Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 24, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #3,046 of 8,051
  My M1060s have shipped!!!! So stoked for these to arrive!!!! 
o2smile.gif

Nice! damn mine is for will call pick up and still not ready :frowning2: maybe I am further down the line. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #3,047 of 8,051
I wonder if they actually fixed the QC issues or they're just getting rid of the ones they've made with the issues intact?  I was on the site and they went out of stock in just a few minutes.  Doesn't look too promising. :frowning2:

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,048 of 8,051
Same boat here... cant get it to ship over from there website and on ebay i can almost get everything over.
did contact CS to maybe add shipping (cos they do ship to europe) but had no reply from them.

btw , hi everyone first post for me here and second on the forum :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #3,049 of 8,051

So 10's of Headfi'ers then ... :) 

That's more like it. The only thing customer service was able to tell me was there was ~15 people on the Notify Me list. Got the distill chrome extension to watch the page and it chimed when it went back in stock. Order went through and they already took my monies. We'll see how it goes.

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #3,051 of 8,051
Got my Vegan pads, installation was a breeze.

The sound is quite lush and more ear pleasing than the stock pads but I feel it somehow sounds less dynamic and punchy than before. 

It could be a synergy thing since I have it paired with Mojo. I also noticed I turned the volume up much higher than with the stock pads.

The vocals sound MUCH more natural, no more of that upper midrange harsheness I was hearing. Now all I got to do is find the right screw driver and try the paper towel mod. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,052 of 8,051
  Keeps saying "Add to Cart' ... and then nothing shows up in cart !!

You're probably trying to add to cart from the main headphone listing page as I was. You add to cart and it shows 0 in cart. However, if you click through to the actual item page it shows out of stock. I don't think the category pages are real time; I think they only get updated periodically.

If people have been able to order in onesies and twosies for split seconds, that lends credence to the notion that the units being sold are not from a new manufacturing run, but fixed (or nonfixed) units from the first batch.

If it were a whole new run, a large quantity would have been pooped into inventory at one time.

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3,053 of 8,051

You're probably trying to add to cart from the main headphone listing page as I was. You add to cart and it shows 0 in cart. However, if you click through to the actual item page it shows out of stock. I don't think the category pages are real time; I think they only get updated periodically.

If people have been able to order in onesies and twosies for split seconds, that lends credence to the notion that the units being sold are not from a new manufacturing run, but fixed (or nonfixed) units from the first batch.

If it were a whole new run, a large quantity would have been pooped into inventory at one time.

It could also be the individual ones that used PayPal on Friday and were cancelled today.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #3,054 of 8,051
Man if they cancel my order and sell it to someone else after I've already ordered pads and a balanced cable and need the headphones to arrive to Borderlinx for joint shipping within 30 days, they're gonna get hell from me!

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #3,056 of 8,051
In response to a question about what a shipito account is:

shipito is a freight forwarding service. It's a cheaper way of shipping items from overseas. Another (much cheaper) example is viabox, who also let you pay with bitcoins. Hope this helps.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #3,057 of 8,051

If they were repaired units, they'd need to be sold as refurbished. Also, they would have gotten them all back at the same time from their supplier so they could have sold them all in one lump on Friday. Same thing if they were from the first batch, there is no reason to hold onto them. My guess is that they are inspecting each unit before putting them up for sale.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #3,058 of 8,051
Though I don't normally listen to a lot on instrumental music, I've really been enjoying this on my HE-500, modded T50RP and Argons. The drums are amazon...

How does this sound on the M1060? I hope to get a pair in the next few months.

Enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK5Z2FkEuGg

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,060 of 8,051
I've seen a lot of amp recommendations in this thread but they all seemed to be commercial ones - does anyone have a recommendation of a DIY amp that would be very high quality and geared toward driving planars?  I have investigated The Wire and the Objective 2 a few years ago, but not sure if those are the best nowadays or if there's been some improvement since I last looked.   If there were one good for driving both dynamic and planars that would be great, but if I had to pick I'd rather make one geared toward planars than have the final product suffer.

For reference, I have the solid state Monoprice DAC/AMP combo and a Schiit Fulla 2 at the moment, but I am open to higher price points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back