Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #2,026 of 12,008
Are you sure you are not blocking the front vent? It looks like the stem is covering it, which would increase bass response, possibly create pressure during fitting and create driver flex. Just to make sure....
*ALMOST* covering it but I cut a little bit off so that the spacer doesn't cover the vent. No driver flex and no air-pressure buildup either.

As for how it changes the sound ... I think the IEMs gained a better sense of directional cues in imaging, or as such I hear. Either way the fit is much better now IMO.

I tried this spacer mod in my KZ AS10 and NOPE'd all the way, no vents on the front to alleviate air pressure.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #2,027 of 12,008
Unfortunately, the only eartips that fit me are the "L" JVC Spiral Dots, so I'm stuck with whatever sound they provide. Luckily, they usually make the most of the IEM's default sound. With the Kanas or KPE, I'm pretty sure that I can use the EQ to reduce any troubling treble peaks and still get decent response from the bass and mids.

Generally speaking, I've usually been in the exact same situation, with the "L" JVC Spiral Dots being my go-to tip to use (and I tried a LOT of them, lol) - in about 90%+ of cases they also usually sound the best for my ears.

Some others that I CAN use (=I can get a seal), and that a very few times I actually prefer:
  • Azna Sedna Earfit in "L" - for me they provide a slightly better seal, treble is a little bit less than with Spiral Dots (=SD)
  • Acoustune AET07 in "L"
  • Final type E in "LL"
  • Final type B in "L"
  • Sony Hybrid (=EP-EX11) in "LL"
  • Mandarines Symbios W and W Peel (=decored) in "L"
  • UE 900 Rubber Ear Tips - you get a whole set (6 sizes, from "XXXS" to "L") when you buy these, and I actually managed to use both the "L" (green) and even the "M" (blue), strangely enough - and the "M" were perfect, for me, with the RHA CL2, as they provided a deeper insertion, and helped tame the upper mids spike in the CL2 (which totally amazed me, lol)
  • plus a few other things in "L" that I essentially never use, so I won't list them :)
With the KPE, in particular, though, I ended up using a not original tip sold somewhere (maybe ebay) as a "Sennheiser Very Large" (they're not real Sennheisers though), which, again strangely enough (as I never ended up using it on any other IEM) sounded the best, for me, with the KPE.

YMMV, of course, but you might give some thoughts to trying a few of those (Mandarines are easy to get, as are the UE900 ones, while the others are mainly sourceable from Japan - Amazon JP has them, and if you happen to buy them with something else and use a forwarding service like Tenso, it's doable at a tolerable cost - getting them alone is a giant PITA, though, unfortunately) - as I said, in 90%+ of cases the SD did sound the best for me too - but in those few pesky remaining occasions 1 or more of the others proved to be the difference between enjoying a given IEM or having to return it (when that's possible) or sell it on at some loss...

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #2,028 of 12,008
Wow but there are no descriptions of the size need them for dm6
They fit everything!
W9gaNW7.jpg

Sony xba-z5
Beyer Xelento
Shure se846 (with the bore enlarger from spinfit cp240s or the symbio mandarin tips)
Campfire comet
Unique melody me1
Moondrop kanas pro
And lastly the BGVP dm6 :wink:
Also they fit the Final e5000 and e3000

So cheap but very useful.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #2,029 of 12,008
They fit everything!
W9gaNW7.jpg

Sony xba-z5
Beyer Xelento
Shure se846 (with the bore enlarger from spinfit cp240s or the symbio mandarin tips)
Campfire comet
Unique melody me1
Moondrop kanas pro
And lastly the BGVP dm6 :wink:
Also they fit the Final e5000 and e3000

So cheap but very useful.

@Grev
That's a nice collection!
You've got the Xelentos??Congrats! How do the KPE compare to them?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #2,030 of 12,008
I think stock ones did a great job and it suits me well, I got the most balanced sound in all the spectrum and isolation is good if the volume is medium-high.
Same here. After trying out ~20 of my ~45 S-size tip collection, still settled on stock tips.
There are same tips with different color (blue&red) on sale @ eBay if You search Sennheiser CX300 upgrade / replacement tips.

