Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 24, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #571 of 8,051
  Anyone gonna try the marshmellow pads
biggrin.gif
after watching Zeos aka Fred Durst

I have had the xb1000 pads on my 560s for months now, they are a damn good match up.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #572 of 8,051
Will that Monoprice Bluetooth Dac Tube Amp be powerful enough to drive these? This is the 1st pair of headphones I will need and amp for. Looking at the Schiit Magni 2 but really like the wireless capabilities of the Monoprice amp if it is not going to be just rubbish. Any advice greatly appreciated

I dont know if that amp will really push enough power, I got one to tear down and see how it worked inside, its not bad for 140, but its not super powerful. Even if these get loud with a low power amp, I suspect they are not going to shine unless you have something that can put out a lot of power.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #574 of 8,051
"The Fulla says it delivers up to 230mW per channel at 50ohms... Is that enough?"

I think that puts it at the very bottom end of the recommended power rating. 200mw-1w 4w peak.

I know the Magni 2 would work well for the 1060s and am interested in how the Monoprice Dac/Bluetooth Tube Headphone amp will work. Fulla may not be powerful enough.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #578 of 8,051
Someone PM me when they come on Amazon... I have a gift card I've been waiting to use on something. 

And you people who get them shortly better give us laggards good feedback on them!

The cool thing is that return policy, so you haven't much to lose if they don't pan out to sound that great.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #580 of 8,051
I also planning on snatching one of these since I miss using planar's with the HE-500 being the last planar I ever used, but it be after I get rid of my HD700s first. My ZXR will have to make do with the M1060, as eventually I will get an external amp for them.

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #581 of 8,051
  I also planning on snatching one of these since I miss using planar's with the HE-500 being the last planar I ever used, but it be after I get rid of my HD700s first. My ZXR will have to make do with the M1060, as eventually I will get an external amp for them.

Get them Burson op-amps to power take that ZxR to the next level

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #583 of 8,051
After may years of ear buds and lousy headphones I ordered my what I would consider my first good set of headphones.  The M560's were delivered this afternoon and I can say I'm happy with the purchase.  I can't help but wonder what the 1060's will sound like so I'll wait for everyone's report before making an impulse buy so soon after receiving the M560's.  Looks like there will be plenty of feedback within the next week or 2.
Mostly I'll be using these in a work cubical - reasonably quite - and at the volumes I listen to I doubt anyone will hear them with the open backs.
Super pleased with the metal construction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back