic feeling that is unrivalled in comparison to the Kanas Pro.

Interesting! From your review the TFZ superpasses the KPE in all areas?
But would you say it sounds just as clean in the lower mid area as the KPE, because the TFZ seems to have quite a bit more warmth and midbass?
To me, personally, this cleanness is one of the biggest strengthes of the KPE (even though some people find it thin) and I am wondering how much the general sound signature would change if it had more midbass (and if I still would like it)?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #2,978 of 12,009
Can I ask a "dumb" question? On the Crescent does the line with the word Crescent above it on the earphone mean it goes in the left ear?

If wearing the cable over the ear does it matter how the earphone is placed?

Thanks. :wink:

to identify which one is right and which one is left is u look at the cable stem near the shell

one side has like a straight cut to indicate left while the right one is smooth.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #2,980 of 12,009
Jun 11, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #2,981 of 12,009
Not only, seems like tad boost in mid-bass area ppl were hoping for (me not). But that 5kHz treble extension compared to KPE is welcome imho.
But impressions I`ve read so far are rather telling that differences are minimal, so, if You have KPE and like it, no real need to "upgrade".
What I`m interested in is how it compares to N0.3 Ti and Oxygens by my own ear but I don`t have opportunity here to compare.
For those who wish tad "boost" in KPE mid-bass, do simple front vent mod and be happy :wink:
Price vs. SQ - it is currently hard to beat KPE I think. Ti and O2 are both considerably more expensive and first one "requires" 60$ cable upgrade and may have fit issues due to short nozzle.
Ti is more appealing one imo. Also, wonder how regular No.3 compares to KPE as it is cheaper than KPE and measures basically same with Ti version.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #2,982 of 12,009
Not only, seems like tad boost in mid-bass area ppl were hoping for (me not). But that 5kHz treble extension compared to KPE is welcome imho.
But impressions I`ve read so far are rather telling that differences are minimal, so, if You have KPE and like it, no real need to "upgrade".
What I`m interested in is how it compares to N0.3 Ti and Oxygens by my own ear but I don`t have opportunity here to compare.
For those who wish tad "boost" in KPE mid-bass, do simple front vent mod and be happy :wink:
Price vs. SQ - it is currently hard to beat KPE I think. Ti and O2 are both considerably more expensive and first one "requires" 60$ cable upgrade and may have fit issues due to short nozzle.
Ti is more appealing one imo. Also, wonder how regular No.3 compares to KPE as it is cheaper than KPE and measures basically same with Ti version.
Yeah No. 3 and Ti is more interesting than kxxs as it seem kxxs not quite big improvement and tfz is possible improvement but in ti price range it is possible to find some alternatives to kpe but no. 3 is really interesting for the price. It is not possible to answer what differences they have but bad boy mentioned he will make comparison so hope to get it soon. Till then kpe still rules in his price segment.

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #2,983 of 12,009
Yeah No. 3 and Ti is more interesting than kxxs as it seem kxxs not quite big improvement and tfz is possible improvement but in ti price range it is possible to find some alternatives to kpe but no. 3 is really interesting for the price. It is not possible to answer what differences they have but bad boy mentioned he will make comparison so hope to get it soon. Till then kpe still rules in his price segment.

No.3 is not the one that actually recommended tho. the No.3 TI were the one that was brought up as better than than kanas pro or a worth while upgrade.

at that price i honestly would look at ex800st. kanas pro have a nice sound quality and if u own one i don't think u need to side grade to No.3 TI or O2 or Kxxs. (unless u really prefer how either No.3 TI, O2, and Kxxs sounded)

but if u are looking for a new IEM under $300 then maybe considering them is a good choice.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #2,984 of 12,009
No.3 is not the one that actually recommended tho. the No.3 TI were the one that was brought up as better than than kanas pro or a worth while upgrade.

at that price i honestly would look at ex800st. kanas pro have a nice sound quality and if u own one i don't think u need to side grade to No.3 TI or O2 or Kxxs. (unless u really prefer how either No.3 TI, O2, and Kxxs sounded)

but if u are looking for a new IEM under $300 then maybe considering them is a good choice.
Good points, only couldn't understand what makes ti so much better than no.3 so they can ask three times more. But kanas pro really exeptional value so its hard to find something similar even at ti price level.. More options in armature based but dynamic driver based iem isn't. So at the moment ti seems like a upgrade but perhaps not so big for much bigger money.

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #2,985 of 12,009
Good points, only couldn't understand what makes ti so much better than no.3 so they can ask three times more. But kanas pro really exeptional value so its hard to find something similar even at ti price level.. More options in armature based but dynamic driver based iem isn't. So at the moment ti seems like a upgrade but perhaps not so big for much bigger money.

they offer different tuning thats for sure.

not sure tje other difference.

have u ever tried ex800st/mdr 7550? i suggest try it cuz u can get a used one for under $200. my friend got it for $180. its was well known as one of the best single DD iem.

i would always suggest trying it first but its prolly hard to get a demo of TI anywhere beside china.

if u are getting them i wish u luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back