KiAI7JG.jpg

1HUs3w3.jpg

Just get a pair of scissors and cut the stem off one of the stock tips. Make sure not to cover any vents. Keep enough space for your eartips to grip onto the nozzle. Good luck, you get five attempts. :)

BTW, Enigma is a bliss to listen to with the Kanas Pros. Currently listening to the 45 rpm vinyl of Principles of Lust. has a nice soundstage and imaging.
Same trick here (not covering vent holes):
9939957_l.jpg
Thanks alot! Will definitely try this and in what way is this supposed to impact the sound again aha?
Do it! :wink:
It expands soundstage/imaging, adds littlebit weight to mid-bass/lower mids.
With the KPE, in particular, though, I ended up using a not original tip sold somewhere (maybe ebay) as a "Sennheiser Very Large" (they're not real Sennheisers though), which, again strangely enough (as I never ended up using it on any other IEM) sounded the best, for me, with the KPE.
Those should be same as original (at least those on my pic), as imho they are exactly same size from every direction and same material/softness.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #2,032 of 12,008
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #2,033 of 12,008
KxxS finishing is something I would like to know too. I hope it's more like the A8's as I'm not a big fan of the KPE chrome finish.

Not sure if this has been answered, but the shelling is like the KPE.

Is this thing real?? Moondrop really make that collaboration with massdrop?

Its real, I auditioned it at CanJam, though I don't know if it was in collaboration with Massdrop.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #2,034 of 12,008
Wow, pleased to see the thread and so many discussions, since I have been their user since the very beginning of their business, and purchased nearly all of their products from then.

I reckon that their best product so far is Reference(it's also the only one I still own now), a customized-only single BA driver iem with fascinating FR Curve. Don't know if it's available out of China.

F89E9CFB656E417035F7C2E892B5E773.jpg

they will soon release a new dynamic driver iem called kxxs, considered a upgrade version of kanas pro edition. the price should be around 1500 rmb in China .Also 2nd gen of Liebesleid and 3rd gen of Reference(with 1BA+1DD and a switch to adjust bass response between sean-olive curve and almost flat) will be released soon.

there're also some rumors about a new DD iem around 100 rmb and a 4BA iem with a switch to change between vocal mode and normal mode, but no further detail available for me now.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #2,035 of 12,008
Here are the ones I use red/blue as side indicators and are exactly same to me as stock KPE tips (not available on ebay anymore):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-p...26-4b9e-8d17-78866dd3f0d9&transAbTest=ae803_4

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sil...26-4b9e-8d17-78866dd3f0d9&transAbTest=ae803_4

eh... the "Very Large Sennheiser" eartips I'm using with my KPE look different, they look actually very similar to the Spiral Dots (very similar overall width and inner bore), just a few millimeters shorter (less "tall"), which helped (me, at least) with the KPE's stem being a bit longer than on other IEMs. But I bought them a looong time ago, so I don't think that tracing my original link is going to be easy, unfortunately

The ones you linked seem to have a narrower bore than the SDs, to my eyes

Edited to add: I have no idea if these are the same as the ones I have, but they do LOOK similar: https://www.ebay.it/itm/223174528342

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #2,036 of 12,008
Wow, pleased to see the thread and so many discussions, since I have been their user since the very beginning of their business, and purchased nearly all of their products from then.

I reckon that their best product so far is Reference(it's also the only one I still own now), a customized-only single BA driver iem with fascinating FR Curve. Don't know if it's available out of China.

they will soon release a new dynamic driver iem called kxxs, considered a upgrade version of kanas pro edition. the price should be around 2000 rmb in China , that is 300 usd. Also 2nd gen of Liebesleid and 3rd gen of Reference(with 1BA+1DD and a switch to adjust bass response between sean-olive curve and almost flat) will be released soon.

there're also some rumors about a new DD iem around 100 rmb and a 4BA iem with a switch to change between vocal mode and normal mode, but no further detail available for me now.
how about the AMADEUS, when is coming out?

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #2,037 of 12,008

they will soon release a new dynamic driver iem called kxxs, considered a upgrade version of kanas pro edition. the price should be around 2000 rmb in China , that is 300 usd. Also 2nd gen of Liebesleid and 3rd gen of Reference(with 1BA+1DD and a switch to adjust bass response between sean-olive curve and almost flat) will be released soon.

Thanks for your input
Have to say, I would be very interested in the Reference IEM's o_0
Can they be found still anywhere on line to ship outside of China?
:)

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #2,038 of 12,008
how about the AMADEUS, when is coming out?
I listened to a early version of Amadeus January.
I have to say that it sounds a little disappointing for me. It was really unsmooth and it had too much bass.
The general feedback of amadeus was not very positive in that exhibition actually, so I guess they are still working on it to make some improvement

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #2,039 of 12,008
I listened to a early version of Amadeus January.
I have to say that it sounds a little disappointing for me. It was really unsmooth and it had too much bass.
The general feedback of amadeus was not very positive in that exhibition actually, so I guess they are still working on it to make some improvement
thank you Togawa, please keep us updated in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back