Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Mar 19, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,036 of 1,920
I need your help guys!

I am having a strange issue with the DAC that I installed today.

When I start a song using iTunes, the display on the Moon shows a the sample rate 384 and the song start playing. BUT the sound is distorted (every 2 seconds)!
I tried to play with the sample rate at the MIDI Controller (on Mac), and noticed that when I drop the sample rate the distorted sound disappear. 
I is this normal? Is there a specific sample rate that I am supposed to choose? 

The strange thing that for the first 4 hours of continuos listening there was no issue at all! I don't know what happened and what triggered this issue. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #1,037 of 1,920
  I need your help guys!

I am having a strange issue with the DAC that I installed today.

When I start a song using iTunes, the display on the Moon shows a the sample rate 384 and the song start playing. BUT the sound is distorted (every 2 seconds)!
I tried to play with the sample rate at the MIDI Controller (on Mac), and noticed that when I drop the sample rate the distorted sound disappear. 
I is this normal? Is there a specific sample rate that I am supposed to choose? 

The strange thing that for the first 4 hours of continuos listening there was no issue at all! I don't know what happened and what triggered this issue. 

Make sure ITunes is set to match the Moons sample rate.

Any recent connection issues (streaming?)

Set the Moon as the primary DAC ..... possible conflicts with your Vega?

Maybe some peeps can chime in with other suggestions.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #1,038 of 1,920

Make sure ITunes is set to match the Moons sample rate.

Any recent connection issues (streaming?)

Set the Moon as the primary DAC ..... possible conflicts with your Vega?

Maybe some peeps can chime in with other suggestions.

I just figured out the problem!

When I connect the Moon to my computer and start listening to the iTunes, everything is OK.
Immediately after I switch to Youtube to listen to clips, the screen on the Moon flickers for once and again everything is OK. But once I return to iTunes, the Moon screen flickers for one time and show the 348 and then the distorted sound starts!!!

I have no idea what is this, but to make it work with no issues, just stay on iTunes and never go back and forth between youtube and iTunes.

Any explanation???

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,039 of 1,920

I just figured out the problem!

When I connect the Moon to my computer and start listening to the iTunes, everything is OK.
Immediately after I switch to Youtube to listen to clips, the screen on the Moon flickers for once and again everything is OK. But once I return to iTunes, the Moon screen flickers for one time and show the 348 and then the distorted sound starts!!!

I have no idea what is this, but to make it work with no issues, just stay on iTunes and never go back and forth between youtube and iTunes.

Any explanation???

Youtube audio codecs limits to only 96khz, so it literally takes you away from HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable DACs.
With DACs that have no auto sensing feature, you need to manually override.  

This is a minor nuisance.

(I hate this for years as I record DSD with my Nagra & Sony recorders and Youtube chops them to 96khz)

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #1,040 of 1,920

Youtube audio codecs limits to only 96khz, so it literally takes you away from HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable DACs.
With DACs that have no auto sensing feature, you need to manually override.  

This is a minor nuisance.

(I hate this for years as I record DSD with my Nagra & Sony recorders and Youtube chops them to 96khz)

If you don't mind, I need a scenario of the manual override. Because even after I turn the sample rate to the max value after moving from youtube to iTunes, I still get the distorted sound.

But if I listen from the beginning to iTunes without moving to youtube at all, I don't get the distortion. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #1,041 of 1,920
THANKS!

It is working now :)

I hate the remote control, it is UGLY and CHEAP. 
They justify their decision of building this cheap remote by saying "we want to reduce cost for our customers"!!! 
It doesn't make any sense at all, increase the price by $50 and give us a decent remote. We paid $4500, we don't give a damn if you add extra $50
OR take 2 years out of the warranty and give me a better remote :D  

You could always buy the FRM-3 remote from Simaudio Moon. I have yet to try mine with a 430HA-D, but there is no reason why it would not work.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #1,048 of 1,920
Thanks for confirming this. I thought it should work.

It works even with my mobile remote as well, very nice one, check this out if you want

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dcom.remotefairy%26hl%3Den%26referrer%3Dutm_source%253Dgoogle%2526utm_medium%253Dorganic%2526utm_term%253Danymote%2Bandroid%26pcampaignid%3DAPPU_1_sAzxVu7uOYy70gS33JgI&ved=0ahUKEwjuhpz_-dPLAhWMnZQKHTcuBgEQ8oQBCBwwAA&usg=AFQjCNHaU91Av-QLo2aGNHp8TWn9UTo5dw&sig2=jc7KOxSPCE1bI-NZJOe96Q

:wink:

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,049 of 1,920
It works even with my mobile remote as well, very nice one, check this out if you want

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dcom.remotefairy%26hl%3Den%26referrer%3Dutm_source%253Dgoogle%2526utm_medium%253Dorganic%2526utm_term%253Danymote%2Bandroid%26pcampaignid%3DAPPU_1_sAzxVu7uOYy70gS33JgI&ved=0ahUKEwjuhpz_-dPLAhWMnZQKHTcuBgEQ8oQBCBwwAA&usg=AFQjCNHaU91Av-QLo2aGNHp8TWn9UTo5dw&sig2=jc7KOxSPCE1bI-NZJOe96Q

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH 
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #1,050 of 1,920

This might be a silly question, but do I need an IR blaster/device next to my Moon 430?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back