Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 26, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #46 of 389
Very, very interesting and cool headphone. Really liking the design and all the cool features. I think the amp is a great feature, especially since you can run it passive anyway. I'll have to try this out, but I wonder if I'll find it comfortable with the weight... Maybe, those pads are nice and phat which is promising!

Aug 26, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #47 of 389
TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!

Are you kidding?

It had me at the first hello - lol :D

That thing looks like a work of art!

Jude, dude, no links on where to pick this puppy up from - I guess googling mo-fi will lead to where to buy- fi from :)

One thing I've gotta ask - how well does it respond to EQ?

And when I say EQ, I mean bass EQing North of the border - from what you describe this can as having 50mm drivers with a rich bottom end, it sounds like it's got potential to be a hard hitter.

Maybe this is a job for the Extreme Bass Club - but regardless, this headphone on appearance alone from your video and attached photos looks gorgeous and definitely a thinking outside of the envelope design approach which should be applauded IMO.

I'm in for the win :)

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #49 of 389
Just ordered from amazon :) Been searching for some closed headphones for a while and these seem to fit the bill perfectly as they will be used at work where I have no amp.

I'm not the biggest fan of the looks just yet, but all the features made it a no-brainer for me. Hopefully they will be comfortable on my noggin and sound great.
The weight concerns me a bit, but I will probably never use them more than 3-4h straight wich should be ok I hope. Cannot wait to put these on and hide behind my computer screen.

The fashion police will probably arrest me but who cares when you can comfortably listen to good music while doing time.

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #50 of 389
I like the headphones and the idea of an amp. I just don't like planned obsolescence if that battery isn't replaceable. I'm do like the idea of a version without the amp also.

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #51 of 389
I'm with a client and will have to ogle the vid once I commute the hell out of my local transit system, but I did want to bleat this:

Virtually every professional microphone company has created a line of headphones (what's the haps, Chameleon Labs?) and it was only a mutter of tod before the most design-conscious speakstick company of them all tossed its bespoke selvedge doily into the rink.

I don't know that I'll place an order for the Mo-Fi immediate mot, but in about a month, I'll torture my local yarmulke'd sales rep at B&H into saddling my skull with their demo.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #52 of 389
In the hopes that someone from Blue might read this, add another +1 from me for an ampless version. If they could do that for, say, $100 less, it'd put these pretty high on my interest list.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #53 of 389
  Just ordered from amazon :) Been searching for some closed headphones for a while and these seem to fit the bill perfectly as they will be used at work where I have no amp.

I'm not the biggest fan of the looks just yet, but all the features made it a no-brainer for me. Hopefully they will be comfortable on my noggin and sound great.
The weight concerns me a bit, but I will probably never use them more than 3-4h straight wich should be ok I hope. Cannot wait to put these on and hide behind my computer screen.

The fashion police will probably arrest me but who cares when you can comfortably listen to good music while doing time.

Wait, is this already available? I seemed to hear Jude saying it was going to be later than expected. Or maybe I heard wrong.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #54 of 389
  Wait, is this already available? I seemed to hear Jude saying it was going to be later than expected. Or maybe I heard wrong.

Yes it is available now. Goto http://mofiheadphones.com/ or amazon.com. Also he said that it is here now later than expected. Meaning it was probably meant to be released a while ago.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #55 of 389
  In the hopes that someone from Blue might read this, add another +1 from me for an ampless version. If they could do that for, say, $100 less, it'd put these pretty high on my interest list.

I'm guessing that the ampless version would be marketed as "the audiophile version" and cost more. I think we'll just have to settle with turning the amp off if we want the rest of the package. Or wait for it to be copied.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #57 of 389
Thanks Jude! Awesome review, as always. Very innovative, but I not sure who the audience is. Too heavy for portable. No need for the amp at home.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #58 of 389
Jude,
Could this be used well with a DAP's line out? Have you tried it this way with a DAP.? Seems if you could avoid a DAP or mobil players built-in amp, you could remove the redundant amping.

Great review.
thanks.

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #59 of 389
It reminds me of The Terminator
biggrin.gif

Nice review Jude !

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #60 of 389
I've been watching all the videos they have on their website and this thing keeps becoming more intriguing. And I thought my next headphone would be an open-backed pair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back