MLB Playoffs Thread
Sep 30, 2005 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 167

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
First off, go Dodgers. Not just cause I'm a Dodger fan even though they sucked this year, but I just want the Padres to win the division under .500. That would be an odd record.

Also this is a crazy home stretch with the Yankees/Red Sox/Indians race.

I love October.

How are your teams doing?

Sep 30, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 167
Papi carried the Red Sox on his broad back once again last night vs Toronto.

It's gonna be a wild weekend at Fenway, and I am lucky enough to be going tomorrow to see Tim Wakefield try to knuckle the Yanks one last time vs. the Unit.

Sep 30, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 167
Why'd you lead me on like that A's?!? If only harden and crosby hadn't missed games... next year it's on... MONEYBALL BABY!!!!

Oakland_Rollie_Fingers_oa9_large.jpg

Oh, and my playoff prediction, the west is weak in both divisions.

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 167
Damn Toronto, after the fast start early in the season, I really thought that the Jays could have really made the playoffs this year. Guess it's another year to wait....

And I predict that the White Soxs will somehow lose in the first round in the playoffs, and that the Padres will make a weird playoff run, seeing as the fact they're playing .500 baseball right now.

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 167
I prefer the NL, but they put me to sleep this year...

I'm not sure how the A's seem to do it every year even after losing star after star, but if they can get healthy the AL west is theirs. They need to ditch the coliseum and get a nice stadium in a better location to draw some more crowd and $$$ for the team.

Speaking of staying healthy, the Giants would actually be in the playoffs if Barry played 99% of the season. NL West...
rolleyes.gif

I predict... St. Louis VS. NYY/Boston
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 167
Although the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network would tell you otherwise, I think the White Sox have a great shot to go far this postseason. Great starting pitching + great bullpen + great defense + tendency to win close games = postseason success far more often than not. The Yankees and Red Sox don't worry me nearly as much as the Angels do for this reason.

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 167
I dont know, I think the White Sox are a paper tiger. I think the Yankees are the most unpredictable and dangerous team this postseason. The 2 of the 3 guys the Yanks will have in the playoff rotation havent been seen by the other playoff teams. Wan and Ciccone have been great this year and if Randy Johnsons on they can go far.

Im a Mets fan myself. I hope Mike Jacobs is the answer at 1st base. I would also love to have Alphonso Soriano. Wild Card next year baby!

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #11 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
I wish the Mets didn't collapse when they were a half game out.. Oh well, there's always next year!
biggrin.gif

...my beloved Mets...a team with some really good players that work hard and were fun to watch (Reyes, Cairo).

On the playoff side, I'd like to see the Cards vs. Red Sox this year. What a great time to be a St. Louis fan! Best record in Baseball, great team and a new stadium underway, which I visited yesterday. This is going to have a great, classic look to it (and be quite enjoyable with all the different beer and concessions).

I'll try to post a shot of it later under construction...

Oct 1, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #12 of 167
I'd like to see Astros vs. Red Sox or Yankees, with the Astros coming out on top, of course.

You know, if you added both Texas teams (Rangers pre-All-Star break and Astros post) you'd have one hell of a team.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back