Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #121 of 7,710
The MH40 were a little bit heavier and more solid. A bit thicker padding and longer cups for ears. The headband didn't open large enough to fully reach my ears, but this happens with many cans. They had similarly great mid bass with a bit more sub bass that extended much lower (fully audible well below 20 hz). The mids were a bit warmer (more low mids, but not excessive). The highs were high quality. Not lacking to those sensitive to highs (like me), but not quite the clarity the Meze 99 have. So I'd say overall they are indeed a different headphone. Warmer, bassier, yet still high quality in the highs. Just not quite as bright as a Meze 99.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #124 of 7,710
Auditioned them at Canjam Singapore and liked the sound and styling. Have ordered a pair and will share impressions after they arrive.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #125 of 7,710
My review is going to be posted soon. Started a new job working nights at good 'ol Walmart (my provinces economy is in the pooper) and haven't had the time to put in the finishing touches, and take some pictures. It's going to be a long read, but no where near as much as my M4U 1's review; Found it difficult to not go overboard with the 99 Classics! 

beerchug.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #126 of 7,710
Yay, finally finished! Had to use my iPod as my ancient 10 year old Kodak camera was being non-co-operative.

My review has been posted; Check it out here.

beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #127 of 7,710
I have just spent a wonderful week with the Meze 99 Classic thanks to the Meze Team and their review program. I will be shipping them on to the next reviewer but thought I would drop a link to my review here.

I really enjoyed this headphone a lot. Like Bansaku I live in Alberta which is economically depressed at the moment so I am not sure when I will be able to buy my own pair unless I get lucky and win one. But I do suspect I will own a pair come what may at some point in time :).

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #130 of 7,710
Are these shipping already? The website says March. I'm really interested but did not pull the trigger as I've got both PM3s and TH-X00s.

​The walnut ones are shipping already. The light colored maple (or whatever) model and the ones with silver accents both ship later.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #132 of 7,710
The meze knocked two headphones off of the WOF.

Ramp up production Meze you've got a hit. Also a lot coverage and marketing spent on them. The reviews make the cover page.

Since it's modular you can have ppl select combinations of their choice.

I personally wish for an all black set w/maple cups. I will buy one eventually.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #133 of 7,710
The meze knocked two headphones off of the WOF.

Ramp up production Meze you've got a hit. Also a lot coverage and marketing spent on them. The reviews make the cover page.

Since it's modular you can have ppl select combinations of they choice.

I personally wish for an all black set w/maple cups. I will buy one eventually.

SRSLY?!? WOWZERS!!!

Congrats Meze!!!

Get me some slightly bigger cups & pads and I'm all in!
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back