Mini-Review: JMoney replacement Leather Ear Pads for Denon D2000 D5000 D7000
Nov 14, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 91
Could someone explain how it is that the pads affect sibilance, soundstage, and bass impact? I can see how having a seal can improve bass impact and further distance from the driver can improve soundstage, but sibilance? And is seal the primary factor of bass impact with pads?

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #18 of 91
When Sibilance or even regular sound reflects back out of a headphone. Most often a closed headphone the frequencies meet at a certain point outside your head before entering your ears. by placing the drivers farther away from your ears. the sibilance is also placed in a different position or "soundstage" and your ears hear it differently as it does all of the frequencies. This is what gives the illussion of a wider soundstage.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #19 of 91
I don't know how I feel about the pads. I just put them on. I guess I kind of miss the "bloated and uncontrolled" bass you guys complain about. I'll give it some more time before I jump to conclusions. After all, these things need to be broken in now to soften up the leather.

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #20 of 91
I just ordered a pair of V2 pads this afternoon. The salesperson at Headroom could not tell me if the pads would affect my Denon warranty. Does anyone really know for sure?

I'd also like to hear more user experiences.

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #21 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair of V2 pads this afternoon. The salesperson at Headroom could not tell me if the pads would affect my Denon warranty. Does anyone really know for sure?

I'd also like to hear more user experiences.

I shouldn't affect it at all. If it came down to it. You could take off the Jmoney pads and put the stock pads back on. Besides, pads are normal wear and tear, it's the rest of the headphone that'd they'd be looking at.

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #22 of 91
My JMoney pads came this evening. I was disappointed in the packaging HeadRoom used. The pads arrived not in the bag. But they seem OK.

The real problem is not with the JMoney pads but with the D7000. No amount of force I can exert will unlatch the original pads. My hands are somewhat arthritic, but I am pushing awfully hard. Does anyone have suggestions?

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #23 of 91
I felt the same way, I could not push them off no matter the force, i felt like i was gonna break something.

I got them off by feeling for the plastic ring on the narrow part at the bottom of the original pad. I rotated the pad so this would be between 2 of the hooks. I got a good grip, pushed it counter clockwise and it unhooked. I guess with this method you need to be very careful you don't pull up on the ring to much or risk breaking it.

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #24 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My JMoney pads came this evening. I was disappointed in the packaging HeadRoom used. The pads arrived not in the bag. But they seem OK.

The real problem is not with the JMoney pads but with the D7000. No amount of force I can exert will unlatch the original pads. My hands are somewhat arthritic, but I am pushing awfully hard. Does anyone have suggestions?

it wasn't the packaging that I didn't like. It was the fact that I paid 10 bucks to have something shipped that weighs less than 1 pound only to see free shipping now ...
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #25 of 91
In terms of shipping there's is that pesky little volumetric conversion. They not only charge by weight, but also by the volume of the package. You're paying for cargo space as well.

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #26 of 91
These pads feel nice and solid but my denons sounded like total poo with them. A hollow sound and loss of impact is what they give you. The bloated bass tames down but the hollowness of the sound due to the distance to the ears is not ideal IMO

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #28 of 91
I've got the Markl D5000's and wasn't happy with the midrange previously, I felt it sounded too recessed with the pad stuffing in place so I removed it. Do these Jmoney pads have the same sort of effect on the sound?

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #29 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got the Markl D5000's and wasn't happy with the midrange previously, I felt it sounded too recessed with the pad stuffing in place so I removed it. Do these Jmoney pads have the same sort of effect on the sound?

Did you do the full mod or just a partial one?

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #30 of 91
The full mod including Jena recable (done by Markl). Personally I didn't like the mids with the stuffing in place, it sucked the life out of them I felt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back