Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Jun 29, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #528 of 1,920
I hope you all enjoy the review. It was sure fun to write it!

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #530 of 1,920
Now I enjoy the Moon with my new HE1000.
Wonderful combo. Sweet, liquid, very controlled with tons of details.
For me the 430HA is the end game amp. A dream with all my cans especially the Abyss and HE1000.

Have you posted a comparison between the Abyss and HE1K anywhere? :¬)

Great review Eric - thanks!

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #531 of 1,920
Now I enjoy the Moon with my new HE1000.

Wonderful combo. Sweet, liquid, very controlled with tons of details.

For me the 430HA is the end game amp. A dream with all my cans especially the Abyss and HE1000.

Have you posted a comparison between the Abyss and HE1K anywhere? :¬)

Great review Eric - thanks!

Thanks Yoga! Glad to get it published.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #535 of 1,920
Yoga, I noticed you mentioned in another thread that you're getting a loaner Yggdrasil. I'd love to hear how you think it pairs with the 430HA. I should be getting to hear one in a few weeks with the Ragrnarok and my modded Eddie Current Super 7. I like my modded Super 7 (more neutral/detailed than stock) but I would like the convenience of a top SS amp. Rag is an easy choice value wise and doubles as speaker amp but no remote. 430HA has remote and preamp function and just looks dead sexy. Unless I just hate the Yggdrasil when I audition I'm planning to order one in a few weeks also. But I figure a balanced amp will get the best out of it. Decisions, decisions.

And if anyone has had the rare chance to compare the Rag and 430HA, input is welcome.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #536 of 1,920
Yoga, I noticed you mentioned in another thread that you're getting a loaner Yggdrasil. I'd love to hear how you think it pairs with the 430HA. I should be getting to hear one in a few weeks with the Ragrnarok and my modded Eddie Current Super 7. I like my modded Super 7 (more neutral/detailed than stock) but I would like the convenience of a top SS amp. Rag is an easy choice value wise and doubles as speaker amp but no remote. 430HA has remote and preamp function and just looks dead sexy. Unless I just hate the Yggdrasil when I audition I'm planning to order one in a few weeks also. But I figure a balanced amp will get the best out of it. Decisions, decisions.

And if anyone has had the rare chance to compare the Rag and 430HA, input is welcome.

The Yggy arrives tomorrow but I'll be leaving it on and untouched until next week, it'll have had 120 hours to warm up by then. A couple of days or so later (after some long listening sessions) I'll offer some feedback.

I've compared the Ragnarok, by the way. It was paired with the Hugo. I detested the sound; harsh, clinical and soulless. The 430 HAD in comparison is musical (still revealing), and coherent. Far more engaging and goosebump generating. For what it's worth, I favour the LCD-3F over the LCD-X. That's usually a good simple indicator of sound preference :¬)

The convenience of this 430HAD is off the charts (also using it as a pre-amp with KEF LS50s and Burson Timekeeper). One box that does it all. Can't wait to put the DAC up against the Yggy.

Side note: I love your avatar :¬)

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #538 of 1,920
  You really should listen to it as asson as you get it.  Then again later, to see for your self if there are changes.  It didn't change much for me.

I will give it a listen, I should have been more specific; I'll do the critical listening after a long warm up :¬)

You opted for the TD D1 Dual right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back