Modified usage of Super.fi 5pro
Aug 8, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 296
As a non-Super.fi 5 Pro owner, I'm curious how you switch the cables (i.e. swapping the right cable to the "left" bud and vice versa as described in the caption)...

Aug 8, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #17 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
As a non-Super.fi 5 Pro owner, I'm curious how you switch the cables (i.e. swapping the right cable to the "left" bud and vice versa as described in the caption)...

The cables can be unplugged from the body of the 'phones. This feature is intended for cable replacement, so that accidently having your cable cut/damaged will only cost you around $20 instead of $200+.

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #18 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman
The cables can be unplugged from the body of the 'phones. This feature is intended for cable replacement, so that accidently having your cable cut/damaged will only cost you around $20 instead of $200+.

Oh. Wow. I didn't realize any IEMs had that feature.
etysmile.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 296
This has made a huge difference to my enjoyment of these great IEMs.

I now get a much better seal (and ultimately better sound quality) along with greater comfort.

Don't think I will need this mod much longer because I plan on winning a set of UE 10's for coming up with the name of their new Triple X driver universal IEMs!
lambda.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 296
I am not the only idiot after all, hehehe, enjoy. Thanks to all musicians and to all who brought us such sweet sound to our ear, forever music.

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #22 of 296
Kudos my man! Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. Truly an improvement over the conventional way to wear them. I echo all of the positives on this thread. No downside whatsoever.

Thanks for sharing

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #23 of 296
Will try this out on the commute home today

Just tried it sitting at my desk at work and the seal seemed better and the comfort too

Looking forward to it

Maybe I wont have to purchase those UM2 just yet

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #24 of 296
Does anyone else here feel like they just got a new set of headphones?

Honestly, I always had trouble getting the silicone tips to stay in with a good seal the normal way, and even with the foam tips I felt I was still missing something.

Now, I can actually use the silicone tips to get a great seal, and after a couple of days with this mod, these headphones sound completely different to me. Sooooo much better all around!

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #25 of 296
Can you do the same for the EB? I wanted to get the non eb but by mistake bought the eb ones and didn't research enough. I just think that there's too much bass in them at least for my taste. Also, they look big on me as compared to my shure e4cs and e2cs. I wonder if the non eb ones are as big as the EBs.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #27 of 296
Can someone please tell me if the size of the earbuds are the same as EB? I just dont like the way Eb looks as they stick out too much and I am considering buying the superfi 5 pro especially with this new mod, but if they are the same size then I might pass on them.

Thanks.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #28 of 296
Karim,

Not sure if you mean by "ear bud" the tips that go on the end of the driver unit, or the driver unit itself?

The tips are the sames size on all of the super.fi models, but the driver unit is a bit larger on the EBs.

Hope that answers your question.

Rob

Aug 10, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #29 of 296
What a difference! I had once read about something like this, with the only difference being that they hadn't thought of switching the cables, which would have left the whole image turned around in my head - all of a sudden the soundstage would have been reversed on my favorite recordings, which would have been quite disconcerting. This is a great improvement sonically due to the better seal, and they are also more comfortable - I don't feel the need to keep reaching up and repositioning them as I did when they stuck out of my ears like Frankenstein bolts! Thanks!

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #30 of 296
I've never understood how people can wear IEMs in the cup of their ear like that. I've tried that with my E4Gs, but it just doesn't work. I think my ear canal is shaped funny, because they stick out no matter what.

So, I just shove the entire thing in. (Not to mention, my left ear doesn't have a cup like that. Only my right.)

GuyEar.jpg

This is the way IEMs were meant to be worn. Or maybe I just have cavernous ear canals.

I could almost fit the entire SF5P into my ear as well, although it was very uncomfortable to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back