Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #7,681 of 7,702
Friendly reminder for those with the 99 Noir...check for the extra pads in the box.
When Massdrop launched them, they had extra pads in the box that simulated the very first pads that Meze shipped with the 99 Classics.
A bit less warm. I think most people just thought they were an extra pair of the same pads!

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #7,682 of 7,702
Friendly reminder for those with the 99 Noir...check for the extra pads in the box.
When Massdrop launched them, they had extra pads in the box that simulated the very first pads that Meze shipped with the 99 Classics.
A bit less warm. I think most people just thought they were an extra pair of the same pads!

Yep. Smaller pads.

I still think people should try the Meze 99 Classics/Noir with Dekoni Elite sheepskin pads. I absolutely love the sound and feels like two soft pillows on my ears compared to the stock PU leather pads.

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #7,683 of 7,702
Yep. Smaller pads.

I still think people should try the Meze 99 Classics/Noir with Dekoni Elite sheepskin pads. I absolutely love the sound and feels like two soft pillows on my ears compared to the stock PU leather pads.
I'd love to try the Dekoni pads on my 99 Classic but $160CAD is a little too steep.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #7,684 of 7,702
I'd love to try the Dekoni pads on my 99 Classic but $160CAD is a little too steep.
I understand the Brainwavz hybrid oval pads are the other very popular pad swap option. In my experience those two seem to be the only pads people talk about with any regularity and it's about 50/50 split for preference

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #7,686 of 7,702
I understand the Brainwavz hybrid oval pads are the other very popular pad swap option. In my experience those two seem to be the only pads people talk about with any regularity and it's about 50/50 split for preference

Brainwavz doesn't really care about tuning. They just make pads for fitment. One size fits all. I wager most people that settle on Brainwavz pads never give the Dekoni pads a try. There's both comfort and proper tuning with the Dekoni Elite sheepskin.

"Dekoni worked closely with Meze Audio to create the best earpad for the Meze 99. Hand tested by both companies engineering departments, we’ve achieved sonic excellence with Dekoni comfort.

When you take soft, supple sheepskin and wrap it in dense, slow rebounding memory foam, you increase isolation, comfort and sound stage."

Meze99_1khz-1024x554.png

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #7,687 of 7,702
I have issue with Meze's original pads cause my ears are very protruding. My ears touched to driver and after one hour hurting started. So first I bought two different pair of Brainwavz pads. Those are comfortable yes, but look ungly, change sound too much - so I bought Dekoni sheepskin pads even quite high price and those are 1 mm lower than original. Now I'm very happy - no hurting any more thanks to tighter foam inside keeps my ears away from driver- and very very comfortable they are and sound is great. Worth of every euro.

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #7,688 of 7,702
Brainwavz doesn't really care about tuning. They just make pads for fitment. One size fits all. I wager most people that settle on Brainwavz pads never give the Dekoni pads a try. There's both comfort and proper tuning with the Dekoni Elite sheepskin.
I mean, yes, that's true, but it doesn't mean they don't occasionally also improve the sound, even if only coincidentally. I haven't tried pad swapping my 99 yet at all, but I've definitely had plenty of headphones improved in terms of both comfort and tonality by Brainwavz pads. Definitely not a 100% hit rate, but a high enough hit rate that they are always worth considering, at least. Especially when regarding price

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #7,689 of 7,702
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #7,690 of 7,702
I have many pairs of Brainwavz HM5 pads, they work perfectly on my Ultrasone HFI-780 and German Maestro GMP8.300 D Pro. The fit is very sloppy on the 99 Classics and that bothers my OCD. :wink:

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #7,693 of 7,702
Sorry for the partial offtop.
Is this only for my account that I can't respond to the sale ads in Classified?
Or is it the change in head-fi.org?
Now I can only PM about the item I wanted to purchase at head-fi.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #7,695 of 7,702
Sorry for the partial offtop.
Is this only for my account that I can't respond to the sale ads in Classified?
Or is it the change in head-fi.org?
Now I can only PM about the item I wanted to purchase at head-fi.
why wouldn't you just ask the staff??

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back