Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 27, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #932 of 8,051
actually it's the headphones themselves which are excluded from the discount/offer... pity

There's no discount on them for quantity ordered either, which is very rare for Monoprice. These must be as cheap as they can sell them.

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #933 of 8,051
Noticed that too.
I've been saving for a pair of he 400S and getting real psyched about having my first planars besides upgrading from dt 990 250 Ohm, and now this happens... Kind of a mix of anticlimax and gobsmacked.

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #934 of 8,051
Appreciate the sympathy. I guess they'd still be well worth the investment as so many seem to be implying that the 1060s hit above their weight and I would be probably buying the focus pads for the 400s anyways

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #935 of 8,051
Overall balance actually improves with Audeze Vegan Pads.  The treble smoothing is actually just less peaks and valleys, more cohesive.  

These with a -3dB Low Shelf at 1500Hz is almost perfectly neutral.  No artificial detail or weird mids.  Look at the gallery pics, I posted the results earlier.

Thanks very much. I am very tempted considering the price and garantee. I tried to apply the 25% coupon earlier. If it had been accepted, my order would be passed already.

The standard cable can be modded to balanced i suppose?

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #936 of 8,051
Well they cancelled my first order, so another was placed. If they cancel this one I'll call them to see What is going on. "Just take my money, I'm trying to give you my money!", Lol

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #937 of 8,051
Thanks very much. I am very tempted considering the price and garantee. I tried to apply the 25% coupon earlier. If it had been accepted, my order would be passed already.

The standard cable can be modded to balanced i suppose?

standard cable is of tiny gauge, and really short.  Better off buying a cheap used quality cable and re-terminate the connectors.

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #938 of 8,051
That is a really impressive measurement for a $300 headphone (guess closer to $400 with a pad swap. Think I may order the vegan pads and never listen to the stock. Ignorance is bliss and I'm not a fan of leather/(ette) at all. I can listen for many hours in a row, and leather isn't comfortable long term for me.

How do they measure below 20hz? Not that I'll hear it, but headphones can themselves shake and create a feeling of better bass.

These pads are the real deal.  I usually use games like Battlefield 4 or 1 to check out headphone 3D positioning and a surprising number that excel in imaging and depth for music are poor for gaming.  These with the Audeze pads do both as good as my best cans.  I actually prefer these for general listening now and gaming do to the warmer sound compared to my HE-6.  Bass also has more impact and sub bass is definitely present. These are equivalent to the TH-X00 but in open back form.  There is no excess reverberation or coloring and I feel like they sound more neutral than the measurements look.  Remember FLAT on my measurements would be forward neutral like an aggressive studio monitor.  It won't do any favors for music, it's used as a scalpel for checking for errors in mixing etc.  

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #939 of 8,051

OK thanks, and going closed can't work? If you cover both cups sides bass and SS disappear?

Listening at quiet or normal volumes there isn't much sound that leaks out, yet you can hear sound coming in just fine.  It's actually really nice.  

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #940 of 8,051
Order from eBay shipping to EU is only around 25 usd... but you need to prepay import duties

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #941 of 8,051
  These pads are the real deal.  I usually use games like Battlefield 4 or 1 to check out headphone 3D positioning and a surprising number that excel in imaging and depth for music are poor for gaming.  These with the Audeze pads do both as good as my best cans.  I actually prefer these for general listening now and gaming do to the warmer sound compared to my HE-6.  Bass also has more impact and sub bass is definitely present. These are equivalent to the TH-X00 but in open back form.  There is no excess reverberation or coloring and I feel like they sound more neutral than the measurements look.  Remember FLAT on my measurements would be forward neutral like an aggressive studio monitor.  It won't do any favors for music, it's used as a scalpel for checking for errors in mixing etc.  

I am assuming you glued the Vegan pads? What adhesive did you use? Thx. Any recommendations on where to get them?

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #944 of 8,051
  Here is link to buy the pads and sticker:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1116989-REG/audeze_1002097_lcd_ep_lf_bl_black_leather_free_earpad.html

A video on how to change the pads: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LkaQsxcNSM&t=337s

I hope this helps. 

i think the new audeze pads have a little sticker you peel off and they have adhesive on them under that to stick.

Thanks very much! Thanks for being kind to a newbie as well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back