Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #16 of 3,070
why a need to change, sooner or later will be appreciation. I pretty sure many will get ready to pull trigger...IMHO   
biggrin.gif

Quote:
@Skylab: A fine idea. I have changed the title to Meier Audio Stepdance Discussion Thread. It will be released very soon and the name may evolve...  
biggrin.gif

@vkvedam: The Stepdance looks to be hitting in the top tier for portable amps but without the expense of recabling to balanced termination to achieve full performance. Meier's Active Balanced Ground uses a standard TRRS headphone jack (3.5mm on the Stepdance).

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #17 of 3,070
ztsen, I already pulled the proverbial trigger. Four months ago, I sent Jan an email creating a Stepdance waiting list and putting myself at the top of it.
biggrin.gif
  Two days ago, I sent him yet another reminder (great guy; he responds to every one of my badgering emails.) This time he replied with payment instructions and I PayPal'd the funds.

The Stepdance still isn't officially available and mine still hasn't shipped but I anticipate that all of this will be very soon.  Given that my ES5s will be back from refitting as early as Monday, this is all converging nicely into a seriously upgraded portable rig. Fun times.   
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #18 of 3,070
Then your serial number will be within 10??

I would prefer an audition before purchase to confirm I like the signature of the sound. Is the $350 price is final or promotion price?
Quote:
ztsen, I already pulled the proverbial trigger. Four months ago, I sent Jan an email creating a Stepdance waiting list and putting myself at the top of it.
biggrin.gif
  Two days ago, I sent him yet another reminder (great guy; he responds to every one of my badgering emails.) This time he replied with payment instructions and I PayPal'd the funds.

The Stepdance still isn't officially available and mine still hasn't shipped but I anticipate that all of this will be very soon.  Given that my ES5s will be back from refitting as early as Monday, this is all converging nicely into a seriously upgraded portable rig. Fun times.   
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #19 of 3,070
I actually sent 270 Euros (= $350). That's the price. No promo that I am aware of.

I pride myself on making good early-adopter purchases and I am confident that I pegged it again.
regular_smile .gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #20 of 3,070
Just remember that $350 with shipping is a very very good price. Also $350 looks to be the set price unless large currency changes occur.

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #22 of 3,070
Huh..?? Look again... says coming soon still...

*EDIT* Refreshed and yeah looks like it is available!

Quote:
It seems from the Meier Audio site that the Stepdance is now officially available.

Not sure if mine has shipped yet...

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #24 of 3,070

Yeah looks like it is!! Sheesh! When you get yours give impressions against your headsix! :D Please!

Quote:
Twonyj, are you sure? Click "refresh" in your browser while viewing the amp page. On both my computer and my iPhone, those words are gone today.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #26 of 3,070
Ordered my Stepdance today. Going to pair this with my HM-801 and also try it with my Iphone 4. Decided to try this amp instead of waiting on the Triad Audio L3.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #27 of 3,070
I received this email at 5:51 AM this morning:

Dear Joe,

Your amp will be shipped within the next few hours. Delivery by regular postal services to the USA normally takes around 10 days. Please send me a note as soon as the parcel has arrived.

Cheers

Jan

Really looking forward to this amp!  Maybe some day my Pico Slim will arrive so I can compare the two.  I do appreciate Jan's communication!

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #30 of 3,070
Looking forward to hearing more impressions of this amp, especially with IEMs. I'm considering upgrading to the UM3X and getting a portable amp to go along with them. Given Skylab's very positive initial impressions, his comments about its neutrality, and the digital volume control, I suspect this amp will go very well with the UM3X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back