Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #1,142 of 3,070
I LOLd so hard.
Waiting over 3 weeks for batterysupply for my stepdance is pretty painful. Plus I don't get shipping fee that I originally paid + $15 to ship the ipowerus batteries back =_=;;; Darn it I should've gone XP8000 from the start!

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #1,143 of 3,070
Guys, guys, guys!  
wink_face.gif

The spare silver Solo case would have been given to any forum member that requested it regardless of gender. I've gleaned a lot of really useful information here from a bunch of great folks and this is my way of giving something back - spread the love people!

Cheers.

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #1,144 of 3,070
I awoke this morning with a reply from Energizer...Asking for more information.. The exact information I have already given them including photo's!!

They also wanted a picture of the adapter tip that came with the device.. Even though I told them it came with no tip and no power charger, they also asked the dimensions of the tip.. Which I had already given them! Good luck with your inquiry Mike, Energizers tip finder department it seems, are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #1,145 of 3,070
Wow!   They're not just negligent - they're incompetent. 

If you now have a case number or a different contact e-mail address, any line of communication opened with Energizer, I would really appreciate it if you could follow through with their redundant request.

Please continue pressing them to find out if a tip is made that works with devices that accept their NB05 Media Tip, but which fits onto their Willy Cable WI15.

I've been sending fresh e-mails and leaving voice mails daily - no response yet - since Thursday of last week (3 busineess days).

I've also filed a Claim with Amazon regarding the missing tips in the XP8000 package received from the Amazon Marketplace vendor, XPAL Power.

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,147 of 3,070

Quote:
Wow!   They're not just negligent - they're incompetent. 

If you now have a case number or a different contact e-mail address, any line of communication opened with Energizer, I would really appreciate it if you could follow through with their redundant request.

Please continue pressing them to find out if a tip is made that works with devices that accept their NB05 Media Tip, but which fits onto their Willy Cable WI15.

I've been sending fresh e-mails and leaving voice mails daily - no response yet - since Thursday of last week (3 busineess days).

I've also filed a Claim with Amazon regarding the missing tips in the XP8000 package received from the Amazon Marketplace vendor, XPAL Power.

Will do Mike. I sent them a response this morning outlining them the details I had given them and showing them that the details they asked for were in my included email that they showed in their response to me!! I have also told them I would like to know if they have a tip that fits the Willy that is the same as the NB05 tip!

It struck me the response they gave was an automated one rather than a human engaging with me as if they had actually looked at my email they would have seen the answers to my question!

As I say though,in my latest email I have told them which tip fits and to give that adivce to anyone with the same question so I am helping them instead of them helping me!

Good luck with the claim with Amazon, it looks like they get B stock or something !

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #1,149 of 3,070

Quote:
Now we're getting to the good stuff :)

Though to be fair, (s)he was one of the nicer people I met. Certainly better than the stalker, or the girl who left with another guy at the end of the night, or the one who could only talk about fish...

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #1,150 of 3,070
OK, in the interests of ianmedium and others who want to talk about the Stepdance (boring, guys, really), I'm not going to pursue this any further :)

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #1,151 of 3,070

Quote:
OK, in the interests of ianmedium and others who want to talk about the Stepdance (boring, guys, really), I'm not going to pursue this any further :)

Oh I don't know, As OT topics go I am quite enjoying this one! Armegis's experiences are giving me hope!

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #1,153 of 3,070

Yeah, we could have a lot of fun going OT, but back to the boring stuff...

Thank you Ian for joining in my quest to come up with a 15V solution that anyone can use - not just people who can solder.  I still haven't modified my WI15 cable, but probably would have done so already if I didn't already have my RC LiPo batteries for 15V.

Regarding Amazon:  To be fair, I didn't order the XP8000 from Amazon proper.  I ordered it from one of their Marketplace sellers, XPAL Power.   Amazon sells the XP8000 directly at a higher price than what I paid.  Amazon guarantees that they will make good on any purchase made from a Marketplace seller, so I'm actually pleased that I can rely on Amazon's guarantee and claim process, given that the Marketplace seller is completely non-responsive.  My only regret is not having paid a few dollars more to get the XP8000 from Amazon's own inventory. 

I've never been burned by Amazon.

Tick, tock, tick, tock... 

Mike

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #1,154 of 3,070
I started reading this thread to learn about this marvel amp Stepdance, but ended up purchasing a XP8000 battery last weekend for my other amp. Thanks for pointing me to it.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out if the Stepdance could bring my office/nomadic setup to a new level.

Currently, I rely on a DIY Pimeta Amp (AD8620 opamps) linked to a DIY Alien DAC, but I am willing to replace Amp or Amp+DAC. Headphones are HD-25 (or HD-600s, occasionally).

The Stepdance is no doubt a great amp, but it is difficult for me to judge what could improve just looking at specifications or differences in design principles between Stepdance and others. I am not qualified to properly understand their designs and I never listened to any amp using OPA1611 opamps (or OPA211, for that matter).

Maybe someone with more experience is willing to comment on how the qualities of the Stepdance hold up against 'simple' but adjustable DIY builds such as the Pimeta?

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #1,155 of 3,070

Quote:
Yeah, we could have a lot of fun going OT, but back to the boring stuff...

Haha yeah, no one needs to hear my sordid tales. I lead a perfectly normal and boring life.

Incidentally, this thread has got me wondering if the XP8000/18000 would be enough to power an M3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back