Mar 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he's talking about me.

Amp--300
IEMs--250-350
Imod--450 or so
Cable--195

Then "saw the light" and sold iMod and 195 cable and bought an iPod 80gig Classic for about 200 and two WHiplash cables for 70 each--one silver and one copper--sold the IEMs for a very nice 150 set of Etys.

Still thoroughly enjoying the sonic qualitites without spending all the money

I wasnt thinking of you at the time that i wrote that...but if the bikini fits...lol
Anyway, you dont have a $200 amp...yours was $300 ...lol
smily_headphones1.gif

And i have one thing to say to you....

"PORTAPHILES!!!!!"
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasnt thinking of you at the time that i wrote that...but if the bikini fits...lol
Anyway, you dont have a $200 amp...yours was $300 ...lol
smily_headphones1.gif

And i have one thing to say to you....

"PORTAPHILES!!!!!"
biggrin.gif

Actually, my Minibox was 220, the Portaphile was around 225 and the Tomahawk was 200. BUT the Portaphile was a "B" model where Cesar used a different wiring for the traces--whatever they are. Still, wonderful sound.

Point is: unless I go Grado RS-1vintage with MingDa or KICAS amp for about 1,000 you can find audio nirvana for less than you may think. I'm a good example

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, my Minibox was 220, the Portaphile was around 225 and the Tomahawk was 200. BUT the Portaphile was a "B" model where Cesar used a different wiring for the traces--whatever they are. Still, wonderful sound.

Point is: unless I go Grado RS-1vintage with MingDa or KICAS amp for about 1,000 you can find audio nirvana for less than you may think. I'm a good example

True. Sometimes im amazed at just listening to some of my phones straight out of my Zune, and im not even using lossless files. Depending on what it is and where i got it from, i have 128, 160, 192, 224, 256 and 320 kbps MP3 on my player. I need a player with more storage so i can use higher bit rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back